Windows 10: Edge goin' rogue

Discus and support Edge goin' rogue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've noticed that when I wake up my PC from sleep mode and the modem is not turned on, Edge opens up by itself and tries to connect to a web page,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mayagrafix, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Edge goin' rogue

I've noticed that when I wake up my PC from sleep mode and the modem is not turned on, Edge opens up by itself and tries to connect to a web page, which it cannot reach because the modem is turned off and then redirects to my modem home page.

When I set the PC to sleep no programs are active. Especially not the browser Edge. So it turns on by itself when I activate the PC.

Why is it doing this?

:)

Mayagrafix, Mar 29, 2016

2. browser hijack - Yahoo Search - Web Search

Cure? The basic "hijack" is simply that a rogue web page takes over Edge, prevents you from closing Edge and forces you to crash it. Upon restarting Edge, that rogue web page keeps showing up.

Your issue appears to be quite a bit different.

You may wish to consider (read about each option before proceeding to understand what is kept and what is lost with each option):

Restore, reset, refresh Windows:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc or

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/windows-10-reset-your-pc-feature/

Stephen Boots, Mar 29, 2016
  3. Rogue Security

You're welcome.

Jsssssssss, Mar 29, 2016
Thema:

Edge goin' rogue

1. Edge goin' rogue - Similar Threads - Edge goin' rogue

2. rogue login ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rogue login ?: HelloHope you are good + thank you for all you do ...When I login into this forum I am told there is another account in my email name set up my school / IT department ...I am retired so this account should not exist on my machine - HELP !Hope we have a good weekIn love +...
  3. rogue login ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rogue login ?: HelloHope you are good + thank you for all you do ...When I login into this forum I am told there is another account in my email name set up my school / IT department ...I am retired so this account should not exist on my machine - HELP !Hope we have a good weekIn love +...
  4. rogue login ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Rogue Hotspot DIRECT-GOCOMPUTERNAMEmspo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rogue Hotspot DIRECT-GOCOMPUTERNAMEmspo: A couple of days ago, after another couple of Windows updates !, a rogue hot spot appeared that was being generated by my HP Pavilion laptop. The SSID is DIRECT-GOCOMPUTERNAMEmspo where COMPUTERNAME is the name I've applied to my computer. If I click on it from my phone, it...
  6. Rogue Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Rogue Files: When I expand the C volume in File Explorer, I see a few rogue files that seem to occupy no space. Can I safely delete thess files? Windows 10 Home / 64 Bit / Version 2004 / Build 19041.388 [img] 165656
  7. Rogue data usage

Rogue data usage: My data usage overview shows that "system" uses a huge amount of data. There are no updates running, all set in metered connection, there is no change in storage space????? What under system is consuming all this data, where is this data going, how is it even running in the...
  8. A rogue app

A rogue app: I tried to uninstall an app, but it blocks me saying the app is running and I need too close it first. The app is not visibly running anywhere. How do I find this app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-rogue-app/f980c7f0-ba67-4ca2-a1cf-03734dbb5142
  9. Rogue Device

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Rogue Device: Hi all, Looking for advice on a device that has been cleared, sold, and removed from my Microsoft family account (and my daughters Microsoft account) [confirmed this by signing into my account and my daughters to remove it from both]. However, when I sign into my account,...
  10. "Rogue" background processes

in Windows 10 Support
    "Rogue" background processes: Launch an app, like Calculator, and it appears under the APPS section in Task Manager, but not as a background process. Close it and it vanishes. Yet, randomly, often after SLEEP, an app (likely from Windows store) shows up as a background process. Why? Is there a way to...