Windows 10: Edge definitely given the boot for time being

Discus and support Edge definitely given the boot for time being in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Using Edge causes my network adapter to stop working and I lose the internet connection. Getting it back takes at least five minutes. Restarting... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by woldsweather, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Edge definitely given the boot for time being

Using Edge causes my network adapter to stop working and I lose the internet connection. Getting it back takes at least five minutes. Restarting windows then hangs on restart so I have to force a shutdown.

Would report in windows feedback but it doesn't come up when I type it in the search menu.

:)

woldsweather, Aug 1, 2015
  2. schnof Win User

Goodbye Nokia for the time being

cheers for that info

schnof, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Goodbye Nokia for the time being

agreed. if you are in the USA, then there is very poor coverage. i was happy that it was not the same cost of all my comunicators, though for what it does, i found it hard to believe so inexpensive.

AGREED!!!! i hope they finally fix this with the next QT update! and also add the ability to use the different colored calendar feature to sync like it was supposed to.

bummer. i would share my picture, but dont need everyone reading my email! works like a charm with every picture i have tried just to see how often it did work.

i have one of a picture with cars in it where you can see all the license plates in a high UV position...if i can blank a couple of the digits, i will post for you.

@6, lol...that is proof that there are a lot of apps already if you can need more desktops. not that you can put "shortcuts or contacts etc". on an iphone or such.

@7, Palm! lol....after thier initial push here in the Bay Area, and setting the mark for the PDA market, they were always a day late and dollar behind. yet the have had the best pda-type ablilities, along with the symbian s80 devices. but grafitti???
    lol. youre showing your "age" but i do understand, once you are used to it, you are! Edge definitely given the boot for time being ;)

i took a picture and sprayed a couple of the numbers so you can see.

remember, this was directly sun in my face on a rained day, with high uv that makes you squint and through a windshield that was dirty.

i dont think it is bad, especially for the conditions and being a phone.

ceroberts75, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Edge definitely given the boot for time being

Edge is a fairly large program. Have you been able to replicate the issue under any other circumstances? Other browsers, other heavy network applications? Have you gone to the manufactures website to download any recent or new drivers? They may have new network drivers. Does it only happen in a certain website and not on others? Any other issues?

chris1neji, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Due to this and several other irritating problems but mainly that I lose my internet connection and it takes 10 minutes to sort during which time restart computer doesn't work, so its back to 8.1 for me.

woldsweather, Aug 1, 2015
  6. After computeractive magazine showed a way of setting the default browser I came back to 10 however it doesn't work at least for me. Also even using IE 11 I lose the internet connection from time to time, rebooting causes a hang on a screen saying restarting and it takes about 15 minutes to get connected again.

woldsweather, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge definitely given the boot for time being

1. Edge definitely given the boot for time being - Similar Threads - Edge definitely given

2. Automatically run this VBA macro everyday at a given time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically run this VBA macro everyday at a given time: I'm trying to run this VBA macro everyday. The code runs fine manually but won't activate at that time that is stated in the code. I also tried using task scheduler and vbs script, but I couldn't get that to work either so I opted to try to figure this method out first since...
  3. Automatically run this VBA macro everyday at a given time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically run this VBA macro everyday at a given time: I'm trying to run this VBA macro everyday. The code runs fine manually but won't activate at that time that is stated in the code. I also tried using task scheduler and vbs script, but I couldn't get that to work either so I opted to try to figure this method out first since...
  4. the virus definition not being installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the virus definition not being installed: virus definition not being updaed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-virus-definition-not-being-installed/a98df427-afa5-4ce5-85cb-e6e4e34cfa83
  5. the virus definition not being installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the virus definition not being installed: virus definition not being updaed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-virus-definition-not-being-installed/a98df427-afa5-4ce5-85cb-e6e4e34cfa83
  6. the virus definition not being installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. the only option i’m being given is ethernet! :[

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the only option i’m being given is ethernet! :[: please help me! D:> im literally so desprate right now! my computer is an inspirion 5675, and today when i turned it on, i got an error message saying that windows loaded incorrectly or something like that! i restarted it like i was told to, and the internet wasnt working!...
  8. Log on after being given more screen time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log on after being given more screen time: My son's screen time ran out last night. I logged on to the Microsoft account and gave him more time, but the program will not allow him to log on because it says it is not connected to the Wifi. When he sends a message requesting more time, it comes back that an error has...
  9. Time not being given through request

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Time not being given through request: When I send a request to my dad he clicks the link to give more time but most of the time it doesn't work. He also try's going to the actual website and granting more screen time but that normally doesn't work either. Has this ever happened to anyone and do you know how to...
  10. Not being Notified by Windows Defender of new Malware Definitions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not being Notified by Windows Defender of new Malware Definitions: I don't know why this is, maybe MS has done something on how Defender malware definitions are being notified, but I am not getting them for a few days now. I even re-installed Windows 10 because I had just replaced my HDD with a new SSD drive. Still, no update notifications,...