Windows 10: Edge Favorites

Discus and support Edge Favorites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; David, Odd. Do you have any favorites added to Microsoft Edge yet? Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by beachguide, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Edge Favorites

David,

Odd. Do you have any favorites added to Microsoft Edge yet?

Brink, Feb 22, 2016
  2. davidhk Win User

I don't use Edge much as iE11 is my default.
    All I have in Favorites are 3 items.............................

Edge Favorites [​IMG]

davidhk, Feb 22, 2016
  3. Looey Win User
    I think you should be looking inside of datastore not dbstore. Can you search your userid for Spartan.edb?

Looey, Feb 22, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Edge Favorites

Could be favorites left over from the old location, and none in the new yet.

As a test, add a new favorite, then check to see if you have the spartan.edb file afterwards.

Brink, Feb 22, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Yes. It is under DataStore. But I am not able to open Spartan.elb. It asks me the usual .......How do you want to open this file?

Edge Favorites [​IMG]

Edge Favorites [​IMG]

davidhk, Feb 22, 2016
  6. Looey Win User
    Favorites in Edge are no longer stored in HTML format. They are in a database now. I don't like it because I can't edit the spartan.edb file. Since Edge has no favorites backup built in it also takes another step to back up the favorites. I think Edge has a ways to go before it is in real production mode.

Looey, Feb 22, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Yes. Added another favorite and I can find spartan.edb but I also cannot open it.

Edge Favorites [​IMG]

davidhk, Feb 22, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Edge Favorites

OK. Enough fun for a day.

IE11 is my default anyway.

Thank you both............... Looey and Brink.

davidhk, Feb 22, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's not an editable file. Doing so will break it.

Brink, Feb 22, 2016
  10. snoopy51 Win User
    Just for fun, went into Spartan.edb using ESEdatabaseview.exe:

Edge Favorites [​IMG]

Yes, it is a data base! It is not editable files like IE 11.

snoopy51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge Favorites

1. Edge Favorites - Similar Threads - Edge Favorites

2. Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?: Hello and have a nice day.MS Edge favorites are synchronised across my network. If I give my Laptop to a friend, to be connected to another house and another network would the others be able to see and alter my favorites?Thank you....
  3. Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?: Hello and have a nice day.MS Edge favorites are synchronised across my network. If I give my Laptop to a friend, to be connected to another house and another network would the others be able to see and alter my favorites?Thank you....
  4. Favorites, MS Edge, Windows 10 and networks?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...: I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs or "bookmarks" I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at my work office. Is there a way this can be done easily?...
  6. I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...: I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs or "bookmarks" I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at my work office. Is there a way this can be done easily?...
  7. I need to disable my Edge favorite tabs I use at home from showing up on my Edge browser at...

8. After Microsoft Edge Update, why is the Tab bar and Favorites Bar much bigger?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Microsoft Edge Update, why is the Tab bar and Favorites Bar much bigger?: Last night, i updated Microsoft Edge to the latest version Version 117.0.2045.31, but then upon restarting, the Tab Bar and Favorites Bar became much bigger? Is there a way to adjust it?...
  9. After Microsoft Edge Update, why is the Tab bar and Favorites Bar much bigger?

After Microsoft Edge Update, why is the Tab bar and Favorites Bar much bigger?: Last night, i updated Microsoft Edge to the latest version Version 117.0.2045.31, but then upon restarting, the Tab Bar and Favorites Bar became much bigger? Is there a way to adjust it?...
  10. How can I configure group policy for Microsoft Edge Favorites?

How can I configure group policy for Microsoft Edge Favorites?: I'm relatively new to Group Policy, but I do have a pretty good handle on it. Right now I am troubleshooting the Microsoft Edge Favorites policy against a single test user account I've created in our domain. I believe all of the settings are in place, but when I check Edge...