Windows 10: EDGE error 2484 - too long to suspend

Discus and support EDGE error 2484 - too long to suspend in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Error 2484 Edge "took too long to suspend" appears in Event Viewer frequently on several PCs. EDGE works, and the error is benign. But can it be... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by borgus, Jul 20, 2017.

1. borgus Win User

EDGE error 2484 - too long to suspend

Error 2484
    Edge "took too long to suspend" appears in Event Viewer frequently on several PCs. EDGE works, and the error is benign. But can it be overcome?

These suggestions have been tried...

Reinstalled EDGE
    Ran the STORE apps troubleshooter
    Disabled IPV6
    Enabled UAC
    Verified that "fast start" is unchecked in ABOUT:FLAGS
    SFC is clean
    Latest video driver is installed

:)

borgus, Jul 20, 2017
  2. borate Win User

> Are you working on a domain environment?

• Private home PC and laptop - both see these errors

> Are you running an Insider Preview build?

No

> Have you checked if the issue persists on a different user account?

Two machines - same error, so that pretty much rules out an account issue

> Have you tried to restore your system to an earlier point? If this issue happened recently, do a system restore

> by going to Control Panel > Search for Recovery > Open System Restore > Next > Select a restore point

> Next > Finish.

Fresh install on laptop; system image restore on PC and both machines have been restarted many times

This appears to be a timing issue, as EDGE is operating normally

borate, Jul 20, 2017
  3. John Ado Win User

Got it. Since it is happening on a fresh install environment and Microsoft Edge has been reset, let's follow Cyber_Defend_Team advise and report in Feedback Hub.You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit
    a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are
    doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.
    For more information on Feedback Hub, see our support
    article
    and YouTube video.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key + S and type Feedback.

2. Select Feedback Hub > Hamburger icon > Feedback > Add
    new feedback

3. Select the Suggestion or Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose
    an appropriate category and subcategory.

4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or
    Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.

5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.

6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.

7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).

8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.

9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/<unique link>).

All the best.

John Ado, Jul 20, 2017
  4. torre Win User

Personal opinion, but I have learned you will go crazy trying to fix the benign errors in Win10. It is a challenge and fun to try.

If Edge is performing properly don't be concerned.

torre, Jul 22, 2017
  5. borgus Win User
    I'm not, and that's good advice. Still, if an error is persistent... .
    EDGE error 2484 - too long to suspend [​IMG]

borgus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. EDGE error 2484 - too long to suspend - Similar Threads - EDGE error 2484

2. Error 0x800700CE: The filename or extension is too long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x800700CE: The filename or extension is too long: Ever since I purchased Win 11 on my machine, it has been giving me issues. The biggest one right now is that I cannot rename folders. Any time I try no matter how I try to do it, I get the above error.HELP. I have a metric f-ton of "New folder" folders now....
  3. Error 0x800700CE: Filename or extension too long error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x800700CE: Filename or extension too long error: Hello, I use the computer a lot. There was an error in Windows 10. Error 0x800700CE: Filename or extension too long error I changed it to windows 11 and it did not work again.1. It happens in every folder.2.System new3. It happened in every folder and when I reset it. I can't...
  4. Error 0x800700CE: Filename or extension too long error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x800700CE: Filename or extension too long error: Hello, I use the computer a lot. There was an error in Windows 10. Error 0x800700CE: Filename or extension too long error I changed it to windows 11 and it did not work again.1. It happens in every folder.2.System new3. It happened in every folder and when I reset it. I can't...
  5. Error 0x80010135: Path too long.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x80010135: Path too long.: I changed my laptop and want to copy a zipped file to my new laptop and 51% down the line am getting this Error 0x80010135: Path too long. Kindly advise on the possible solution....
  6. error Path too long-

error Path too long-: In Windows 10 Home is there a way of stopping this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-path-too-long/b050c5d4-808c-4a21-bf15-43f1f80914c4
  7. Error 0x800700CE: The filename or extension is too long

Error 0x800700CE: The filename or extension is too long: [ATTACH] This error keeps persisting. Please help. 2 days ago I purchased a retail key for windows 10 and installed it on my PC It worked well. Today I installed bitdefender antivirus software and uninstalled previous antivirus software and updated windows from v1903 to...
  8. Error 0*80010135 path too long

Error 0*80010135 path too long: Hello, I was extracting a file when this unexpected error "0 * 80010135 path too long" occurs. it is related to a MAP file which is a BinarySearchTree.Js.Map. it interrupted the extraction process and I can't skip it if I skip it I have to start the process again which will...
  9. Microsoft EDGE suspended

Microsoft EDGE suspended: I used this browser last night and today it no longer works. How did it get suspended and how do I fix it? All my bill accounts are bookmarked there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-suspended/def8f875-3cbe-41fa-9d4b-68eeb13cdc02
  10. Event error ID 2484

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event error ID 2484: Hi guys, found an event viewer error ID 2484, obviously it has something to do with the Edge browser. Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell Date: 27/5/2017 3:24:10 PM Event ID: 2484 Task Category: (2400) Level: Error Keywords: (64),Process...