Windows 10: Edge - Location of Favourites shortcuts

Discus and support Edge - Location of Favourites shortcuts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I think I may have to re-install Windows 10, but do not want to lose all the shortcuts to my Favourites, along with the directory structure. Where are... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pmfturner, Feb 8, 2016.

1. pmfturner Win User

Edge - Location of Favourites shortcuts

I think I may have to re-install Windows 10, but do not want to lose all the shortcuts to my Favourites, along with the directory structure. Where are these files located, in order that I may back-up ?

:)

pmfturner, Feb 8, 2016
  2. graye Win User

Lost all my favourites from Microsoft Edge explorer while importing favourites from Chrome explorer.

Is it possible that the new favorites got placed in a separate folder inside Edge... and the old favorites are still there, but just in a different folder?

graye, Feb 8, 2016
  3. Lost all my favourites from Microsoft Edge explorer while importing favourites from Chrome explorer.

Hello, I tried to import favourites from chrome explorer to Microsoft Edge explorer and in the process all the favourites from the chrome were transferred to Microsoft Edge explorer but I lost all the favourites which were already on the Microsoft Edge Explorer.
    How to get back all my Microsoft edge favourites back?

I have already tried locating the favourites in the folder located at this location (C:\Users\personalname\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites) but could only find the new imported favourites
    from chrome only. And no sign of the favourites which were on Microsoft edge explorer.

If any one can please help me out here. I will really appreciate the help.

Thanks!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Hassanowen, Feb 8, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

Hi,
    Go to C:/Users /User name/Favourites.
    HTH.

brummyfan, Feb 8, 2016
  5. Ivan4you Win User
    @brummyfan.There will you find your internet explorer favorites.Not those for the edge browser.
    I also don,t know where the favorites of edge are.

Ivan4you, Feb 8, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Feb 8, 2016
  7. brummyfan Win User
    Yes, my bad *Redface it's here:C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge \User\Default

brummyfan, Feb 8, 2016
  8. pmfturner Win User

There is no folder called AppData under my username - C:\Users\username\AppData.

There is one at C:\Default.mitigated\AppData with a 'Local' sub-folder, but no 'Packages' sub-folder beneath that one.

pmfturner, Feb 8, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
  10. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Feb 9, 2016
  11. dencal Win User
    If you have an M$ account and are synchronised to the cloud they will be restored the first time you sign in after having reinstalled W10, as will all your settings and files, but not your apps.....the advantages of an M$ account.

dencal, Feb 9, 2016
  12. egray Win User
    If I'm not mistaken, after the "November Update", the automatic syncing of Favorites is broken. OK, I must have been remembering it wrong

egray, Feb 11, 2016
  13. lx07 Win User

Works for me.

Thema:

1. Edge - Location of Favourites shortcuts - Similar Threads - Edge Location Favourites

2. Edge Favourites Column Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Favourites Column Size: Why is Microsoft not listening to everyone who has complained about the set width of the Favourites column in Edge. Many people have asked the same question. How can we alter its size? Edge is of no use to me and I shall uninstall it soon if I can't alter it....
  3. Internet Explorer, Edge and Favourites.

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer, Edge and Favourites.: I use IE and Edge mainly because some sites do not seem to work well in IE now. I like IE and have a hundred or more favourites saved in folders. I recently imported these to Edge but I have a small problem. If I save a new favourite to IE I then have to repeat the process in...
  4. Lost Favourites in Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Favourites in Edge: Hello, I've just lost all my Favourites in Edge for seemingly no reason at all. The only thing I did was renew a subscription to CCleaner, without doing any kind of cleaning. Just paid the money. I've been through a number of processes suggested on the net with no effect...
  5. Favourites bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favourites bar in Edge: I would like my favourites bar in Edge to contain all the same favourites I have in Internet Exploer but after using settings/import favourites they dont appear. Is there a fold I can copy and paste them into or is there anotherway? 121748
  6. Syncing Edge Favourites

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Edge Favourites: I have used Firefox for years and it's hard to find much fault with it. But since converting to W10 I've mainly been using Edge as I wanted to understand it better. I've only run into one site where it just won't work but otherwise it's been fast and stable and I quite liked...
  7. Edge -Favourites -- no way to organise

in Browsers and Email
    Edge -Favourites -- no way to organise: Hi there When will Ms start realising that not everybody wants a browser that looks like it was designed for a mobile phone or a tablet. There's no way to organise the favourites unlike IE --even a simple sort is missing. You can create a new folder but why are we...
  8. Problems with imported Favourites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with imported Favourites in Edge: Hello. I have two problems with the Edge browser: First, I have imported my favourites from Google Chrome but not all of them have transferred. I have looked in the folder %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorite...
  9. Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...

in Browsers and Email
    Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...: Since the last update, all the favicons in my favourites bar have changed to a 5-point star. If I hide, then show the favourites bar again via settings, the correct site favicons re-appear, but then revert to stars the next time I open Edge. Any ideas, please? 30390
  10. Edge Favourites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favourites Bar: Has anyone managed to drag and drop the Favourites into the Favourites Bar? It will only work if you import Favourites from IE it seems. *Sad 15573