Windows 10: Edge low on memory?

Discus and support Edge low on memory? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Recently, I have had a box pop up when using Edge saying "Close programs to prevent information loss" and "Your computer is low on memory. Save your... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tinmar49, Mar 13, 2016.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Edge low on memory?

Recently, I have had a box pop up when using Edge saying "Close programs to prevent information loss" and "Your computer is low on memory. Save your files and close these programs". I have been using Edge or what ever it was called since Microsoft first introduced W10 as a test program and this has never happened before. I am using build 14279 and I think it happened on the previous build also.

:)

tinmar49, Mar 13, 2016

2. 3G on 6280

speed is low, because I can use only edge and gprs.

edman---01, Mar 13, 2016
  3. windows 10 low memory problem continues

seems the low memory problem occurs when using Edge or using Internet Explorer 11. i am not finding a low memory problem when using other browser such as Chrome or Opera.

jayheldman, Mar 13, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Edge low on memory?

That typically means that your virtual memory is running low, and you may not have enough memory allocated to your swap file.

Mystere, Mar 13, 2016
  5. tinmar49 Win User
    Funny that this has not popped up before, I have not made any adjustments to virtual memory, I hadn't thought there was a need with 8gb of ram.

tinmar49, Mar 13, 2016
  6. Mystere Win User
    That depends on many factors. Such as what other apps you're using. Some apps have memory leaks, and I've seen this pretty common with Steam and other game engines. (or rather, they expose leaks in drivers used for gaming). Regardless, there are many factors that go into this.

Mystere, Mar 13, 2016
  7. tinmar49 Win User
    This is happening only when browsing the internet, not using much at all. My total internet use is about 10gb per month.

tinmar49, Mar 14, 2016
  8. snoopy51 Win User

Edge low on memory?

Can you make a screen capture next time? I have seen this in early Windows but not in Windows 10!

snoopy51, Mar 14, 2016
  9. tinmar49 Win User
    I switched to W10 upgrade on the same hardware and the fault has not reoccurred, on the TP 14279, Adobe flash was also giving problems in Edge.

tinmar49, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge low on memory?

1. Edge low on memory? - Similar Threads - Edge low memory

2. Low memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low memory: I bought the laptop with 8GB RAM out of which 2GB was already dedicated to the iGPU, so obviously, I would expect the performance of what a 6GB RAM laptop would provide me, but:My laptop barely has any bloatware or a bunch of startup apps, Firefox which I am using right now...
  3. Low memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low memory: I bought the laptop with 8GB RAM out of which 2GB was already dedicated to the iGPU, so obviously, I would expect the performance of what a 6GB RAM laptop would provide me, but:My laptop barely has any bloatware or a bunch of startup apps, Firefox which I am using right now...
  4. memory low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    memory low: hi microsoft i need help i have low memory on my laptop and have just taken a screenshot of treesizenow i don't want to remove any unnecessary files or folders? so i need suggestions really in what to remove and what not to remove there is a file called something page.sys now...
  5. memory low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    memory low: hi microsoft i need help i have low memory on my laptop and have just taken a screenshot of treesizenow i don't want to remove any unnecessary files or folders? so i need suggestions really in what to remove and what not to remove there is a file called something page.sys now...
  6. memory low

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Virtual Memory is low.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Memory is low.: Hello, I have recently performed a windows 10 20h2 clean installation through bootable USB drive on my laptop. My laptop specs: Asus tuf fx505dt ryzen 5 3550h 8gb ram 1+268gb of hdd and ssd nvidia gtx 1650 The problem is although my ram is 8gb but my virtual memory is...
  8. low on memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    low on memory: my computer tells me I have low memory but trying free up memory doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-on-memory/0d2b9a02-e861-4815-a0ec-8bc68480ebb8"
  9. Low Memory Notification

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Low Memory Notification: I already looked at another low memory notification thread and it didn't really help. I have a gaming computer and I can't even play games on it now. I updated to the most recent build of Windows 10, and started getting this issue. You can see my specs on my profile. [img]...
  10. Windows is low on memory

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows is low on memory: There's something weird going on with my memory. I haven't updated my computer or anything recently, but yesterday everything was fine, and then this morning when I woke up my computer the start screen displayed yesterday's date and was playing some sort of strange music...