Windows 10: Edge doesn't retain screen position

Discus and support Edge doesn't retain screen position in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Annoyingly, Edge doesn't retain screen position, which means repositioning it every time I open it. All other apps are fine. Bug? 9923 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by imacken, Jul 29, 2015.

1. imacken Win User

Edge doesn't retain screen position

Annoyingly, Edge doesn't retain screen position, which means repositioning it every time I open it.
    All other apps are fine.
    Bug?

:)

imacken, Jul 29, 2015
  2. KelpFries Win User

How to keep Microsoft Edge Browser in the same position when it opens

I've upgraded 3 of my PC's to Windows 10, very nice by the way. And I like the new Edge browser. However, it is becoming frustrating using this browser as it will not retain it's screen position when it's closed and reopened. It's the only application
    that refuses to maintain it's position. It opens where ever it feels like opening then it has to be moved to the position I want to keep it. I have not seen this issue with any other window, either inherently in Windows or an application. They all maintain
    position. Is there a secret to getting the Edge browser to maintain screen position?

KelpFries, Jul 29, 2015
  3. aaron2222 Win User
    How to keep Microsoft Edge Browser in the same position when it opens

Similar Question Here

aaron2222, Jul 29, 2015
  4. theorem Win User

Experiencing same problem.

theorem, Jul 29, 2015
  5. slimjame Win User
    Yep, same problem on several machines.

slimjame, Aug 4, 2015
  6. Same issue. I just maximize it and the problem is gone

Fr33R3v0lution, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge doesn't retain screen position - Similar Threads - Edge doesn't retain

2. Saving images to the clipboard doesn't retain their filename anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving images to the clipboard doesn't retain their filename anymore?: Not sure why this change happened, but I can tell you know as someone who likes downloading images of cute things or dumb jokes that I don't like having to rename every file by hand each time I download them from discord. If anyone could point me to how to fix this issue, I'd...
  3. Taskbar Doesn't Retain Pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Doesn't Retain Pin: I have an App Twitter pinned to my taskbar. The taskbar is locked. Yet if I quit the app, it disappears from the taskbar, and I have to launch it for Start agin and try to pin it to the taskbar....
  4. Some desktop icons not retaining their positions after restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some desktop icons not retaining their positions after restart: I'm in the middle of doing a few updates and troubleshooting steps for a couple unrelated issues, and this has cropped up in the process of doing so; whenever I restart my computer now, the icons on my desktop are always in the same location. See that smoothies.txt popped out...
  5. Screen position/size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen position/size: I am working on replacing an arcade screen with a 43inch flat screen but my issue is after setting the orentiation some of the bottom (left side) will be hidden by the cabinet i need to set the screen position so that the screen is inside my glass frame but I cannot find any...
  6. screen position

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    screen position: i can not see the up and down arrows because the screen is slightly to the right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-position/b967e0c8-439f-49db-8580-4cc122e3664a
  7. Win 10 1903 RDP (Remote Desktop) not retaining window positions or task bar positions...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 1903 RDP (Remote Desktop) not retaining window positions or task bar positions...: Hello, I'm unable to figure this out after hours of searching and trying things so I'm hoping someone here can help. Recently my remote systems were updated to windows 10 1903 and since then every time I reconnect (hit the close button, re-establish a remote desktop...
  8. Windows Explorer: Have each folder retain its size, position, settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer: Have each folder retain its size, position, settings: Windows Explorer: Have each folder retain its size, position, settings I do recall that in previous versions of windows one of the features was the ability to customize a folder including background art. The folder would remember where it was, what size it was, and what...
  9. Microsoft Edge opening window position

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge opening window position: I know that this has been asked before, but I've not been able to find any resolution. My screen is of the 'wide' variety. When I open Edge, it insists on opening on the left. Has anyone found a way to persuade it to remember to open centre screen? I know it doesn't...
  10. Windows (File Explorer) not retaining my set size and position?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows (File Explorer) not retaining my set size and position?: I've noticed this problem with many of the internal programs such as file explorer, that will open up in an unusable size and position, and even after I adjust those to my preferred settings, they always revert back. Is there a fix for this that will allow me to set the...