Windows 10: Edge opens with blank screen work around? Respondus fix as well.

Discus and support Edge opens with blank screen work around? Respondus fix as well. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've kinda fixed my issue, but it's not the correct fix. I would appreciate some insight on why the following hack works. Thank you The problem is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by steevo92123, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Edge opens with blank screen work around? Respondus fix as well.

I've kinda fixed my issue, but it's not the correct fix. I would appreciate some insight on why the following hack works. Thank you

The problem is we log into the domain and each new user must apply the fix (can't get it to work for computer only user) which is not going to work for us.

I found that if you copy the settings.dat file from the C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Settings folder, to the same folder in the local user profile folder that Edge works.
    Even if you remove that file from the current user folder it will still work, which doesn't make sense.

I've tried the powershell scripts that delete the folder / edge and recreate it, but that didn't work for me.

The other issue we have is, we use Respondus and it will not launch either unless (even though the company says that it uses Chrome as the default browser) Edge is working.

To summarize:
    1. We are a lab environment that has users that log into the domain
    2. The fix only works on the current domain user
    3. Every time a new user logs in, the "fix" has to be applied - we're talking thousands of students
    4. It worked with the previous version of Windows - 1607

:)

steevo92123, Jul 18, 2017

2. Edge as well as Store not working on Windows 10

Original title:- nothing works on windows 10

I'm having problems with Microsoft Edge the Microsoft Store Minecraft Windows 10. edition none of them work. Edge does not connect to the internet, the store crashes on open and i cant play with my friends on Minecraft

eric matise, Jul 18, 2017
  3. Settings apps doesn’t open as well as edge, explorer, command, etc. this is a fresh install and I have reset it twice already.

My surface book downloaded the latest update. After applying everything worked fine, but I decided to do a reset to make it a clean install. After the reset the settings app doesnt open, internet explorer doesnt open, and edge doesnt open. If I goto windows
    explorer and type a url it will open edge then close and give an error “the remote procedure call failed.”

I’ve reset this laptop teice and it does exactly the same thing. I am unable to check windows update as well.

JonathanSnyder1, Jul 18, 2017
Thema:

Edge opens with blank screen work around? Respondus fix as well.

1. Edge opens with blank screen work around? Respondus fix as well. - Similar Threads - Edge opens blank

2. Screen blanking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen blanking: When I view the screen at anagle from the side it looks all white and milky - If I look at it perpendicular screen it looks fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-blanking/dedbb64f-e296-4928-afee-1546127d2121
  3. screen bouncing around

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen bouncing around: Just in the last few days, my screen and keyboard seems to have a mind of its own. My screen will bounce off, then on, then off the internet completely. I can be on a secured site (banking) and the screen will disappear and I'm looking at my MSNBC screen. There doesn't...
  4. White blank screen when open an app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    White blank screen when open an app: I got white blank screen when open some program, but it's still click-able button if i can found the button location. Like if i click the "cancel" button it will close the program like if its normal. this is the example of "white blank screen" when i run docker. It's not...
  5. Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge: Hello, I have set Microsoft Edge to open with a blank page. However when I set the option to open new tabs with a blank page, it continues to open MSN.com. I have gone to the Edge Menu (3 dots) > Settings > Open New Tabs With , then I have selected "a blank page". Yet time...
  6. Edge Bug: Leaves a blank browser open and unresponsive

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Bug: Leaves a blank browser open and unresponsive: Folks, Using Edge, if I click the "+", open a new tab, then drag that tab out to start a new browser window everything seems fine. I can open more and more tabs on that "daughter" window. If I then choose "close all tabs", they all go away...but the edge browser window...
  7. Blank screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen: I hope you can help, I have been 'updating' windows 10 from windows 7 since Monday. The screen has remained blank since then. Nothing is happening at all. After turning it off, the start up screen is just the windows 10 logo then the screen goes blank. Please help as now...
  8. Well, after playing around for about 20 minutes...

in Windows 10 Support
    Well, after playing around for about 20 minutes...: I like it... I like it a lot. I really like the new Virtual Desktops... I haven't found how to change them via keyboard yet, but that's my only complaint so far with them. The new start menu is.. meh... I can take it or leave it. I like the the start screen, so either...
  9. Edge/StartMenu not working possible fix.

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge/StartMenu not working possible fix.: This might be odd but I been fighting lack of Edge, Start menu,ect on and off, nothing seems to work not DSIM,SFC, reset apps or windose updates but resetting permission/ownership of my user folder, appdata folder, and local/locallow/roaming fodlers to make sure it stuck did...
  10. Blank Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Screen: My Laptop is Lenovo Y50. All of a sudden , on logging, the screen went blank with a mouse pointer & i couldnt enter password. No Control, alt, Del works... I didnt do any Windows 10 Update... Now the laptop is as good as dead. Guys please help... Only i have to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge opens with blank screen