Windows 10: Edge no extensions bad

Discus and support Edge no extensions bad in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there any way to enable extensions in Edge? I use a password manager that attaches to browsers (Dashlane). I can't live without it. I have IE11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gword, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Gword Win User

Edge no extensions bad

Is there any way to enable extensions in Edge? I use a password manager that attaches to browsers (Dashlane). I can't live without it.
    I have IE11 and Firefox in my taskbar to use when I need Dashlane's help which is almost always. I want to use Edge but if it's not allowing extensions it's nothing more than a curiosity in my taskbar.
    Does anyone know if Microsoft will be addressing this anytime soon?

:)

Gword, Jul 31, 2015

2. Microsoft Edge

did you try sfc /scannow? if not press windows +x on the left side command pronmpt admin and enter sfc /scannow. this fix error of file.

since it is edge I can tell you that you should take the extension adblock plus from the windows stores a lot of bad web page with ads that have bad script are on the web this seams to be one of the cause of edge unstability and moapp hang. this extension
    block a lot of those. it is not perfect I found 1 web page from the ny.time that still load ads with bad script even with the extension active that cause edge to hang and the page that needs to be recover with the edge devs tool this web page loads 161 bad
    script some with ads name on the side of them.. but on many other web page it solve the issue. web devs or owner of those web site are not aware of the issue or because they make money they do not check this much so the user is experiencing this and needs
    to protect himself and the browser with adsblock extension..

i am steve, Jul 31, 2015
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Since the Windows update 1511, Internet Explorer 11 Is Not Working Properly

That's because Edge doesn't use extensions which is not a bad thing in some ways so Norton can't check web pages. There is nothing basically unsafe about the browser. Doesn't explain why IE doesn't work though.

neilpzz, Jul 31, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

Edge no extensions bad

From what I've read, MS plans to add extensions to Edge later this year.

I wonder whether existing extensions will be compatible.

bobkn, Jul 31, 2015
  5. PRMan Win User
    They are adding support for ALL Chrome and Firefox extensions. That should be interesting to see.

PRMan, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Gword Win User
    Where can I read about this?

Gword, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jul 31, 2015
  8. Gword Win User

Edge no extensions bad

Some themes for Edge would be nice also. Right now all we have is light or dark. Hope Microsoft is reading this.

Gword, Jul 31, 2015
  9. mrpumpkin Win User
    mrpumpkin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Edge no extensions bad

1. Edge no extensions bad - Similar Threads - Edge extensions bad

2. Edge's extensions menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge's extensions menu.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5r058/edges_extensions_menu/
  3. Hiding Edge Extension

Hiding Edge Extension: Is there a way to hide an chrome extension (in Microsoft Edge) and view it? I am able to remove it from the bar, but not seem to find where it went. Any idea how to hide it but still find it? submitted by /u/epickaito27 [link] [comments]...
  4. Edge Extensions

Edge Extensions: Hi, While regularly browsing with the new Edge I end up with around 90 or so process for around 30ish tabs. These 90 processes bring the app to an absolute crawl using roughly 70% cpu usage on a 3930k and around 70% memory usage on 32gb ddr3 ram. I feel like this is most...
  5. Edge extensions

Edge extensions: Is there still no way to stop Edge from turning off extensions automatically? I use an S/MIME extension that it likes to turn off and it's a pain in the ass to have to shut everything down and log back into my work email every time it does it. submitted by /u/dronesitter...
  6. Edge EXTENSIONS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge EXTENSIONS: Is there any way of getting the TIME and DATE on to Edge Extension/Taskbar ? And - when will the new Edge with Chrome extensions be released ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-extensions/10b0f99f-4c15-4e35-97e9-3a6cffd80b09
  7. Edge Extensions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Edge Extensions: I have a Dell Latitude 10 ST2E Table running Windows 10 Ver. 1607, Build 14393.2551. I had the RoboForm Extension Installed. On one of the recent updates, the extension disappeared. If I go back into the Microsoft Store to download it, it says you own this product but the...
  8. Edge and adding an extension. Is this correct ?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and adding an extension. Is this correct ?: I've just tried adding 'Bing Translate' which is an App from the store. The App was located and installed via the new extensions tab under 'settings in Edge. Question... I was expecting the App to show in the browser and to be useable from the browser. I imagined I would...
  9. Edge extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Edge extensions: Does MS Edge support add-ons/extensions? I use Last Pass & xmarks in Firefox, IE and Chrome. Is it possible to use them in Edge? Thanks. 13599
  10. Xmark Extension for Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Xmark Extension for Edge: Now that Edge has extensions, I wanted to give it a new try. I sync my bookmarks with Xmarks (between IE and chrome so far). I installed the xmark Extension, but it looks like it is not an extension to Edge, but a win app (I can see my bookmarks in that app, but not in...