Windows 10: Edge definitely given the boot for time being

Discus and support Edge definitely given the boot for time being in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Using Edge causes my network adapter to stop working and I lose the internet connection. Getting it back takes at least five minutes. Restarting... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by woldsweather, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Edge definitely given the boot for time being

Using Edge causes my network adapter to stop working and I lose the internet connection. Getting it back takes at least five minutes. Restarting windows then hangs on restart so I have to force a shutdown.

Would report in windows feedback but it doesn't come up when I type it in the search menu.

:)

woldsweather, Aug 1, 2015
  2. schnof Win User

Goodbye Nokia for the time being

cheers for that info

schnof, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Goodbye Nokia for the time being

agreed. if you are in the USA, then there is very poor coverage. i was happy that it was not the same cost of all my comunicators, though for what it does, i found it hard to believe so inexpensive.

AGREED!!!! i hope they finally fix this with the next QT update! and also add the ability to use the different colored calendar feature to sync like it was supposed to.

bummer. i would share my picture, but dont need everyone reading my email! works like a charm with every picture i have tried just to see how often it did work.

i have one of a picture with cars in it where you can see all the license plates in a high UV position...if i can blank a couple of the digits, i will post for you.

@6, lol...that is proof that there are a lot of apps already if you can need more desktops. not that you can put "shortcuts or contacts etc". on an iphone or such.

@7, Palm! lol....after thier initial push here in the Bay Area, and setting the mark for the PDA market, they were always a day late and dollar behind. yet the have had the best pda-type ablilities, along with the symbian s80 devices. but grafitti???
    lol. youre showing your "age" but i do understand, once you are used to it, you are! Edge definitely given the boot for time being ;)

i took a picture and sprayed a couple of the numbers so you can see.

remember, this was directly sun in my face on a rained day, with high uv that makes you squint and through a windshield that was dirty.

i dont think it is bad, especially for the conditions and being a phone.

ceroberts75, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Edge definitely given the boot for time being

Edge is a fairly large program. Have you been able to replicate the issue under any other circumstances? Other browsers, other heavy network applications? Have you gone to the manufactures website to download any recent or new drivers? They may have new network drivers. Does it only happen in a certain website and not on others? Any other issues?

chris1neji, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Due to this and several other irritating problems but mainly that I lose my internet connection and it takes 10 minutes to sort during which time restart computer doesn't work, so its back to 8.1 for me.

woldsweather, Aug 1, 2015
  6. After computeractive magazine showed a way of setting the default browser I came back to 10 however it doesn't work at least for me. Also even using IE 11 I lose the internet connection from time to time, rebooting causes a hang on a screen saying restarting and it takes about 15 minutes to get connected again.

woldsweather, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge definitely given the boot for time being

1. Edge definitely given the boot for time being - Similar Threads - Edge definitely given

2. Storage being used for boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage being used for boot: Hi, I am running Windows 10 (Version: 10.0.18362, if that is relevant). I have an external SSD that I store files on (not system files) just documents, project files from various software, text files, pictures ... etc. The disk is (SAMSUNG MZYTE256HMHP-000 SCSI) This...
  3. boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    boot time: my laptop is taking more than 10 min to start or restart.i tried lot of things but to no avail. anybody know what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-time/5018451c-a4c8-469e-9a4b-601a40336270
  4. boot time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    boot time: would you consider 28 sec a good boot time ? ssd 131242
  5. boot date and time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    boot date and time: How do I find the time and date of the last boot up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-date-and-time/8266e166-6d57-4979-9844-c8db56c718de
  6. edges of windows being cut off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    edges of windows being cut off: Hi all, I'm using Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire R14 laptop with an external monitor. Recently I returned from travelling and reconnected the laptop to the monitor. There's suddenly a problem that I haven't seen before: the edges of maximized windows are falling outside the...
  7. Boot time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot time: Win 10 taking 6 minutes to boot. Used to take 45 seconds WHY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-time/5fc6d399-4031-4e86-8cf9-f9b5e00e271f
  8. Default being reset to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default being reset to Microsoft Edge: Hi, I am frustrated with my default browser being changed to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10. I have tried multiple times to change it to Chrome but every time it automatically switches to Microsoft Edge. What is the easiest solution to resolve the issue once and for all? I...
  9. Not being Notified by Windows Defender of new Malware Definitions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not being Notified by Windows Defender of new Malware Definitions: I don't know why this is, maybe MS has done something on how Defender malware definitions are being notified, but I am not getting them for a few days now. I even re-installed Windows 10 because I had just replaced my HDD with a new SSD drive. Still, no update notifications,...
  10. Boot Times

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot Times: today a record - 33 seconds! *chuckle averages before around 1.25 to 1.40 minutes 82359