Windows 10: EDGE--"Meet your new browser"

Discus and support EDGE--"Meet your new browser" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The "Meet your new browser" page was understandable on first start of Edge. However, after many dozens of starts, that page still appears first and I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cbwilsha, Jul 1, 2015.

1. cbwilsha Win User

EDGE--"Meet your new browser"

The "Meet your new browser" page was understandable on first start of Edge. However, after many dozens of starts, that page still appears first and I have to cancel it before other pages will appear. Anyone know how to cancel this thing permanently? I've tried everything I could think of including cleaning the Temporary Internet Files cache but it keeps coming back like a bad dream.

:)

cbwilsha, Jul 1, 2015

2. " Can't find maps on your phone " . Please help

@markus8814

Upon N97 Mini map data could be stored upon either mass memory or memory card with choice available within Nokia Maps application > Settings. Don't want you removing map data unnecessarily but you may possibly need to delete both E:\cities and F:\cities
    + .qf file and re-start Nokia Maps application to re-define necessary folder structure; it may help to set Nokia Maps "Online" and download a few kb's of map data via WLAN access point by zooming in to your current location and start again downloading maps
    to chosen destination.

aspergerguy, Jul 1, 2015
  3. " Can't find maps on your phone " . Please help

Almost certainly as not enough free phone memory to store maps.

aspergerguy, Jul 1, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 1, 2015
  5. cbwilsha Win User
    It should, Shawn, but it does not. Upon starting Edge, two tabs are produced. One is "Meet your new browser" and one is my selected start page. "The "Meet your new browser" tab is primary and I have to close it before my selected start page will appear.

cbwilsha, Jul 1, 2015
  6. cbwilsha Win User
    Well Shawn, I'm now updated to build 10162 and still having the same doggone problem with the unwanted window.

cbwilsha, Jul 2, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Does it do the same in another account on the PC?

Brink, Jul 2, 2015
  8. cbwilsha Win User

Yes.

cbwilsha, Jul 2, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I can't reproduce it on my systems. I hate to say it, but you might consider a clean install if it's a glitch from an upgrade. *Sad

Brink, Jul 2, 2015
  10. cbwilsha Win User
    Thanks, but it isn't worth all that trouble. I appreciate your efforts.

cbwilsha, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. EDGE--"Meet your new browser" - Similar Threads - EDGE Meet browser

2. Edge browser bookmark in new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge browser bookmark in new folder: when i try to create a new folder to save a book mark in the edge browser. It will not allow me to rename the new folder. I first choose mobile book marks and then when i try create a new sub folder it will not allow me to rename by right clicking the new folder How do i...
  3. Edge browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser: Favorites button in edge loads fine sometimes, other times it's gone; other browsers favorites button loads fine everytime? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/edge-browser/ad304963-4494-4c5a-8ded-176d57b50e5b
  4. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: I see that Edge has the ability to store login and passwords you use to log into web sites. My question is how well protected are those login and passwords in Edge? Encrypted? Wondering before I start using this service. I would love to get rid of LastPass Premium and all the...
  5. edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    edge browser: hi all,I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 a while ago.I can get the start menu ok but cant get the edge browser or cortona.When I click on edge it comes on for a few seconds then leaves the screen.Anybody got any ideas why?Your help would be very much appreciated....
  6. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: I have been playing around with the Edge Browser having removed IE 11. I have found that if you bring the web page up you want like Face Book (social) Outlook.com (mail) Youtube (Entertainment) Google (Browser) Right click and add them to the Favourites Bar, They...
  7. ms new edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    ms new edge browser: anyone know when ms plans to allow plugins to work with edge ? is kinda a useless browser without them 19320
  8. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: How do I download & install the Edge Browser? 5765
  9. Microsoft Edge and Continuum: Your desktop browser on a phone

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge and Continuum: Your desktop browser on a phone: Continuum for Phones, available on select Windows 10 Mobile devices, allows customers to connect their phone to a monitor, projector, or TV for a full-sized desktop experience, powered by their phone. Because Microsoft Edge is built on the Universal Windows Platform,...
  10. Meet the new Surface Pro

in Windows 10 News
    Meet the new Surface Pro: Introducing the next generation of Surface Pro. Available for pre-order today, the new Surface Pro delivers the most performance and battery life in a laptop this thin and light.* TwWs2jIy4js The Surface team never stops growing and learning. We listen to our...