Windows 10: Edge Opening Problem

Discus and support Edge Opening Problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I open Edge the image appears fleetingly on the screen, disappears and then re-opens. Any ideas please? 112330 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Judesman, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Judesman Win User

Edge Opening Problem

When I open Edge the image appears fleetingly on the screen, disappears and then re-opens. Any ideas please?

:)

Judesman, Jun 15, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Jun 16, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 16, 2018
  4. Edge Opening Problem

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10.

Somehow my system got infected with some malware. Due to which Edge was opening random ads in new tabs with any click on any site. After some efforts I cleaned the malware, but the malware seem to have broken edge; some edge files also got cleaned out.

Now while opening opening blue screen comes fine, just a quick flash of Edge window comes but without showing anything or allowing to do anything closes itself.

I couldn't uninstall and re-install as Edge doesn't show in programs list.

I also tried following steps as suggested by the Microsoft Virtual support agent, No issues came up with that and nothing got resolved.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

shubhamgpt, Jun 16, 2018
Thema:

Edge Opening Problem

1. Edge Opening Problem - Similar Threads - Edge Opening Problem

2. Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites: When I have either MS Edge or Google Chrome web browsers open and I go to MSN web site to search news stories, whenever I click on a story, no matter what the story is, it never opens that story - but rather reverts back to the main landing page. This just started today and...
  3. Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites: When I have either MS Edge or Google Chrome web browsers open and I go to MSN web site to search news stories, whenever I click on a story, no matter what the story is, it never opens that story - but rather reverts back to the main landing page. This just started today and...
  4. Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. edge will not open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    edge will not open.: just got the big update a couple days ago and everything was working fine until today. i click on edge but it will not open. ive restarted my computer multiple times and it still wont work. mcaffe is up to date. sorry if this is the wrong sub submitted by /u/SafeDebate0...
  6. Edge will not open.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Edge will not open.: edge used to work but stopped working. Error says that Windows cannot find msedge.exe. I've disabled my VPN and Security software; uninstalled and reinstalled EDGE several times. I think the new Edge isn't compatible with my Surface Pro 7 but there's not another version I...
  7. Problem with Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Edge: Have done a clean install but there is no top sites boxes or feeds when I open a new tab any ideas please 122449
  8. Edge Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Problem: Let me start by stating I DO NOT HAVE A VIRUS OR MALWARE. I have had to force close edge a couple times due to various bad websites. When I reopen it it automatically opens back up the same site I was forced to manually close thereby forcing me to manually kill them again....
  9. Problem with Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Edge: Now I have been using Edge for a while now and while I find it not bad now there has been what I can only think an update that has left me with the browser opening quite differently to what I had set up. ie open immediately with my emails, then each new tab with those pinned...
  10. Edge not opening

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not opening: Upgraded from 8.1 yesterday and start menu and would not open. I then upgraded again but this time from a USB and it started working, but edge now does not open and Cortana has no internet connection although firefox works. Have upgraded yet again from USB and still no Edge ,...