Windows 10: Edge opens with old tabs

Discus and support Edge opens with old tabs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Must of happened after the last update, maybe. I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open. I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?" Close all and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfourkays, Jun 13, 2018.

1. cfourkays Win User

Edge opens with old tabs

Must of happened after the last update, maybe.
    I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open.
    I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?"
    Close all and everything closes.

Reopen Edge and I have the same tabs open.
    I've restored Edge to defaults.

In "Open Microsoft Edge with" I have:

"A specific page or pages"
    http://www.google.com"

Open new tabs with
    "Top sites and suggested content"

My laptop has exactly the same settings without the problem.
    Weird
    Pete

:)

cfourkays, Jun 13, 2018

2. open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    "Edge BUG" A blank page setting when opening a new tab in Edge is reset when clearing browsing data

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• Click on Three Dots (…) at the top right corner.

• Under Open new tab with select a blank page.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Jun 14, 2018
  4. PamHogg Win User

Edge opens with old tabs

open a new tab to my home page in edge

Did you even read the question?

PamHogg, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Edge opens with old tabs

1. Edge opens with old tabs - Similar Threads - Edge opens old

2. Edge opens home page on new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens home page on new Tab: Latest version of Edge. New tab opens home page. Used to open blank page. How do I get the blank page back? What I find doing a search is for older versions (apparently) or refers to custom in settings but all that does is open a new page in a Tab. 183159
  3. Google opening tabs in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google opening tabs in Edge: I use Microsoft Edge & lately Google has been opening search tabs on it's own. It's like it is on a timer. I've ended up with as many as 8 new tabs at one point before I would close them. When I'm in the middle of something & it decides it's time to open a new tab it...
  4. Windows 10 Edge opens dozens of tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Edge opens dozens of tabs: I decided to try out Windows 10 Edge. There is a lot about it that I like. However, every time I click on any link, it opens in a new tab. This quickly results in large numbers of tabs being open making Edge very crowded and clunky to use. I looked through all the settings...
  5. Opening tabs on edge on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening tabs on edge on startup: For online schooling, I was wondering if there is a way to open Microsoft edge on start-up, and have it set to open these 3 specific tabs I always need every single day?...
  6. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  7. Opening edge with set tab

in Browsers and Email
    Opening edge with set tab: I am running Edge Chromium at the moment and when I close down it shuts all opens tabs - I don't have a problem with that but what I would like it for me to open Edge so that Outlook.com mail opens automatically in the first tab on start up or closing all tabs and selecting...
  8. Edge always opens with old tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Edge always opens with old tabs: Must of happened after the last update, maybe. I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open. I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?" Close all and everything closes. Reopen Edge and I have the same tabs open. I've restored Edge to defaults. In "Open Microsoft Edge with" I have:...
  9. switch to new tab when opened in edge

in Browsers and Email
    switch to new tab when opened in edge: How do you make Edge display the contents of a new tab that you have downloaded by right clicking link? The tab is there after the right click but do I have to click on the tab, or can I set it to open automatically, if so How? 34640
  10. Windows Edge Opens Hundreds of Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Edge Opens Hundreds of Tabs: Please help. no one has an answer. Windows Edge will, totally at random, open up hundreds of tabs going to Microsoft Edge Help. Multiple virus scans and malware found nothing. Resetting Edge did not work. Resetting Window 10 did not work. REINTALLING windows 10 from a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge opens with old tabs

2. edge open old tads

3. open old tabs in edge

4. edge browser opens old tabs,
  5. open old tabs edge,
  6. edge opens old,
  7. edge displays old links as tabs,
  8. automatically switch to new tab in edge,
  9. edge opens in old tab,
  10. microsoft edge opens with all old tabs,
  11. edge opening with old tabs,