Windows 10: Edge hanging up

Discus and support Edge hanging up in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I use my computer after it has sat for a couple of hours, anything I open on Edge freezes requiring Edge to be closed. When I try to reopen it, I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DaveP, Jun 11, 2016.

1. DaveP Win User

Edge hanging up

When I use my computer after it has sat for a couple of hours, anything I open on Edge freezes requiring Edge to be closed. When I try to reopen it, I get the blue screen with the Edge logo, but it doesn't proceed beyond there. In order to fix it, the computer must be restarted. Edge works fine after a restart but freezes again if not used for awhile. Any Ideas? Thanks.

:)

DaveP, Jun 11, 2016

2. microsoft edge,msn.com hanging up or crashing when viewing

When viewing Microsoft edge or msn.com it's hanging up or crashing is anybody else experiencing this?

JohnLamb-1949, Jun 11, 2016
  3. Microsoft Edge won't close or allow me to search the web

I have the same problem. If I force Edge down through task manager, it works properly again for a while. Then it just hangs up again on a blank Edge page. Surely Microsoft has a fix for this.

J Mark Morford, Jun 11, 2016
  4. Edge hanging up

Have you made sure that your BIOS is up to date.
    Also have you tried running a troubleshooter to see if that cures it.
    The last option you might try is an in-place update of which you will see the link in my signature

hTconeM9user, Jun 11, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    If nothing can help solving the issue, consider using this tutorial. It definitely will not hurt trying.
    But use it only when you have exhausted all resources.

How to Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge hanging up

1. Edge hanging up - Similar Threads - Edge hanging

2. Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge: I am trying to create a new account in MS EDGE and it prompts me: "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to <MyEmailAddress> to verify your identity".I click on the "Send code" button.I enter the code and click on the "Sign in" button.After this the same...
  3. Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge: I am trying to create a new account in MS EDGE and it prompts me: "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to <MyEmailAddress> to verify your identity".I click on the "Send code" button.I enter the code and click on the "Sign in" button.After this the same...
  4. Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox: On my pc browsers keep on freezing again and again , I have cleared all the cache and removed all the data from browsers by resetting them . when browsers freeze other applications on pc work fine...
  6. Got auto updated to Edge Chrome, now this thing hangs and won't launch at least every other...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Got auto updated to Edge Chrome, now this thing hangs and won't launch at least every other...: I can see the process in task manager but it wont let me kill it. End up with an edge icon that does nothing when you click it. Thanks Microsoft for stealth updating me to something LESS reliable. submitted by /u/inteller [link] [comments]...
  7. Edge hangs on opening (multiple computers)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Edge hangs on opening (multiple computers): We've installed a bunch of computers this week with 1903 downloaded from MS. Everything has gone fine, but today we noticed that Edge won't open on any of them. It just hangs once it opens with a white page. I've tried: Updating Windows Repairing Edge Resetting Edge...
  8. Cortana and Edge hanging for a long time

in Cortana
    Cortana and Edge hanging for a long time: I accidently cut the power to my desktop, and it said that the Bios was corrupted, but recovered using the secondary Bios. At first I couldnt even get into Windows, so I wiped my C drive and reinstalled windows. Once I got into Windows, everything wokred great, except Cortana...
  9. Windows 10 hangs when using Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 hangs when using Microsoft Edge: Hi, Has anyone experienced a hang in Windows 10 when using Microsoft Edge? It has happened to me two or three times, so I've had to stop using Edge. It happens when I'm actively using Microsoft Edge for some time and then suddenly the all the system hangs. All...
  10. Adding a user causes EDGE to hang

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding a user causes EDGE to hang: After a fresh installation of Windows 10 Home 32-bit I added a second user using adding another person, not a family member. That went OK and I went back to some web browsing with EDGE. Within a few minutes EDGE hung and I lost the keyboard and mouse. I had to use the reset...