Windows 10: Edge is awful

Discus and support Edge is awful in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have already pulled the shortcut to IE11 out of Windows 10 and replaced my Edge shortcut with it. The browser is awful. This morning after an... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by orlandotek, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Edge is awful

I have already pulled the shortcut to IE11 out of Windows 10 and replaced my Edge shortcut with it.

The browser is awful.

This morning after an internet outage last night (it was fully restored an hour later)
    and I cannot perform ANY search in Edge. Can't bring up a simple webpage.
    Not even Google.

IE11 works fine.

And, there are websites I tried to bring up last week..i typed in the URL and pressed [ENTER} and
    said webpage cannot be displayed. It's a good URL. Nothing wrong with it. I have to hit [ENTER]
    3 or 4 times before it will bring up the webpage. Same URL. What is it's malfunction?

I have removed it from my start screen all together. IE11 works fine. Edge is horrible.

:)

orlandotek, Aug 13, 2015

2. LiveMail after boot-up -- Awful awful Edge software

Why is LiveMail opening up after boot-up without my selecting it? This has started in the last few days and I was not asked by any software whether I wanted this - I do not want it - or not.

Why suddenly has this changed and for the worst?

Microsoft Edge has made even asking this question many many times worse - why force users to use it?

Moved from:
    Windows
    /
    Windows 10
    /
    Desktop, Start, & personalization
    /
    Start Menu

Mary_H_009, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Printing bugs galore this morning 10/16/15

Sudharshan - it is your awful Edge browser that is breaking the print function. Please raise this as a trouble ticket for the Edge dev team.

SomeEnglishGuy, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Edge is awful

1. Edge is awful - Similar Threads - Edge awful

2. Sign-in and sync with work or school accounts in Microsoft Edge builds

in Windows 10 News
    Sign-in and sync with work or school accounts in Microsoft Edge builds: A top piece of feedback we’ve heard from Microsoft Edge Insiders is that you want to be able to roam your settings and browsing data across your work or school accounts in Microsoft Edge. Today, we’re excited to announce that Azure Active Directory work and school accounts...
  3. NO BROWSER CONNECT EXCEPT MICROSOFT EDGE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NO BROWSER CONNECT EXCEPT MICROSOFT EDGE: After updating Windows to version 1803, my browser Opera stop to work, then I installed Chrome and Firefox to check, bu the only browser working is Edge. When I open a site in Opera it doesn't work, but after I open the same site in Edge, then it opens in Opera also....
  4. How can I get BETA Edge Browser to RUN a file rather than display it?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I get BETA Edge Browser to RUN a file rather than display it?: I have a fairly unique home page configuration for my browser. My home page was created in Excel and saved as an .HTM file. It is basically a page listing many links that I use frequently. When I click a link, the appropriate web page opens. Some of those links point to a...
  5. Microsoft Announces the Microsoft Edge Insider Bounty

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Announces the Microsoft Edge Insider Bounty: This week, we released the first Beta preview of the next version of Microsoft Edge. Alongside this, Microsoft is excited to announce the launch of the Microsoft Edge Insider Bounty Program. We welcome researchers to seek out and disclose any high impact vulnerabilities they...
  6. Microsoft reveals upcoming features for Windows 10 Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals upcoming features for Windows 10 Edge: Microsoft has shared the roadmap of the upcoming features and improvements for the Chromium-based Edge browser. The Edge team also revealed that feedback from testers has helped Microsoft to introduce features such as dark theme, built-in Bing Translate, privacy controls,...
  7. Microsoft Edge is getting Collections feature on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge is getting Collections feature on Windows 10: Microsoft Edge (Canary) is getting the highly-anticipated ‘Collections’ feature, which is a new way to organize and share the information such as shopping wishlist that we come across every day while browsing the internet. Collections can be opened by clicking an icon in the...
  8. No solution yet. Edge insists on opening last pages that were open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No solution yet. Edge insists on opening last pages that were open.: Every time I switch on my computer in the morning and open up Microsoft Edge, it opens all the tabs that were open when I closed it and shut down the day before. Why does it do this? I don't have any settings configured to tell it to do this. It's very irritating. I have...
  9. Collections is now available to test in Microsoft Edge Canary channel

in Windows 10 News
    Collections is now available to test in Microsoft Edge Canary channel: Today, we’re releasing an experimental preview of Collections for Microsoft Edge. We initially demoed this feature during the Microsoft Build 2019 conference keynote. Microsoft Edge Insiders can now try out an early version of Collections by enabling the experimental flag on...
  10. Introducing Microsoft Edge Beta: Be one of the first to try it now

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft Edge Beta: Be one of the first to try it now: [ATTACH] Today I’m thrilled to announce that a Beta release for the next version of Microsoft Edge is now available for all supported versions of Windows and macOS. Our goal with Microsoft Edge is to create better web compatibility with better performance for our customers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. !$# #)%*&)www>bing>comhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy

2. Go to www.bing.comHelloWORLDgo to www.bing.comhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy.

3. 143 305*70https://support.skype.com/en/skype/all/search?q=25%25%2C 30%25

4. Helloogo to www.bing.comhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy,
  5. Seattlewww.bing.comhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hub/4294457/microsoft-account-help,
  6. Seattlewww.bing.comhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy