Windows 10: Edge does not open, or it opens x 3.

Discus and support Edge does not open, or it opens x 3. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi everyone. Today, Edge decided to not open when I click on its icon, or, maybe, open 3 windows at the time. I don't know what's happening. Since... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ghost82, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Ghost82 Win User

Edge does not open, or it opens x 3.

Hi everyone. Today, Edge decided to not open when I click on its icon, or, maybe, open 3 windows at the time. I don't know what's happening.

Since last WU, didn't have any problem. No virus (apparently) on my computer. I've run sfc /scannow, and everything is alright.

Anybody experiencing something similar? And, if so, any solution?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Ghost82, Apr 9, 2016

2. Microsoft Edge not working.

So #1 does not work because Edge does not open.

# 2 does not work - when you click on the windows tab and X - nothing happens.

# 3 Settings where?

The only option I am allowed at this point is to use Chrome?

THEDASomerhiser, Apr 9, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    How to override Microsoft Edge as the default PDF viewer? I wish I could uninstall it, but Microsoft apparently has it protected.

Microsoft Edge does not support plugins, no browser except IE11 does anymore. PDFs will open in Edge using Edge's rendering when opening from the Internet. If you want to read that PDF in Acrobat, you will have to download it first, then open it with Acrobat.

Entegy, Apr 9, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

.................Today, Edge decided to not open when I click on its icon..................

Do a system restore. Pick a few days ago as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Apr 9, 2016
  5. Ghost82 Win User
    You know what? It solved itself, hahaha. Not happening anymore. Anyway, thanks for that tip, I'll count on it if it happens again.

Ghost82, Apr 9, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Good to hear that.
    Please mark your thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge does not open, or it opens x 3. - Similar Threads - Edge does open

2. msn does not allow articles to open in edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msn does not allow articles to open in edge?: msn does not allow articles to open in edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-does-not-allow-articles-to-open-in-edge/52d28014-b292-4312-bfd5-de9d43b71e77
  3. msn does not allow articles to open in edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msn does not allow articles to open in edge?: msn does not allow articles to open in edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-does-not-allow-articles-to-open-in-edge/52d28014-b292-4312-bfd5-de9d43b71e77
  4. Microsoft edge crashing after 3-4 seconds of opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft edge crashing after 3-4 seconds of opening: Ok, its a domain-joined Laptop purchased an year ago I believe I have done everything that I can Think of but Edge still does not work and I Required a really expert opinion, what i have done so far :- Obviously resetting-clear cache and browser history and then...
  5. Microsoft edge crashing after 3-4 seconds of opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft edge crashing after 3-4 seconds of opening: Ok, its a domain-joined Laptop purchased an year ago I believe I have done everything that I can Think of but Edge still does not work and I Required a really expert opinion, what i have done so far :- Obviously resetting-clear cache and browser history and then...
  6. edge will not open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    edge will not open.: just got the big update a couple days ago and everything was working fine until today. i click on edge but it will not open. ive restarted my computer multiple times and it still wont work. mcaffe is up to date. sorry if this is the wrong sub submitted by /u/SafeDebate0...
  7. Edge will not open.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Edge will not open.: edge used to work but stopped working. Error says that Windows cannot find msedge.exe. I've disabled my VPN and Security software; uninstalled and reinstalled EDGE several times. I think the new Edge isn't compatible with my Surface Pro 7 but there's not another version I...
  8. fallout 3 will not open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fallout 3 will not open: hi there readers. I bought fallout 3:special edition (in disc form) and installed both discs on my laptop. When I went back to disc 1 to open it ,the menu was there, but when I pressed start, it said ``could not locate file in c:/windows/system32/xlive.dll``. I found someone...
  9. Edge not opening

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not opening: Upgraded from 8.1 yesterday and start menu and would not open. I then upgraded again but this time from a USB and it started working, but edge now does not open and Cortana has no internet connection although firefox works. Have upgraded yet again from USB and still no Edge ,...
  10. CMD prompt opens to X:

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD prompt opens to X:: Hi all. Just upgraded to Windows 10 and for some reason, my cmd prompt opens to X:. I'm not sure why it does that, but if I launch in Admin mode, it usually opens to C:[yada yada]. I'm not sure if this is the cause of many problems I am having with Python, pip, etc all...