Windows 10: Edge, Firefox or Chrome...which is best.

Discus and support Edge, Firefox or Chrome...which is best. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm having issues with both Firefox and MS Edge and I'm wondering if Chrome would be a better choice and if so would I be able to import my FF... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Fred22, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Fred22 Win User

Edge, Firefox or Chrome...which is best.

I'm having issues with both Firefox and MS Edge and I'm wondering if Chrome would be a better choice and if so would I be able to import my FF Favorites to Chrome? Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

Fred22, Apr 27, 2017

2. Which browser is best for Lumia 520; Firefox, Chrome, IE, etc.?

IE is best, as it is very lightweight.

marcitiedemann, Apr 27, 2017
  3. garym123 Win User
    Which browser is best for Lumia 520; Firefox, Chrome, IE, etc.?

Mozilla Firefox was developed to the beta stage and pulled in March of this year, low user adoption. No longer in the store.

garym123, Apr 27, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

I have grown to like Edge especially with some of the recent updates. Browser choice continues to be a very personal and emotive subject so I will refrain from saying one is better than another since there are circumstances when some websites will not work well in Edge but work in IE etc.

What you are doing is great - try them out and ask for help if one does not appear to do what you want - someone will step in and show you a way if it is possible.

philc43, Apr 27, 2017
  5. I was a diei hard Firefox user but what they are going to do starting with Fx57 is nuts. I now use CyberFox 52.1 it has not crashed yet.

Josey Wales, Apr 27, 2017
  6. clam1952 Win User
    Question is what happens to all these Firefox clones that are based off Mozilla Firefox code after v57?

clam1952, Apr 27, 2017
  7. JohnBurns Win User
    I use Firefox only because it has the best dark extension and is so much easier on my eyes. All are ok with me tho.

JohnBurns, Apr 27, 2017
  8. Fred22 Win User

I like Edge as well. If you're a fan of Edge, perhaps you can you tell me how to save websites to my folders. It should be very easy; go to website, save and in the dropdown menu which lists all your folders, just save it there. However this doesn't work for me...don't know why.

Fred22, Apr 27, 2017
  9. Fred22 Win User
    Is that a Mozilla browser, and if so, can I download it at Mozilla.com?

Fred22, Apr 27, 2017
  10. Mystere Win User
    Why do you save websites? I've seen this function in other browsers, and really have only used it a handful of times over more than 20 years of browsing. Nowadays, depending on what you're trying to do, there may be a better choice.

One thing you can do is go to the menu, and choose "Open in Internet Explorer", which will open the same page in IE, then you can save from the file menu there. I know it's an extra step, and depending on things like authentication may make it even harder... but it's an option.

Two options that may work for you are the Pocket Extension, and the OneNote Web Clipper extension. The first saves a page to Pocket (not just the link), and the other does the same to OneNote Online.

Mystere, Apr 27, 2017
  11. meebers Win User
    8pecxstudios Cyberfox

meebers, Apr 28, 2017
  12. Chrome

Available on all my platforms and because I sign in items I bookmark on one device are available on all. Works on iOS, Windows and Mac, (and Android and Ubuntu)

Bookmarking and filing by folders is dead easy and a management tool to re-org. Something you seem to use extensively. Another benefit of signing in, they are kept and backed up in cloud. On a new machine, sign in and they are there.

Zoom can be set by web-page, lots of extension, apps. Content setting can be fined tune, I don't let scripts run without my okay, browsing history can be deleted in increments, like in the last hour, past day, beginning of time.

You can set up to start on Home pages or even have it open the pages you had open when last used.

Ken

Edit: and a very simple "Reset".

Caledon Ken, Apr 28, 2017
  13. recruit2 Win User

Edge still unfortunately blows even to this day, but it's getting better...

I still use it a bit as I love the concept and where it's heading, but it frustrates me to tears still and needs more polishing before its "really good".

In the mean time, it's still Chrome for me for most things if I don't want any stress and hassle.

recruit2, Apr 28, 2017
  14. Edwin New Member
    Edge is not a good browser.
    It's fine App in the making, but, it's no where near the potential of a integrated client browser, in the traditional sense.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge, Firefox or Chrome...which is best. - Similar Threads - Edge Firefox Chrome

2. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  3. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  4. FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser: [ATTACH]If FTP is not working in your Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser on Windows PC, and you are looking for resolution, then you have come to the right place. We decided to write this post since we received emails asking us why FTP was not working in their browser. You...
  5. Images not loading in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Images not loading in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge [Fixed]: [ATTACH]If images are not loading in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge browser on your computer, here is how you can get rid of the problem. Several reasons can cause this issue, and this article explains almost all the possible solutions so that you can get...
  6. Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox: On my pc browsers keep on freezing again and again , I have cleared all the cache and removed all the data from browsers by resetting them . when browsers freeze other applications on pc work fine...
  7. Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge: I am running Update 20H2 19042.867. After the update I think the sound stop working. I don't know why it works in Firefox. I even went to sound settings and those other 3 browers don't even pop up. Tried restarting computer. Anyone have any suggestions? submitted by...
  8. Which is better Chrome or Firefox.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which is better Chrome or Firefox.: I have been a chrome user for all my life and thinging of switching browsers in windows 10. submitted by /u/a4kube [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j6q1ck/which_is_better_chrome_or_firefox/
  9. Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox: I sometimes get this sort of error in firefox and chrome Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at www.goodsync.com. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments ... blah blah blah blah blah But when I open the...
  10. Best alternate browser in 10, Firefox or Chrome?

in Browsers and Email
    Best alternate browser in 10, Firefox or Chrome?: Finally managed to get 10 up and running today! Yipee! The first thing I did was try Edge and I'm not impressed. So I've switched back to Chrome and it seems to be ok. I went with Chrome mainly for Chrometana. How is Firefox working for people in 10, and is there anything...