Windows 10: Edge + PDF = lol

Discus and support Edge + PDF = lol in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Well, Mike, you have the source of great practical joke There! Would be if I didn't have to print a form for registering my car, Just had no idea it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by CountMike, Apr 5, 2018.

1. CountMike New Member

Edge + PDF = lol

Would be if I didn't have to print a form for registering my car, Just had no idea it could happen.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
  2. CountMike New Member

Just yesterday I tried printing some .PDF documents and it printed them as mirrored image, left to right. From all other programs that can print PDF, including FF print right way.

:)

CountMike, Apr 18, 2018
  3. Live links in Outlook open in Edge even though it is not my default browser.

It depends how you Pin them, if you use Edge to Pin them, they will open with Edge or may be this functionality not supported in Chrome so they open with Edge.

As for PDF, Edge is only Reader for PDF file, you could change default PDF file to open using your PDF editor.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Apr 18, 2018
  4. PablitoD Win User

Edge + PDF = lol

How do I disable Edge's built-in PDF viewer?

Hi Greg,

I think you misunderstand. The 'solution' that you propose is for stopping Edge from becoming the default PDF application when launching from the Windows shell. My default PDF application is Adobe DC Reader and it never 'reverts' to Edge.

The problem I describe is that I'm browsing a site using Edge and I click on a link to a PDF. I want the PDF to open
    outside of Edge, in the default PDF application (Acrobat). But Edge doesn't let me control that behaviour (although I can in IE and Firefox) - Edge just uses its built-in PDF viewer.

Regards,

P

PablitoD, Apr 18, 2018
  5. Hahah! Really? That is horrible!

Is this on an insider Windows build or does this happen on Build 16299.xxx also?

slicendice, Apr 18, 2018
  6. swarfega Win User
    Perhaps submit a bug report on feedback hub.

swarfega, Apr 18, 2018
  7. CountMike New Member
    Yes, last Skippy, never seen it happen before.

CountMike, Apr 18, 2018
  8. Edge + PDF = lol

Thanks!

Luckily I ONLY use Acrobat for anything PDF. It works, renders correctly, has a ton of useful features and does not freeze, like Edge does sometimes. *Smile

slicendice, Apr 18, 2018
  9. CountMike New Member
    I used Bullzip PDF Studio last but use Foxit until they started to push adware with it. Sumatra PDF but it's aout of date and looks like it's not supported any more. FF seems to do good job now.
    Adobe Acrobat is also add supported.

CountMike, Apr 18, 2018
  10. ???

I've never seen a single AD in AcrobatReader. And especially NOT in Acrobat Pro. Are we talking about the same software here? *Wink

slicendice, Apr 18, 2018
  11. CountMike New Member
    Just Adobe Acrobat Reader:

Edge + PDF = lol [​IMG]

CountMike, Apr 18, 2018
  12. What page is that? It certainly is NOT an Adobe site. *Smile

slicendice, Apr 18, 2018
  13. CountMike New Member

Edge + PDF = lol

Major Geeks. They always warn about those things, that's one of reasons I like them. Adobe may not mention it on their site. Mind you, it's just a free readre, whole suite may not be like that but not free.

CountMike, Apr 18, 2018
  14. Interesting, since I've never had any ADs pop up or interfere in free Adobe Reader. Maybe I don't use it enough for Adobe to bother sending me ADs. *Biggrin

slicendice, Apr 18, 2018
  15. Helmut Win User
    That is a reason for not using Major Geeks, there is no adverts or bloatware if you get it directly from Adobe.

I use the free Adobe Reader DC all the time, particularly for printing as it gets it right.

There are currently 3 boxes to untick for Chrome extension, Chrome and Google Toolbar.
    They are very obvious.

Helmut, Apr 18, 2018
Thema:

Edge + PDF = lol

1. Edge + PDF = lol - Similar Threads - Edge PDF lol

2. lol

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    lol: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/samikjain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/pebaxx/lol/
  3. PDF search in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF search in Edge: until recently, I was able to search a PDF document in Edge using the CTRL + F switch. Now, when I try and use that function, it will only search the page I am on. I have looked all over trying to find the option to search the entire document and cannot find it....
  4. Pdf in edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pdf in edge: Initially I saw content options in edge to go through contents of the pdf but now I can't see content options and searching is also not working I have to click ctrl key and F to search and that also not searching more than one word....
  5. Edge or Adobe PDF viewers?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge or Adobe PDF viewers?: From a security standpoint, if you were to pick a PDF viewer, which one would you pick out of these two only? Edge or Adobe? Only from a security standpoint and only pick Edge or Adobe only, meaning no mentioning of other 3rd party PDF programs. 134809
  6. PDF standard reverts to edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    PDF standard reverts to edge: Hello, this problem is driving us nuts. Our standard PDF reader is Adobe Reader DC, when opening a PDF document, after a few moments, the system automatically changes the standard from Adobe to Edge. This problem only occures on our virtual machines: Specs (2...
  7. pdf in edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    pdf in edge: Hi , I have a HP wireless all in one printer installed on my PC and for no reason that I can see windows edge will not print any thing any more . I have had help from HP tech support and there is nothing wrong with the printer or the software . I get the error code...
  8. PDF Rotation Missing In Edge

in Browsers and Email
    PDF Rotation Missing In Edge: I really like using edge for .pdf files! Is very quick to load and provides almost all the features that I normally use. There is one feature missing! That feature is Rotate! At least I am unable to fine it, as of yet. I do a lot of work with .pdf files and always...
  9. Edge Browsers & PDF'S

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browsers & PDF'S: Why is it, when I click to open a PDF from my brokerage account to view a trade confirmation, Edge cannot open the PDF, however, when I switch to IE or Chrome no problem opening the same? Thanks 19348
  10. Empty PDF in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Empty PDF in Microsoft Edge: All of a sudden, when I open some (not all) PDFs they have blank contents in Edge. No viewer like Acrobat or PDFXChange installed. No viruses and SFC /scannow is all right. I don't think it's browser related but a more generic PDF format filter (?) corruption in my...