Edge opens with old tabs

Discus and support Edge opens with old tabs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Must of happened after the last update, maybe. I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open. I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?" Close all and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfourkays, Jun 13, 2018.

1. cfourkays Win User

Edge opens with old tabs

Must of happened after the last update, maybe.
    I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open.
    I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?"
    Close all and everything closes.

Reopen Edge and I have the same tabs open.
    I've restored Edge to defaults.

In "Open Microsoft Edge with" I have:

"A specific page or pages"
    http://www.google.com"

Open new tabs with
    "Top sites and suggested content"

My laptop has exactly the same settings without the problem.
    Weird
    Pete

:)

cfourkays, Jun 13, 2018
  2. Pawan Dhondiyal Win User

open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    "Edge BUG" A blank page setting when opening a new tab in Edge is reset when clearing browsing data

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• Click on Three Dots (…) at the top right corner.

• Under Open new tab with select a blank page.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Jun 14, 2018
  4. PamHogg Win User

Edge opens with old tabs

open a new tab to my home page in edge

Did you even read the question?

PamHogg, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Edge opens with old tabs

1. Edge opens with old tabs - Similar Threads - Edge opens old

2. black screen on right side of opening page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    black screen on right side of opening page: We need to fix your Microsoft account(most likely your password has changed). Select here to fix it in Shared experience settings.9.09a...
  3. text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open: my computer has been hacked and all of sudden they sent this text documents and it say push enter but it doesn't do anything. also does anyone know how to get the hackers off my computer... any help would be appreciated...
  4. Cannot remove old account from login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove old account from login screen: When I turn on my computer I get the old user ID and have to click on new user ID on bottom left portion of screen to sign in with new user ID. How do I remove the old user ID from login screen?...
  5. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...
  6. Old tpm not cleared before booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old tpm not cleared before booting: I activated my tpm module in the bios after installing w10 on a formatted drive, the bios required a restart before the newly activated tpm module could be cleared from previous user data, but before i could press an f key to boot to bios after the restart to clear the tpm it...
  7. Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge: Hello, I have set Microsoft Edge to open with a blank page. However when I set the option to open new tabs with a blank page, it continues to open MSN.com. I have gone to the Edge Menu (3 dots) > Settings > Open New Tabs With , then I have selected "a blank page". Yet time...
  8. Quarantine folder on Windows Defender will not open; it says something about Library DDL or...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quarantine folder on Windows Defender will not open; it says something about Library DDL or...: when I try to see what is in the Quarantine folder on Windows Defender it says somethin about Library DDL or DLL not being installed or in error...
  9. old fonts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    old fonts: I want to install my old fonts I love them and if anyone knows doctor who you know its a must have and have others that's a must have please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/old-fonts/f400cfad-8d64-4797-9ff0-179cae12a0c7
  10. How fo I remove an old user's files left sfter removimg the user? There's over 2 g of space...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How fo I remove an old user's files left sfter removimg the user? There's over 2 g of space...: I have old user files left after deleting user. How do i remove them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-fo-i-remove-an-old-users-files-left-sfter/32f5b559-f0f2-4796-b966-e32f59adad40"