Windows 10: Edge opens with blank screen work around? Respondus fix as well.

Discus and support Edge opens with blank screen work around? Respondus fix as well. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've kinda fixed my issue, but it's not the correct fix. I would appreciate some insight on why the following hack works. Thank you The problem is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by steevo92123, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Edge opens with blank screen work around? Respondus fix as well.

I've kinda fixed my issue, but it's not the correct fix. I would appreciate some insight on why the following hack works. Thank you

The problem is we log into the domain and each new user must apply the fix (can't get it to work for computer only user) which is not going to work for us.

I found that if you copy the settings.dat file from the C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Settings folder, to the same folder in the local user profile folder that Edge works.
    Even if you remove that file from the current user folder it will still work, which doesn't make sense.

I've tried the powershell scripts that delete the folder / edge and recreate it, but that didn't work for me.

The other issue we have is, we use Respondus and it will not launch either unless (even though the company says that it uses Chrome as the default browser) Edge is working.

To summarize:
    1. We are a lab environment that has users that log into the domain
    2. The fix only works on the current domain user
    3. Every time a new user logs in, the "fix" has to be applied - we're talking thousands of students
    4. It worked with the previous version of Windows - 1607

:)

steevo92123, Jul 18, 2017

2. Edge as well as Store not working on Windows 10

Original title:- nothing works on windows 10

I'm having problems with Microsoft Edge the Microsoft Store Minecraft Windows 10. edition none of them work. Edge does not connect to the internet, the store crashes on open and i cant play with my friends on Minecraft

eric matise, Jul 18, 2017
  3. Settings apps doesn’t open as well as edge, explorer, command, etc. this is a fresh install and I have reset it twice already.

My surface book downloaded the latest update. After applying everything worked fine, but I decided to do a reset to make it a clean install. After the reset the settings app doesnt open, internet explorer doesnt open, and edge doesnt open. If I goto windows
    explorer and type a url it will open edge then close and give an error “the remote procedure call failed.”

I’ve reset this laptop teice and it does exactly the same thing. I am unable to check windows update as well.

JonathanSnyder1, Jul 18, 2017
Thema:

Edge opens with blank screen work around? Respondus fix as well.

1. Edge opens with blank screen work around? Respondus fix as well. - Similar Threads - Edge opens blank

2. MS EDGE BLANK SCREEN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS EDGE BLANK SCREEN: Hi my MS Edge opens with a blank screen and the tab at the top is named untitled. I can not open anything to do with edge. So I have tried the followingand I am running Windows 11 with all updates.1 Edge Repair.2 Delete and reinstall Edge.3 I created a second user on my PC...
  3. MS EDGE BLANK SCREEN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS EDGE BLANK SCREEN: Hi my MS Edge opens with a blank screen and the tab at the top is named untitled. I can not open anything to do with edge. So I have tried the followingand I am running Windows 11 with all updates.1 Edge Repair.2 Delete and reinstall Edge.3 I created a second user on my PC...
  4. Fix Microsoft Edge is showing blank white screen on Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Microsoft Edge is showing blank white screen on Windows computer: [ATTACH]If Microsoft Edge is showing a blank white screen when you launch it, the solutions provided in this post may help you fix the problem. The users who experienced this problem have stated that Edge displays a blank white or black screen for some time when they launch...
  5. In Edge, why two blank tabs always open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Edge, why two blank tabs always open: I have my Tabs all over on the left side of the screen. When I click on the + to open up a new tab, that new tab will open up but there's always the second new tab that will be added just below the new one I just opened. Is that normal and if not, what do I do to stop that....
  6. White edges around laptop screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    White edges around laptop screen: This is the second time it happens. Upon turning on my Asus laptop, the screen turns black and then these white faded edges appear on my screen. They literally look like frostbite and they keep creeping on the screen until the whole thing slowly turns grey and then another...
  7. Cortana will not open apps and is not working well

in Cortana
    Cortana will not open apps and is not working well: Hi , I recently found that Cortana stopped working as expected. For instance, when I ask for an app to be opened e.g. "open excel" then she does a search for "open Excel". In the past she would open the app. I have reset the app, signed in again but to no avail. She also...
  8. opening word with a blank screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    opening word with a blank screen: When i open word a can see the preview but then the screen opens blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-word-with-a-blank-screen/1f6932d0-3f33-4d0c-9a98-0a1b3ab7eaa4
  9. Black screen edges around TOR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen edges around TOR: Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showing search results in full screen but it shows its inbuilt features like settings & task manager in full screen. Whatever i search is not in full screen & thick black rectangles covering...
  10. Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge: Hello, I have set Microsoft Edge to open with a blank page. However when I set the option to open new tabs with a blank page, it continues to open MSN.com. I have gone to the Edge Menu (3 dots) > Settings > Open New Tabs With , then I have selected "a blank page". Yet time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge opens with blank screen