Windows 10: EDGE--"Meet your new browser"

Discus and support EDGE--"Meet your new browser" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The "Meet your new browser" page was understandable on first start of Edge. However, after many dozens of starts, that page still appears first and I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cbwilsha, Jul 1, 2015.

1. cbwilsha Win User

EDGE--"Meet your new browser"

The "Meet your new browser" page was understandable on first start of Edge. However, after many dozens of starts, that page still appears first and I have to cancel it before other pages will appear. Anyone know how to cancel this thing permanently? I've tried everything I could think of including cleaning the Temporary Internet Files cache but it keeps coming back like a bad dream.

:)

cbwilsha, Jul 1, 2015

2. " Can't find maps on your phone " . Please help

@markus8814

Upon N97 Mini map data could be stored upon either mass memory or memory card with choice available within Nokia Maps application > Settings. Don't want you removing map data unnecessarily but you may possibly need to delete both E:\cities and F:\cities
    + .qf file and re-start Nokia Maps application to re-define necessary folder structure; it may help to set Nokia Maps "Online" and download a few kb's of map data via WLAN access point by zooming in to your current location and start again downloading maps
    to chosen destination.

aspergerguy, Jul 1, 2015
  3. " Can't find maps on your phone " . Please help

Almost certainly as not enough free phone memory to store maps.

aspergerguy, Jul 1, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 1, 2015
  5. cbwilsha Win User
    It should, Shawn, but it does not. Upon starting Edge, two tabs are produced. One is "Meet your new browser" and one is my selected start page. "The "Meet your new browser" tab is primary and I have to close it before my selected start page will appear.

cbwilsha, Jul 1, 2015
  6. cbwilsha Win User
    Well Shawn, I'm now updated to build 10162 and still having the same doggone problem with the unwanted window.

cbwilsha, Jul 2, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Does it do the same in another account on the PC?

Brink, Jul 2, 2015
  8. cbwilsha Win User

Yes.

cbwilsha, Jul 2, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I can't reproduce it on my systems. I hate to say it, but you might consider a clean install if it's a glitch from an upgrade. *Sad

Brink, Jul 2, 2015
  10. cbwilsha Win User
    Thanks, but it isn't worth all that trouble. I appreciate your efforts.

cbwilsha, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. EDGE--"Meet your new browser" - Similar Threads - EDGE Meet browser

2. Your browser is managed by your organization says Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Your browser is managed by your organization says Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge may display a Managed by your organization message when you open the 3-dot More menu in the top-right corner. Clicking on this link will take you to the following page in your Edge browser: edge://management This page will display: Microsoft Edge is...
  3. New Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Microsoft Edge browser: Since installing the new Edge browser my text size seems to have gone smaller and is fuzzy and difficult to read. I have the same problem now when I use other browsers as well as the new Edge browser. Needless to say I had no problems before installing the new browser....
  4. New edge browser passwords

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New edge browser passwords: I love the new edge but one thing keeps bothering me. If you go into your saved passwords you can’t see the passwords themselves but you can see the logins no problem. Is it possible to make logins invisible just like the passwords are ? submitted by /u/dmitrymalyanovred...
  5. new edge browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new edge browser: where can i download the new microsoft browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-browser/5a51e5f6-fae5-46ff-bd65-d089589c5778
  6. the new edge browser

the new edge browser: When is the new Edge Browser coming out? I think its called Edge Chromium. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-new-edge-browser/edb59077-f0f0-4273-9882-da776bc9e220
  7. new edge browser

new edge browser: should i update to the new edge browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-browser/6713934b-dc8b-4a84-afe0-2aa9a5183822
  8. What are your thougts on the new Edge browser..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are your thougts on the new Edge browser..: I want to switch to the new Edge browser, because it's stable right now.. but i don't know i'm using 3 extensions on Chrome (HTTPS Everywhere, Decentraleyes and uBlock origin) and the new Edge is (Chromium-based) but if Google is planning to destroy adblockers with there new...
  9. Liking the new edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Liking the new edge browser: I'm really liking the new edge browser! Had no problem installing the new edge browser Set my browser language to UK and spell check to UK and all is working OK I particularly like the option to add extensions from the Chrome web-store On the the image below I have set the...
  10. ms new edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    ms new edge browser: anyone know when ms plans to allow plugins to work with edge ? is kinda a useless browser without them 19320