Windows 10: Edge not opening

Discus and support Edge not opening in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Upgraded from 8.1 yesterday and start menu and would not open. I then upgraded again but this time from a USB and it started working, but edge now does... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cpm, Jul 29, 2015.

1. CPM
    cpm Win User

Edge not opening

Upgraded from 8.1 yesterday and start menu and would not open. I then upgraded again but this time from a USB and it started working, but edge now does not open and Cortana has no internet connection although firefox works. Have upgraded yet again from USB and still no Edge , is there a way of getting it to work? If not I'll re install 8.1 as much as I hate it it does at least work.

:)

2. 'Mike P Win User

Edge not opening

Might look in Settings / Apps / scroll down to Microsoft Edge, where you can try the repair or reset functions.

'Mike P, Jul 29, 2015
  3. mrscarrot Win User
    Edge not opening

I have a Asus X541U just a few days old and Edge does not load in it now I get a half page with a search bar. I type in search bar and it closes can anyone help me?

mrscarrot, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Edge not opening

1. Edge not opening - Similar Threads - Edge opening

2. Edge Chromium opens more than 10 instances in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Edge Chromium opens more than 10 instances in Windows 10.: A few days a go, I've downloaded the new Ede Canary Channel. It's beautiful, speedy, and very customizable. But their perfomance it's very strange. Their consumption of Ram (instance principal) it's about 260 Mb. But if (in the Task Manager) you go down in the list of...
  3. Trouble Opening Windows 10 functions, Microsoft Edge, and printing on the Internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble Opening Windows 10 functions, Microsoft Edge, and printing on the Internet: I am having constant problems opening most Windows functions including Windows settings and Microsoft Edge. When I attempt to open them the function displays but disappears after one second and the screen reverts back to the starting/home screen. Similarly, when I do open...
  4. No solution yet. Edge insists on opening last pages that were open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No solution yet. Edge insists on opening last pages that were open.: Every time I switch on my computer in the morning and open up Microsoft Edge, it opens all the tabs that were open when I closed it and shut down the day before. Why does it do this? I don't have any settings configured to tell it to do this. It's very irritating. I have...
  5. Must I now open Edge and Bing to get through the wallpaper?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Must I now open Edge and Bing to get through the wallpaper?: Oh Redmond, You think you are so freakin' clever manipulating your captive audience, when all you are doing is reminding your users how annoying and arrogant you are. I am stuck with you much of the time, but I avoid you whenever I have a choice....
  6. Microsoft edge opened randomly.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft edge opened randomly.: So i was typing on another browser i use, and Microsoft edge randomly opened by it's self. It didn't open a page or anything, it just started and it took me to the start page, like when you open microsoft edge, it will say "start page" on the tab. But i looked at event...
  7. Start menu, Edge, and other programs not opening after Windows 10 reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu, Edge, and other programs not opening after Windows 10 reset: I reset Windows 10 in an attempt to make my computer faster. After everything had finished installing, many core programs seem to be disfunctional. The start menu does not open, either by mouse or by the windows button, and the search bar is unresponsive. Edge does not...
  8. Why does Edge constantly crash when open?

Why does Edge constantly crash when open?: Every time when I open Edge Source Microsoft Edge Content Process Summary Stopped working Date ‎7/‎8/‎2019 6:12 PM Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: MoCFGSUP...
  9. Settings will not open, Edge has disappeared, and temp files are filling up c drive in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings will not open, Edge has disappeared, and temp files are filling up c drive in...: My c drive filled completely with temp files a couple months ago, and at the same time I could not open settings (using the icon or the search box), or edge. At some point edge disappeared altogether - will not come up with a search. Microsoft Store icon is missing. Through...
  10. My Edge icon on my bottom Task Bar no longer opens my outlook.com. Windows 10

My Edge icon on my bottom Task Bar no longer opens my outlook.com. Windows 10: I had a major problem yesterday - I lost my outlook.com in Edge and had to use IE11 to get it sorted out. That's been sorted but this morning I've found that my Edge icon on my bottom Task Bar doesn't open outlook.com as it used to do. Instead it now opens the UK's public...