Windows 10: Edge opens and then closes without going to any pages

Discus and support Edge opens and then closes without going to any pages in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For no apparent reason Edge has stopped working on my Windows 10 desktop. If I click on the taskbar or in the start menu Edge opens Initially the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Lordwanswell, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Edge opens and then closes without going to any pages

For no apparent reason Edge has stopped working on my Windows 10 desktop. If I click on the taskbar or in the start menu Edge opens Initially the window is blue, then white but none of the icons in the window are functional. So it will not open any pages and, after 30 seconds or so it closes. No error messages. Chrome is still working fine. I have tuned computer off and on, but this makes no difference. Any ideas please?

:)

Lordwanswell, Nov 15, 2017

2. Microsoft Edge opens then closes quickly, and unable to get to App Store

Thanks for the reply. I would obviously try a reinstall/repair of Windows 10 but was hoping for a solution I haven't come across.

Anyways, I have copies of Windows 10 media creator etc and will attempt what was told earlier sometime in the near future. It isn't an emergency issue nor would I say it is that much of an issue. I don't use edge and I didn't want the chess game from the
    store that bad. I just installed a chess engine I had saved to a external drive which I use now. But I will nonetheless try the steps in the coming weeks and report back the results.

Sean

IndustrialTech87, Nov 15, 2017
  3. Microsoft Edge opens then closes quickly, and unable to get to App Store

Hello Tech. I'm Greg, an 8 year Microsoft Windows MVP, here to help you. In Windows 10 everything depends on the quality of the install, which is the reason most enthusiasts won't ever run an Upgrade or Factory install. Please work through the Windows
    10 Performance and Install Integrity Checklist to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs are done: Windows 10 Performance and Install Integrity Checklist
    If any steps cannot be performed then try whichever method works to enter Safe Mode with Networking at How to boot into Windows 10's Safe Mode which may work better to perform all of the steps, or from the Advanced
    Startup Options listed at Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 use the Command Prompt at boot to run Repair Commands in the Checklist. If you’ll report back as you go, I may have other steps that are indicated.
    I will help you complete them all. If nothing else works then you can reinstall Windows while keeping your files, programs and most settings by running a Windows 10 Repair Upgrade from How to: Perform a Repair Upgrade Using the Windows 10 ISO file.
    If you don't have Creators Version 1703 (check at Settings>System>About) you can do this while at the same time installing the latest version by running the latest media from Media Creation Tool at Windows 10 herunterladen.
    Or you can do the gold standard Clean Install Windows 10 from Clean Install Windows 10 which compiles the best possible install
    of Windows 10 that will stay that way as long as you stick with the tools and methods given. It's also a great learning experience which will make you permanently the master of your PC's because you've learned what works best and how to apply it with your
    own hands. There is also an automated Windows 10 Refresh in Windows 10 which reinstalls Windows while leaving out the factory bloatware that throttles Windows and causes endless issues, lets you save your files. How to Easily Reinstall Windows 10 Without the Bloatware
    Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes. I'll keep working with you until it's resolved.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 15, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Edge opens and then closes without going to any pages

dalchina, Nov 16, 2017
  5. Thanks. I tried this and the process seemed to work (no error messages) but unfortunately Edge still doesn't.

Lordwanswell, Nov 25, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge opens and then closes without going to any pages

1. Edge opens and then closes without going to any pages - Similar Threads - Edge opens closes

2. Edge opening page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge opening page: First when I open edge it will show a unlogged pages. When I tried to click around it that's the time it will show that I'm connected. This still happens even I'm already connected to the internet. How to fix this?...
  3. Edge opening page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge opening page: First when I open edge it will show a unlogged pages. When I tried to click around it that's the time it will show that I'm connected. This still happens even I'm already connected to the internet. How to fix this?...
  4. Edge opening page

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. IN EDGE GO ANY PAGE AND THEN PIN PAGE TO TASKBAR.

in Windows 10 Customization
    IN EDGE GO ANY PAGE AND THEN PIN PAGE TO TASKBAR.: IN EDGE GO ANY PAGE AND THEN PIN PAGE TO TASKBAR. CHOOSE A PAGE OF PAPER NEWS OR ANIMALS OR ANY PIM PAGE TO TASKBAR OBSERVOIING THATT THE NAME OF THE PAGE IS ADDED TO ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS OF CONTROL PANEL. IN FACT ONE NEW APPLICATION NAME IS ADDED TO PROGRAM LIST. PLEASE...
  6. Edge Closes after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Closes after opening: I've followed many suggestions to get this resolved,including: Cleaned the Apps cache etc using CCleaner Reset the App Repaired the App Removed all Extensions Reinstalled Edge using Powershell Manually removed %APPDATA%...... folders for the Edge app to reset the app...
  7. surface go edge close on sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface go edge close on sleep: Hi can someone tell me how to make my edge stay open when I put my surface to sleep? thankyou https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-go-edge-close-on-sleep/8e576a67-33ed-42c2-9c97-8a0a3c3d3e2d
  8. Edge opens with previous page instead of start page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens with previous page instead of start page: Randomly, not all the time, after a reboot (or power off/on) Edge will start with the previously opened page instead of the set "home" (start) page. Is there any way to prevent this? This is what I have set. [img] 114998
  9. Edge will not open certain pages

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not open certain pages: Hi! First post here, so I apologize in advance if I break any major forum etiquette, but I am having a very certain issue with edge. It will not open any page related to Google in any way. I can't open Google Plus, the search engine, or even Google Drive. I've looked into...
  10. Microsoft Edge open and close

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge open and close: After recent update MicrosoftEdge open and close immediately. No warning after it. *Mad 55881