Windows 10: Edge opens with previous page instead of start page

Discus and support Edge opens with previous page instead of start page in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Randomly, not all the time, after a reboot (or power off/on) Edge will start with the previously opened page instead of the set "home" (start) page.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by fireberd, Jul 29, 2018.

1. fireberd Win User

Edge opens with previous page instead of start page

Randomly, not all the time, after a reboot (or power off/on) Edge will start with the previously opened page instead of the set "home" (start) page.

Is there any way to prevent this?

This is what I have set.

Edge opens with previous page instead of start page [​IMG]

:)

fireberd, Jul 29, 2018

2. Edge not opening with previous pages

Hello,

A quick question before we proceed:

Which update are you referring to?

Please be informed that when you open the 10 web pages in the EDGE browser, you close the browser and when you restart the EDGE browser you will be able to see all the 10 web pages will be loaded which you have opened before you have closed the EDGE
    browser. This will happen only when you set the option to open the tabs with
    previous web pages in EDGE browser.

To set the option, open EDGE browser, click on (…) More options at the top right corner of the EDGE browser, click on
    Settings, set the Open with option to
    Previous pages.

If you have any suggestions about EDGE browser, you may post the suggestions in Windows feedback app. So that it will be helpful to developers to integrate the suggestions provided in future if it is possible. Open the Windows feedback from all apps
    installed in your computer and post the suggestions in Windows feedback app.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Edge opens with previous page instead of start page

Edge opening page under previous page

Hi Tony,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if it helps.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge and check.

Follow the steps to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.
    • Select the options and click on Clear button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Edge opens with previous page instead of start page

1. Edge opens with previous page instead of start page - Similar Threads - Edge opens previous

2. Edge opening page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge opening page: First when I open edge it will show a unlogged pages. When I tried to click around it that's the time it will show that I'm connected. This still happens even I'm already connected to the internet. How to fix this?...
  3. Edge opening page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge opening page: First when I open edge it will show a unlogged pages. When I tried to click around it that's the time it will show that I'm connected. This still happens even I'm already connected to the internet. How to fix this?...
  4. Edge opening page

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Chromium Edge Start Page Tiles??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chromium Edge Start Page Tiles??: Trying the new Chromium Edge and was wondering how to add more favorites to the Start Page. Right now it has 7 Favorites Tiles and when I click the plus sign and add another favorite it takes one away to make room for the new one. Can anyone tell me how to add more than just...
  6. Start page open the Microsoft page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start page open the Microsoft page: It’s really annoying but I cannot set Google as a start page. Whatever I do ends in with Microsoft page. I changed browsers Chrome, Firefox, Edge, I.E. but no avail. I tried to set the start page in all browsers to Google but also no avail. I don’t know what else I can do...
  7. edge starting with one of last pages

in Browsers and Email
    edge starting with one of last pages: does anyone no why edge starts with the one of the last pages after shutting down edge and the computer it will at times restart with one of the last pages, this is even after I make sure I am on my home page and then close edge and shut down computer, this has been going on...
  8. Edge will not open certain pages

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not open certain pages: Hi! First post here, so I apologize in advance if I break any major forum etiquette, but I am having a very certain issue with edge. It will not open any page related to Google in any way. I can't open Google Plus, the search engine, or even Google Drive. I've looked into...
  9. My Edge Start Page in is the Start page error

in Browsers and Email
    My Edge Start Page in is the Start page error: I set the setting to set the start page of Microsoft Edge browser to a blank page, but when I reopen it's still in the Start Page with those news headlines and such, I tried to adjust the settings, but it's still the same result. Need help. 101637
  10. Customize Start Page in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Start Page in Microsoft Edge: How to: Customize Start Page in Microsoft Edge How to Customize your Start Page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge dont load previous page

2. edge opens on older start page?

3. edge opens with previous pages

4. open microsoft edge with specific page previous page instead,
  5. edge opens with previous page instead of home,
  6. edge opens previous page