Windows 10: Edge Favorites Icons

Discus and support Edge Favorites Icons in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In these new Win 10 builds is the option to only have icons (No text) in the Edge Favorites bar available yet ? 27520 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jymp, Oct 23, 2015.

1. jymp Win User

Edge Favorites Icons

In these new Win 10 builds is the option to only have icons (No text) in the Edge Favorites bar available yet ?

:)

2. Putting Icons on the Windows 10 desktop that use Edge for web applications.

Both Internet Explore in Windows 8.1 and Edge in Windows 10 use the Favorites Bar for frequently used web applications. I have also made it a practice to place icons on the desktop for most of the applications that are on the Favorites Bar. When the icon
    on the desktop for one of these applications is selected in Windows 8.1 it starts up using Internet Explore. After I converted to Windows 10, the Icons on the desktop, that represented the applications on the Favorites Bar, still execute using Internet Explore.
    I trued selecting a Favorites Bar icon and then left click on the icon on the left side of the URL, but the system won't allow me to drag and drop it onto the desktop. So I have not been able to place Icons on the Windows 10 desktop that execute Favorites
    Bar applications using Edge.. So the question is: How do I get an Icon on the desktop of Windows 10 that executes an application represented on the Favorites Bar and tat uses Edge as the browser

RobertStankovsky, Oct 23, 2015
  3. Tabs

Hi and Welcome!

Are you using Microsoft Edge? Or Internet Explorer 11?

If you are using Microsoft Edge, then the order of the Favorites Bar needs to be customized within the Favorites menu found from the top left "three lined" icon. Select Favorites, then Favorites bar and change the order there.

Masterchiefxx17, Oct 23, 2015
Thema:

Edge Favorites Icons

1. Edge Favorites Icons - Similar Threads - Edge Favorites Icons

2. favorites on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    favorites on Edge: Can I make Edge openwith a verticcal favorites list similar to the way IE has been doing mit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-on-edge/d2a18a59-581e-4e1b-9e51-6f64a533d3c3
  3. Edge Favorites Icon "Travel Ideas"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Favorites Icon "Travel Ideas": How do I remove the "Travel Ideas" Favorites Icon from Win11 Edge?? Right-click shows a menu with "Remove" as a choice but the icon is never removed. The icon is a link to a Microsoft travel site.All other Favorites Icons behave themselves....
  4. Edge Favorites Icon "Travel Ideas"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Favorites Icon "Travel Ideas": How do I remove the "Travel Ideas" Favorites Icon from Win11 Edge?? Right-click shows a menu with "Remove" as a choice but the icon is never removed. The icon is a link to a Microsoft travel site.All other Favorites Icons behave themselves....
  5. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  6. EDGE Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE Favorites: How do you SORT the favorites? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites/05bcaa2d-4440-450c-8012-506287f63127
  7. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  8. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Favorites: How do you change the width of the Favorites Side panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/edge-favorites/7d3ac0b7-4fb5-4364-a313-2804ea3e431f
  9. Favorite icons in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorite icons in Edge: I like the way that the list of internet favourites arranges itself in alphabetical order in Microsoft Edge. Since the latest upgrade, 10586.3, some of the icons have started to grow. Pc World and Screwfix have grown to ten times their original size, and I have restored them...
  10. Edge Favorites Bar Icon Spacing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Icon Spacing: I finally figures out how to import my IE favorites into the Edge favorites bar, and then how to re-order them. Does anyone know of a way to decrease the spacing between the icons themselves in the Edge favorites bar? 27124