Windows 10: Edge is slow

Discus and support Edge is slow in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My Edge seems slow. Pages only load partially, I can easily read the text and scroll up and have to wait for the rest of the page to load. I can... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by 3DPiper, Jul 3, 2016.

1. 3DPiper Win User

Edge is slow

My Edge seems slow. Pages only load partially, I can easily read the text and scroll up and have to wait for the rest of the page to load.

I can only assume this is all because some script or other is running.

Is there a way to turn this off?

I remember I read a great page that showed you how in IE to turn off every possible thing that would slow it down. I did that it ran great! super fast load times, no tracking, no scripts, no problems.. Is this possible for Edge?

I also really miss being able to hold down the back-button and getting a short history of pages.. Really helpful when a page loads itself multiple times (so they can get their click-throughs)... Possible in Edge?

:)

3DPiper, Jul 3, 2016
  2. Chris7496 Win User

Fresh installation, Edge is slow, outlook is slow, laptop won't log into router

Hi Acelyn,

As mysteriously as the problem arose, it has gone again.

I didn't do anything and can think of no logical rational explanation except Windows was doing something which was choking my bandwidth.

To answer your third question, by the way, is irrelevant, because as I mentioned I have two machines on same connection and only the laptop was reporting the slow speeds. Unless of course the other machine was hogging all the bandwidth. I hadn't thought
    of that. But unlikely because it was dormant.

Edge is slow [​IMG]

So the issue is fixed. But I have no idea what first caused it or why. A fresh installation of windows didn't fix it. It mysteriously fixed itself!

Chris7496, Jul 3, 2016
  3. Fresh installation, Edge is slow, outlook is slow, laptop won't log into router

Thank you for that information Chris.

We would like to confirm some information to isolate this issue. Please provide the following information:

• Are you encountering this issue when using a wireless connection?
    • Have you tried using a wired connection?
    • Were you able to contact your Internet Provider for them to check this on their end?

We will be waiting for your response.

Acelyn Alc, Jul 3, 2016
Thema:

Edge is slow

1. Edge is slow - Similar Threads - Edge slow

2. After last Edge WebView Kit / Edge / Office 365 this morning our Explorer became super slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After last Edge WebView Kit / Edge / Office 365 this morning our Explorer became super slow: After some updates on 06/02/2024 our Windows 10 Explorer became super slow on local and network drives. Every click takes a while, especially navigating through folders.The updates were:Office 365 de/enEdgeEdgeWebViewWe uninstalled Edge and Office 365, but could not get rid...
  3. After last Edge WebView Kit / Edge / Office 365 this morning our Explorer became super slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After last Edge WebView Kit / Edge / Office 365 this morning our Explorer became super slow: After some updates on 06/02/2024 our Windows 10 Explorer became super slow on local and network drives. Every click takes a while, especially navigating through folders.The updates were:Office 365 de/enEdgeEdgeWebViewWe uninstalled Edge and Office 365, but could not get rid...
  4. After last Edge WebView Kit / Edge / Office 365 this morning our Explorer became super slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. edge load utube very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge load utube very slow: Utube has been very slow to load and view video in last couple of days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-load-utube-very-slow/0a716e40-8289-4f5d-aaf7-db0d0e330612
  6. edge load utube very slow

edge load utube very slow: Utube has been very slow to load and view video in last couple of days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-load-utube-very-slow/0a716e40-8289-4f5d-aaf7-db0d0e330612
  7. Discord, Epic Games, Roblox, Chrome, and Edge are Slow or Not Loading at All

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord, Epic Games, Roblox, Chrome, and Edge are Slow or Not Loading at All: I have an MSI GE76 Raider Laptop and the new Windows 11 version 22H2 broke a bunch of things. It first got stuck on the install screen, then an hour later let me into my computer, but since then discord won't load, install, or update, epic games won't load, and google chrome...
  8. Discord, Epic Games, Roblox, Chrome, and Edge are Slow or Not Loading at All

Discord, Epic Games, Roblox, Chrome, and Edge are Slow or Not Loading at All: I have an MSI GE76 Raider Laptop and the new Windows 11 version 22H2 broke a bunch of things. It first got stuck on the install screen, then an hour later let me into my computer, but since then discord won't load, install, or update, epic games won't load, and google chrome...
  9. Mobile hotspot connected with laptop gives slow speed on chrome and fast speed on edge browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile hotspot connected with laptop gives slow speed on chrome and fast speed on edge browser: Hello everyone! I am using window 10 Pro on Lenovo ThinkPad x270 core i7 6th Generation. I am using 4G LTE Internet on mobile with 30 mb per second speed. when I connect my mobile hotspot with my laptop, The Internet speed becomes very slow on chrome browser and It is very...
  10. Mobile hotspot connected with laptop gives slow speed on chrome and fast speed on edge browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot connected with laptop gives slow speed on chrome and fast speed on edge browser: Hello everyone! I am using window 10 Pro on Lenovo ThinkPad x270 core i7 6th Generation. I am using 4G LTE Internet on mobile with 30 mb per second speed. when I connect my mobile hotspot with my laptop, The Internet speed becomes very slow on chrome browser and It is very...