Edge opens with old tabs

Discus and support Edge opens with old tabs in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Must of happened after the last update, maybe. I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open. I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?" Close all and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfourkays, Jun 14, 2018 at 3:23 AM.

1. cfourkays Win User

Must of happened after the last update, maybe.
    I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open.
    I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?"
    Close all and everything closes.

Reopen Edge and I have the same tabs open.
    I've restored Edge to defaults.

In "Open Microsoft Edge with" I have:

"A specific page or pages"
    http://www.google.com"

Open new tabs with
    "Top sites and suggested content"

My laptop has exactly the same settings without the problem.
    Weird
    Pete

:)

2. Pawan Dhondiyal Win User

open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 14, 2018 at 8:40 AM
  3. Arun B J Win User
    "Edge BUG" A blank page setting when opening a new tab in Edge is reset when clearing browsing data

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• Click on Three Dots (…) at the top right corner.

• Under Open new tab with select a blank page.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

4. PamHogg Win User

Edge opens with old tabs

open a new tab to my home page in edge

Did you even read the question?

Thema:

Edge opens with old tabs

Edge opens with old tabs - Similar Threads - Edge opens old

1. Edge Opening Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Opening Problem: When I open Edge the image appears fleetingly on the screen, disappears and then re-opens. Any ideas please? 112330
  2. Edge always opens with old tabs

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge always opens with old tabs: Must of happened after the last update, maybe. I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open. I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?" Close all and everything closes. Reopen Edge and I have the same tabs open. I've restored Edge to defaults. In "Open Microsoft Edge with" I have:...
  3. Edge Browser - fails to open websites on certain machines

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Browser - fails to open websites on certain machines: Hi all, I wanted to ask the forum about this issue that I`ve seen with edge for some time now, to verify its a known issue or otherwise. When using edge to browse to any given website, on some machines, edge simply will refuse to load the site. I can force the page to load...
  4. microsoft edge keep opening PDF files

in Windows 10 Support
    microsoft edge keep opening PDF files: Yes I have done that without joy still Microsoft Edge keeps hijacking my .pdf files. [img]
  5. how to get black background in Edge in opening a PDF in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    how to get black background in Edge in opening a PDF in Full Screen: Hi, how to get black background in Edge in opening a PDF in Full Screen. PFA the screen shot. How to get full black in the background? I was using Reader App, but it is not opening now. It is always asking to open in Edge. Which is fine, but if I open pdf in edge and go...
  6. How to stop "bad" websites from opening password prompts in Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop "bad" websites from opening password prompts in Edge: There's these pop-up ad websites that try to scare people by saying "Your computer is infected" and such. They open a continuous stream of password prompts. As soon as I close one prompt, another password prompt pops up. I already use the AdBlock extension. I wonder...
  7. Microsoft Edge crashing upon opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge crashing upon opening: UPDATE: We had further issues for this, Norton caused a ruckus with Edge, after removing this however, Edge started working fully functional.
Edge opens with old tabs solved