Windows 10: Edge not opening

Discus and support Edge not opening in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Upgraded from 8.1 yesterday and start menu and would not open. I then upgraded again but this time from a USB and it started working, but edge now does... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cpm, Jul 29, 2015.

1. CPM
    cpm Win User

Edge not opening

Upgraded from 8.1 yesterday and start menu and would not open. I then upgraded again but this time from a USB and it started working, but edge now does not open and Cortana has no internet connection although firefox works. Have upgraded yet again from USB and still no Edge , is there a way of getting it to work? If not I'll re install 8.1 as much as I hate it it does at least work.

:)

2. 'Mike P Win User

Edge not opening

Might look in Settings / Apps / scroll down to Microsoft Edge, where you can try the repair or reset functions.

'Mike P, Jul 29, 2015
  3. mrscarrot Win User
    Edge not opening

I have a Asus X541U just a few days old and Edge does not load in it now I get a half page with a search bar. I type in search bar and it closes can anyone help me?

mrscarrot, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Edge not opening

1. Edge not opening - Similar Threads - Edge opening

2. Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.: How do i make all links shared in apps open Edge again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-from-discord-and-facebook-messenger-open/55c31bf6-e32a-4788-a767-0a741f403e66
  3. Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.: How do i make all links shared in apps open Edge again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-from-discord-and-facebook-messenger-open/55c31bf6-e32a-4788-a767-0a741f403e66
  4. Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge: Hi,For the last week and a half, users in our org have sporadically started encountering issues with launching Deltek Vision, an application we access with a shortcut that opens as a .Application in Edge via ClickOnce. The prompt to open the file will appear in Edge but...
  5. Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge

Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge: Hi,For the last week and a half, users in our org have sporadically started encountering issues with launching Deltek Vision, an application we access with a shortcut that opens as a .Application in Edge via ClickOnce. The prompt to open the file will appear in Edge but...
  6. Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened: Every time I open edge it won't take more than a few minutes before it freezes windows explorer and I have to restart it every single time!I've done everything I disabled the graphic acceleration, I disabled all the bad features, I scanned for malwares but no nothing is...
  7. Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened

Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened: Every time I open edge it won't take more than a few minutes before it freezes windows explorer and I have to restart it every single time!I've done everything I disabled the graphic acceleration, I disabled all the bad features, I scanned for malwares but no nothing is...
  8. Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Sihost is attempting to open ms edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sihost is attempting to open ms edge: Hello! I have a question! Sihost is attempting to open ms edge at startup and when I go to apps in the settings. I don't know why because I blocked it since I didn't trust it So I just get a ms edge error popup. I'm wondering why sihost is trying to open it. Im on Windows 10...
  10. Sihost is attempting to open ms edge

Sihost is attempting to open ms edge: Hello! I have a question! Sihost is attempting to open ms edge at startup and when I go to apps in the settings. I don't know why because I blocked it since I didn't trust it So I just get a ms edge error popup. I'm wondering why sihost is trying to open it. Im on Windows 10...