Windows 10: Edge opens with old tabs

Discus and support Edge opens with old tabs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Must of happened after the last update, maybe. I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open. I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?" Close all and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfourkays, Jun 13, 2018.

1. cfourkays Win User

Edge opens with old tabs

Must of happened after the last update, maybe.
    I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open.
    I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?"
    Close all and everything closes.

Reopen Edge and I have the same tabs open.
    I've restored Edge to defaults.

In "Open Microsoft Edge with" I have:

"A specific page or pages"
    http://www.google.com"

Open new tabs with
    "Top sites and suggested content"

My laptop has exactly the same settings without the problem.
    Weird
    Pete

:)

cfourkays, Jun 13, 2018
  2. Pawan Dhondiyal Win User

open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    "Edge BUG" A blank page setting when opening a new tab in Edge is reset when clearing browsing data

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• Click on Three Dots (…) at the top right corner.

• Under Open new tab with select a blank page.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Jun 14, 2018
  4. PamHogg Win User

Edge opens with old tabs

open a new tab to my home page in edge

Did you even read the question?

PamHogg, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Edge opens with old tabs

1. Edge opens with old tabs - Similar Threads - Edge opens old

2. Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open

in Browsers and Email
    Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open: V1809 with the last Tuesday update. When closing Edge, it always asks to close all tabs even though there is only one tab open. [img] 119766
  3. No browser except for edge is able to open multiple tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No browser except for edge is able to open multiple tabs: Hey, My problem began after the update on the 24th of July (KB434521) for version 1803. I was a chrome user and when I started chrome yesterday and tried opening more than 2 tabs, it would say pages are unresponsive and the only way to close it was to open task manager and...
  4. Edge always opens with old tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Edge always opens with old tabs: Must of happened after the last update, maybe. I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open. I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?" Close all and everything closes. Reopen Edge and I have the same tabs open. I've restored Edge to defaults. In "Open Microsoft Edge with" I have:...
  5. switch to new tab when opened in edge

in Browsers and Email
    switch to new tab when opened in edge: How do you make Edge display the contents of a new tab that you have downloaded by right clicking link? The tab is there after the right click but do I have to click on the tab, or can I set it to open automatically, if so How? 34640
  6. Windows Edge Opens Hundreds of Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Edge Opens Hundreds of Tabs: Please help. no one has an answer. Windows Edge will, totally at random, open up hundreds of tabs going to Microsoft Edge Help. Multiple virus scans and malware found nothing. Resetting Edge did not work. Resetting Window 10 did not work. REINTALLING windows 10 from a...
  7. How to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab.

in Browsers and Email
    How to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab.: There seems no way to click a link in Edge and have it open in a new open tab. It either opens in the existing tab or creates a new closed tab, depending on which mouse button you use. 13145
  8. Manage Tabs in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Manage Tabs in Edge: Just finished my upgrade and so far I'm pretty happy. One thing that bugs me, though, is when a website hijacks the browser, pops up a new window (instead of a tab), strips controls and address information and the like. I've searched online, but am coming up empty on...
  9. BSOD when opening many tabs in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when opening many tabs in Microsoft Edge: So I was able to recreate this issue three times already. I open many tabs in Edge that it brings my RAM usage to about 95% and naturally will get notified by Win10 that my memory consumption is high and I should close some applications to free up memory. BUT it should never...
  10. Change what New Tabs in Microsoft Edge Open with

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change what New Tabs in Microsoft Edge Open with: I want to open a new tab to my home page. Any way to accomplish that? 7647

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge opens old tabs