Windows 10: Edge doesn't launch after switching user accounts on pc

Discus and support Edge doesn't launch after switching user accounts on pc in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Anyone notice that edge refuses to launch if you switch user accounts and then log out and go back into your user account? It quite often happens that... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Scottyboy99, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Edge doesn't launch after switching user accounts on pc

Anyone notice that edge refuses to launch if you switch user accounts and then log out and go back into your user account? It quite often happens that I'll be logged in using the PC, my wife will then quickly log in. When finished I'll re login into mine where upon clicking edge does nothing. Very easily fixed by going into task manager and ending the process. After that it's fine but it's something I noticed. A minor quirk at least on my machine anyway and something that I guess in time may be ironed out

:)

Scottyboy99, Jan 28, 2016
  2. MC_2169 Win User

Problems switching users

I've got a problem when I switch users in Windows 10 Home. If I'm logged in as one user and click to switch to a different user it appears to begin the switch but then the OS hangs only showing the blue screen with the windows icon. I have to then restart
    the PC. After it begins to restart it asks if I'm sure because other users are logged on, then it shows the icon/picture of the user I was switching to, but I have to go through with the restart because it's already going through the restart process. Is
    anyone having this issue? If I completely log out of my current user account, I can then logon to a different user account, but if I select to "fast switch" to another user, my PC hangs. I can't launch gpedit.msc to configure or shut off the fast switch
    functionality because Win 10 Home doesn't have that option. I'm using a HP 17" Envy.

Update: if I lock the current account and then switch user it doesn't hang...weird.

MC_2169, Jan 28, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Fingerprint Logon

My Fingerprint Reader didn't work at all at first after the upgrade to windows 10 but that was because the upgrade switched my PC to log in with a Microsoft account instead of a local account, and the fingerprint reader does not work with network accounts.

Now it doesn't work with Microsoft Edge but does work with some application that I have and require a logon.

Philip J Dodd, Jan 28, 2016
Thema:

Edge doesn't launch after switching user accounts on pc

1. Edge doesn't launch after switching user accounts on pc - Similar Threads - Edge doesn't launch

2. Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts: I have 3 accounts on my ZenBook, running windows 11. I was using a Microsoft wired keyboard and had to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in after switching between accounts to make the keyboard work. I've just upgraded to a logitech k850 bluetooth keyboard and it's also...
  3. Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts: I have 3 accounts on my ZenBook, running windows 11. I was using a Microsoft wired keyboard and had to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in after switching between accounts to make the keyboard work. I've just upgraded to a logitech k850 bluetooth keyboard and it's also...
  4. Switch to new user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch to new user account: Hello, So I recently took over a job for someone and everytime I log into the computer it says their name and is connected to their personal email.How can I change it to mine and the work email with out loosing all the data and work stored on her "desktop". I have seen...
  5. Switch to new user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch to new user account: Hello, So I recently took over a job for someone and everytime I log into the computer it says their name and is connected to their personal email.How can I change it to mine and the work email with out loosing all the data and work stored on her "desktop". I have seen...
  6. User account switch

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account switch: Hello, I have set up a new Microsoft account for my son and added him to my Family account to enable him to use the home PC. Whilst using my laptop to change some of his account details and restrictions, I have somehow assigned his Microsoft account to my laptop user profile....
  7. Switching Account Applied to User

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching Account Applied to User: My dad gave me his laptop, which I had been using for schoolwork and gaming, with all my stuff on his account. Is there a way to change his account to me instead of him? He is marked as a parent in the family of accounts. submitted by /u/Catdaddy0124 [link] [comments]...
  8. User accounts switching problem

User accounts switching problem: I have two users on my windows10. One account relates to my outlook while the other is without outlook id, so when i turn on my PC the user account that is without outlook id automatically sign-in's to the PC without poping up the screen which shows both the user names......
  9. Switching user accounts / edge glitch

Switching user accounts / edge glitch: Does anyone find that when logging out and switching user accounts that edge then has a tendency not to launch. For example I might be logged in, use everything such as edge etc. Then I log out, my wife logs in, she tries to launch edge but nothing happens/opens. It's easily...
  10. Taskbar doesn't stay on 2nd display after user switching

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar doesn't stay on 2nd display after user switching: Hello I have a problem with my taskbar. I have 2 monitors and I like to keep the taskbar on the secondary display, vertically at the right hand side of the screen. My other half has a separate account on our PC and she has the taskbar the same way. When she logs in to...