Windows 10: Edge is awful

Discus and support Edge is awful in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have already pulled the shortcut to IE11 out of Windows 10 and replaced my Edge shortcut with it. The browser is awful. This morning after an... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by orlandotek, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Edge is awful

I have already pulled the shortcut to IE11 out of Windows 10 and replaced my Edge shortcut with it.

The browser is awful.

This morning after an internet outage last night (it was fully restored an hour later)
    and I cannot perform ANY search in Edge. Can't bring up a simple webpage.
    Not even Google.

IE11 works fine.

And, there are websites I tried to bring up last week..i typed in the URL and pressed [ENTER} and
    said webpage cannot be displayed. It's a good URL. Nothing wrong with it. I have to hit [ENTER]
    3 or 4 times before it will bring up the webpage. Same URL. What is it's malfunction?

I have removed it from my start screen all together. IE11 works fine. Edge is horrible.

:)

orlandotek, Aug 13, 2015

2. LiveMail after boot-up -- Awful awful Edge software

Why is LiveMail opening up after boot-up without my selecting it? This has started in the last few days and I was not asked by any software whether I wanted this - I do not want it - or not.

Why suddenly has this changed and for the worst?

Microsoft Edge has made even asking this question many many times worse - why force users to use it?

Moved from:
    Windows
    /
    Windows 10
    /
    Desktop, Start, & personalization
    /
    Start Menu

Mary_H_009, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Printing bugs galore this morning 10/16/15

Sudharshan - it is your awful Edge browser that is breaking the print function. Please raise this as a trouble ticket for the Edge dev team.

SomeEnglishGuy, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Edge is awful

1. Edge is awful - Similar Threads - Edge awful

2. how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...: I am looking for a way to run a custom script which is located on my local drive when I receive a specific notification based on notification title? or from an edge notification from a specific url?I am using omnichannel on the CRM dynamics platform to receive phone calls in...
  3. how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...: I am looking for a way to run a custom script which is located on my local drive when I receive a specific notification based on notification title? or from an edge notification from a specific url?I am using omnichannel on the CRM dynamics platform to receive phone calls in...
  4. how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in: Exactly as it says on the tin! When clicking on any link in Outlook, Edge tries to sign in but advises "The user is not granted permission to sign in" > However when the GPO Setting/Registry setting to sign browser in is enabled, it makes no difference. Edge is the latest...
  6. when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in: Exactly as it says on the tin! When clicking on any link in Outlook, Edge tries to sign in but advises "The user is not granted permission to sign in" > However when the GPO Setting/Registry setting to sign browser in is enabled, it makes no difference. Edge is the latest...
  7. when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in

8. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?: I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  9. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?: I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  10. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?