Windows 10: Edge on secondary monitor, doesn't remember location

Discus and support Edge on secondary monitor, doesn't remember location in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Apologies if this has already been covered but I couldn't find a thread ... I'm using Edge and am generally OK with it as an in-development... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sfmans, Aug 19, 2015.

1. sfmans Win User

Edge on secondary monitor, doesn't remember location

Apologies if this has already been covered but I couldn't find a thread ...

I'm using Edge and am generally OK with it as an in-development browser.

However I tend to keep my browser on my secondary monitor; but every time I open Edge it has forgotten that preference, and opens on the primary monitor again.

Is it just me or is this a known issue? And, anyone got any tips for persuading it to re-open on the secondary monitor?

:)

sfmans, Aug 19, 2015
  2. Jefromc Win User

choosing which monitor is touch screen

I have 2 monitors. My secondary monitor is touch enabled. When I touch the screen, the primary monitor receives the input. I need to change this to the secondary monitor. I have done this before, just can't remember how.

Jefromc, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Open Edge On Second Monitor By Default

supposedly if you drag edge to a secondary monitor then close it will, it should open in the exact same place. However that is not the case!!

Edge will reopen in the exact same size and position as it was closed but always in the primary monitor.

Any updates on how that will be fixed?

winnerman818, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

Edge on secondary monitor, doesn't remember location

1. Edge on secondary monitor, doesn't remember location - Similar Threads - Edge secondary monitor

2. Windows doesn't remember which monitor app belongs to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't remember which monitor app belongs to: When I close an app, I expect it to reside on that monitor. Several apps keep shifting to an incorrect monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-doesnt-remember-which-monitor-app-belongs/7f684295-e724-491a-b23a-9af2df02364b
  3. All my applications opens in wrong monitor and doesn't remember the previous location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my applications opens in wrong monitor and doesn't remember the previous location: I am using multiple monitors. Whenever I open an app it use to open in the location and the monitor that it was previously used on. But, after the recent windows update, all the application windows will open on the monitor that I designated as the main display. This also goes...
  4. All my applications opens in wrong monitor and doesn't remember the previous location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my applications opens in wrong monitor and doesn't remember the previous location: I am using multiple monitors. Whenever I open an app it use to open in the location and the monitor that it was previously used on. But, after the recent windows update, all the application windows will open on the monitor that I designated as the main display. This also goes...
  5. Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges: Hi,When I try to connect my laptop to an Acer 4K display as secondary screen, I see that the edges of the secondary display is cut-off.My laptop supports up t 1080p and monitor supports 4K. I wanted to use both the screen at their maximum resolution.Tried all the solutions...
  6. Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges: Hi,When I try to connect my laptop to an Acer 4K display as secondary screen, I see that the edges of the secondary display is cut-off.My laptop supports up t 1080p and monitor supports 4K. I wanted to use both the screen at their maximum resolution.Tried all the solutions...
  7. Secondary Monitor Screen cut-off at the edges

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Remember window location on Multiple Monitors in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Remember window location on Multiple Monitors in Windows 11: [IMG]Are you fond of operating multiple monitors simultaneously? The use of more than two tabs at a time has become an incredibly popular feature of Windows 11. The major issue with Windows 10 multi-window feature was of losing the position of tabs. Rapid Hot Plug Detect...
  9. Edge has stopped remembering previous download location

in Browsers and Email
    Edge has stopped remembering previous download location: Hi I have noticed since recent updates that Edge will no longer remember the recent download location after one has navigated away from the default Downloads folder and one wishes to add more files to the chosen folder. Edge now continues to default to the Download folder....
  10. Secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Secondary monitor: Recently I bought a slightly larger monitor and planned to use the older one as a secondary monitor. I went in via 'Display Settings' but have managed to screw things up and I've ended up making this smaller monitor the primary one. How might I reverse this and thus make the...