Windows 10: Edge Not Giving Suggested Sites When Using 'Dont Block Cookies'

Discus and support Edge Not Giving Suggested Sites When Using 'Dont Block Cookies' in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I have had a problem for a while. when using edge on the homepage of google if I have Don't Block Cookies enabled in the edge settings, I'm... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by wizza, Nov 4, 2017.

1. wizza Win User

Edge Not Giving Suggested Sites When Using 'Dont Block Cookies'

Hi,

I have had a problem for a while.

when using edge on the homepage of google if I have Don't Block Cookies enabled in the edge settings, I'm typing in google without any suggested words/sites appearing.

if I use 'Block All Cookies' it works!

This ONLY happens on the homepage of google.
    That is to say, if I type in the search box within a google page that is not the homepage it works.

Any ideas please or am I missing the point ?!

:)

wizza, Nov 4, 2017
  2. RSHYAM Win User

Cookies on edge browser.

I am also facing the same problem...whenver I use Edge browser, I get a message below, even though in settings i hv enabled DONT BLOCK COOKIES. Request help to resolve this issue.

Edge Not Giving Suggested Sites When Using 'Dont Block Cookies' [​IMG]
    Account

Cookies must be allowed
    Your browser is currently set to block cookies. Your browser must allow cookies before you can use a Microsoft account.

Cookies are small text files stored on your computer that tell Microsoft sites and services when you're signed in. To learn how to allow cookies, see online help in your web browser.

RSHYAM, Nov 4, 2017
  3. Edge tracking cookies

I have had the same problem. All these tracking cookies slow down my machine. Edge has gotten to be the best except for this problem.

I suggest going to Chrome, blocking third party cookies (that's what tracking cookies are) and using SuperAntiApyware (it is the best out there) to scan and remove. Chrome also has a way to add sites to the blocking list if any get through. I do this and
    my machine is faster and tracking free!!

When Microsoft gets this capability, I will be back, not before.

Pay attention Microsoft!!

FrankieRaney, Nov 4, 2017
  4. Gordon7 Win User

I have these settings and Google gives suggested sites after the first 3-4 letters:

Gordon7, Nov 5, 2017
  5. wizza Win User
    It does work with those settings.
    Try it with accepting cookies.

wizza, Nov 5, 2017
  6. Mooly Win User
    I have Edge at the default 'don't block cookies' and it gives search results for me.

Mooly, Nov 5, 2017
  7. wizza Win User
    yeah, I don't get that. (like the example above)

wizza, Nov 5, 2017
  8. Mooly Win User

Above the cookies option there is a box marked 'show selections as I type'. Is that enabled ?

Mooly, Nov 5, 2017
  9. Mooly Win User
    I've no other ideas on what you might try I'm afraid.

Mooly, Nov 5, 2017
  10. wizza Win User
    ok thanks.
    its not the end of the world or anything but if I can save a bit of typing and/or get ideas then all the better.

I suspect eventually it will correct itself via an update that will overwrite the error.

cheers

wizza, Nov 5, 2017
  11. MrHudson Win User
    Problem I have with Edge browser is I can not delete history. I can turn it off and on but can not delete.

MrHudson, Nov 5, 2017
  12. Mooly Win User
    It is under 'settings' and 'clear browsing data'. Make sure browsing history is ticked under 'choose what to clear' and finally select 'clear'. All ticked options will be deleted.

Mooly, Nov 6, 2017
  13. MrHudson Win User

Done that and nothing cleared.

MrHudson, Nov 6, 2017
  14. wizza Win User
    All fixed..

I just cleared the cookies and cached data and its back to normal *Biggrin

I have tried this before on numerous occasions but it worked this time.

I guess it was some kind of glitch.

cheers chaps

wizza, Nov 6, 2017
  15. Mooly Win User
    Excellent *Smile
    Can't think of anything logical for you to try I'm afraid. Perhaps best for you to start a new thread for this one and see what other ideas folks have.

Mooly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge Not Giving Suggested Sites When Using 'Dont Block Cookies' - Similar Threads - Edge Giving Suggested

2. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked sites: Why have you blocked access to certain sites that I had access to in the recent past. I am a concenting adult of 65 years of age? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-sites/abd01c8a-e78b-4f0f-aa62-f4b49c9de4f2
  3. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked sites: Why have you blocked access to certain sites that I had access to in the recent past. I am a concenting adult of 65 years of age? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-sites/abd01c8a-e78b-4f0f-aa62-f4b49c9de4f2
  4. Edge (chrome) Cookies and site data

in Browsers and Email
    Edge (chrome) Cookies and site data: In Google Chrome settings, Cookies and site data allows you to Clear cookies and site data when you quit Chrome. Below that, in the settings it has a section called Allow, where you can choose cookies you want to keep on close. This lets me delete all of the cookies on close...
  5. Cookie Management in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cookie Management in Edge: In IE 11 we had the "cookie management" option. I can't find that in Edge. Accept or allow first, second, and third party cookies, etc. I also liked the option to periodically delete all cookies EXCEPT those from web sites in the Favorites folder. Any chance of finding that...
  6. MS Edge Third Party cookies blocked but does not pass the Cookie test

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Third Party cookies blocked but does not pass the Cookie test: I have set MS Edge (non-Chromium version) to block only Third-party cookies and I went to GRC Cookie Forensics, the Third Party cookie test had failed. GRC | Cookie Forensics Display See attached image. Why is it failing or not passing the test? My wild guess may be, is...
  7. Site is blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Site is blocked: I accidentally caused the facebook.com site to be block on my laptop. After my mistake, attempting to access facebook.com results in this notification. ===== Block Site www.facebook.com is blocked! In order to remove this domain from the block list, please visit options...
  8. Blocked Sites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocked Sites: Hard to believe that #Microsoft is running a scam but if your computer downloads a specific “infected” site a warning comes up on your computer telling you that your blocked by Microsoft and to call a Microsoft 1800 number to “unblock” your computer. When you call the number,...
  9. Previewing support for same-site cookies in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Previewing support for same-site cookies in Microsoft Edge: Yesterday’s Windows Insider Preview build (build 17672) introduces support for the SameSite cookies standard in Microsoft Edge, ahead of a planned rollout in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. Same-site cookies enable more protection for users against cross-site request...
  10. Allow or Block Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Block Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Allow or Block Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...