Windows 10: Edge Favorites Bar is Blank Grey

Discus and support Edge Favorites Bar is Blank Grey in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have the Favorites Bar set in the 'ON' position in 'Settings' and it displays a grey bar with this text. 'Add to the favorites bar by selecting... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bruce, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Bruce Win User

Edge Favorites Bar is Blank Grey

I have the Favorites Bar set in the 'ON' position in 'Settings' and it displays a grey bar with this text.

'Add to the favorites bar by selecting (Star Icon), or by importing your favorites.'

I have imported my favorites from the previous version of I.E. and can access them from the Hub Icon. This is very clumsy and unacceptable.

:)

Bruce, Aug 9, 2015

2. Favorites Bar on Egde

Favorite bar on Edge. I put several favorites on the favorites bar and after closing out of edge and log back in the favorites in the favorites bar are gone anybody have this problem??? this is my first day using win 10 and edge

GaryCramer, Aug 9, 2015
  3. SIV
    Siv Win User
    Edge and Favorites Bar

Currently the option to customize the favorites names to icons under favorites bar isn't available. I recommend you to submit a feedback by clicking send feedback option.

I am seeing that you cannot iconize the Favorites Bar but what I did then was to bring up the favorites bar folder, right click each name & shorten it to 1 or 2 letters. I did try to just delete the name but it won't let me have a blank name. In any case,
    I can now see all the items on the bar from A-Z.

Where is the Favourites bar folder for Edge?

4. RonCFL Win User

Can't help it .. got to come in to share your pain ..It's the clumsiest browser ever ..
    I gave up wds10 and stupid Edge browser already ... back to wds 8.1 .. happy again ..
    Cheers mate ..

RonCFL, Aug 9, 2015
  5. My bookmark bar was imported from Chrome, but it had to be rearranged.

fracking4oil, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Bruce Win User
    There is a command to 'Show Favorites Bar' located under 'More Actions' (...) and then under 'Settings'. It adds a bar, but the bar is as described in my original post...

WTF?

Bruce, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge Favorites Bar is Blank Grey - Similar Threads - Edge Favorites Bar

2. Edge favorites bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge favorites bar: Hi, I have the Edge Favorites bar along the top of my home page. I have put many favorites along the top, I have selected " show icons only" to save space, however it keeps reverting back after about a day. I repeat this again, and it reverts back again. How can I prevent it...
  3. Edge favorites bar pull down menu blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge favorites bar pull down menu blank: Hi, For the last few iterations of Windows 10, I've noticed the favorites bar pull down arrow is blank. The only way to get the items back is to go into settings and turn off, then back on to "Show the favorites bar". This only lasts a short time then then items disappear...
  4. Edge Favorites Bar Customization

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Customization: Is it possible to set the favorites on the favorites bar to just icons like you have the option in IE11? I'm right clicking all over this program, but I don't see hardly anything that can be customized. 28020
  5. Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge: I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my...
  6. Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites: I have enough icons in the Edge favorites bar that they do not all show in a browser window. Before the Creator update, at the right end of the items that showed there was a down carrot that expanded vertically down to show a list of the remaining favorites beyond those...
  7. Display Favorites Bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Display Favorites Bar in Edge: I've been able to import my favorites from IE11 but no matter what I do I can not get the them to display across the top of the browser. Any suggestions? [img] 58771
  8. Edge Favorites Bar Order

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Order: Is it possible to set Edge NOT to put the items in the Favorites Bar in alphabetical order but rather let me put them in my own preferred order (as can be done in all other browsers, including IE)? Thanks Peter 18830
  9. 10158 Edge Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    10158 Edge Favorites Bar: The Favorites Bar is still useless. Favicons not showing and the links just won't stay in the order you want them. I was using the Hub for Favorites, Reading etc. If someone can tell me where I am going wrong, please let me know. Still no use to me for my default...
  10. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge favorites bar blank

2. edge favorites blank