Windows 10: Edge has some problems with imported favorites web sites

Discus and support Edge has some problems with imported favorites web sites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; 1st. I noticed that Edge does not show Website`s icons when they`ve got imported from other browsers. and there is a star icon for every imported web... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by injaneb, Aug 5, 2016.

1. injaneb Win User

Edge has some problems with imported favorites web sites

1st. I noticed that Edge does not show Website`s icons when they`ve got imported from other browsers. and there is a star icon for every imported web site instead of their icons.
    2nd. some components on some web sites are not displayed for example, "windows 10 forum" post new thread button is not shown so I have to add the web site to favorites again and then I`ll have the icons and every missing component.

:)

injaneb, Aug 5, 2016

2. Where are the missing folders in Microsoft Edge favorites (Windows 10)?

Me also, I have noted that an "Edge" Favorite Folder has disappeared also so have some individual web sites.

Can we please have a honest reply as to the problem & when a fix will be issued?

Thanks

JohnClarkZV, Aug 5, 2016
  3. favorites in Windows 10

This happened in Windows 10. I am using Microsoft Edge. I imported my favorites into Edge when I installed 10 several months ago. Since then I added folders to my favorites and added web sites to those folders.

When I look at C drive >Users> User> Favorites, that folder is empty although I still have the favorites on my favorites bar that I original imported.

MarkRosendale, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

Edge has some problems with imported favorites web sites

1. Edge has some problems with imported favorites web sites - Similar Threads - Edge has problems

2. Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML: I go to settings and more go down and select settings but do not get the GENERAL selections that is shown in step three. Where am I going wrong? I am running Version 20H2 build 19042.685 latest update of Edge shipinomore 170150
  3. Problem with Importing Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Importing Favorites: Against my whishes a new version of Chrome Edge was installed on my laptop #1. I just tried to import Favorites from laptop #2, using an exported HTML file. I go through the procedure and it reports that the import has completed, BUT, the favorites on laptop #1 have not...
  4. 10158 - Edge Cannot import Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    10158 - Edge Cannot import Favorites: Hi Everyone, Just seeing if anybody else is having issues importing I.E. favorites into Edge. When I attempt to import the favorites, it says "Couldn't Import Favorites" 7540
  5. Unable to import favorites in to Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to import favorites in to Edge?: Hey Guys I have saved my favourites in the default folder, they appear and work in ie, but when I try and import them in to edge the error states: Couldn't import favourites Not very informative? Any help appreciated 12277
  6. Import Favorites some are missing in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Import Favorites some are missing in Edge: Hi, I'm using Edge and having a problem when I import Favorites from IE. The problem I have is one folder in particular, St. Louis Rams that has 22 items in it, (see screen shot below) only one item/bookmark came over when I imported Favorites from IE to Edge. I checked,...
  7. Import/Export Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge Favorites: Microsoft Edge Favorites - Export in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Though Edge may not be the browser of choice, would like to hear reviews/comments of the above method of export/import of favorites from those that have used the method. This method was designed...
  8. Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11: I have posted this question/complaint on another thread, but I have been locked out. So I'll try again. Why can't Microsoft fix the Edge import process to reliably import all favorites from IE 11? I have tried all the workarounds including copying the IE 11 favorites to the...
  9. Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Import favorites in Edge from Chrome: Hi, I am admin om my computer with Windows 10. My wife is second user. We both have accounts on Google and use chrome. I am logged in and open Edge to import favorites from Chrome. I get my wifes chrome favorites from her google account, and not my own??? This happens...
  10. Problem saving web sites to favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem saving web sites to favorites: When I try to save a web site to my favorites listing, I should get a box saying "create in" when I click on the star but all I get is the file or web site name but no option of putting it into an existing folder. I am trying this in Windows 10 using MS Edge. Why don't I have...