Windows 10: Edge pops up on windows 10 with 'help and support'

Discus and support Edge pops up on windows 10 with 'help and support' in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, So my windows 10(Laptop) keeps blocking me with popups of the windows help and support which opens up in edge. It keeps continuously opening a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FayizMuhammed, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Edge pops up on windows 10 with 'help and support'

Hi,

So my windows 10(Laptop) keeps blocking me with popups of the windows help and support which opens up in edge. It keeps continuously opening a large no: of the same link in a large no: of tabs. Whenever this happens my mouse cursor freezes and I'm not able to use the laptop. Initially the same thing used to happen but instead of this popping up the '-(minus)' symbol used to get preseed. Like if I'm in a text box the '-' symbol would keep appearing in it. When i use VLC it would keep decreasing the playback speed (which is the function of the minus key). And yes i checked if tje buttons are stuck or not. Theyre not stuck. I even reset the entire windows removing even the personal files but still can't fix the issue. Pleases help!

:)

FayizMuhammed, Jul 21, 2018

2. Microsoft Edge Pop-up Blocker

Hello,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn on/off.
    Please refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows-10/block-pop-ups-in-microsoft-edge

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Edge pops up on windows 10 with 'help and support'

pop up page on edge browser

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are getting pop up page on Edge. I will help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Is the issue specific to any website on Edge?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

A-You may disable the pop up block option in Edge to check if that helps.

Open Edge, click on “More options” and select “Settings”.

Go to “View advanced options” and move the slider to off for Block pop ups.

B-You may want to optimize Edge to check if that helps.

Microsoft Edge and privacy: FAQ: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

C-Follow these steps to close Edge from Task Manager:

• Open Task Manager and click on the Processes tab.

• Right click on Edge and select “End Task” to close Edge.

Further, you may also use Internet Explorer instead of Edge and check if that helps.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

Edge pops up on windows 10 with 'help and support'

1. Edge pops up on windows 10 with 'help and support' - Similar Threads - Edge pops 'help

2. having edge pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    having edge pop up: using windows 10 whenever i click a link in outlook, word, whatever, it opens a tab in edge which is what i want it to do but it doesn't automatically make edge the front of the page,idk if that is the right term. I have to go down to edge icon and open edge. How can I get it...
  3. having edge pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    having edge pop up: using windows 10 whenever i click a link in outlook, word, whatever, it opens a tab in edge which is what i want it to do but it doesn't automatically make edge the front of the page,idk if that is the right term. I have to go down to edge icon and open edge. How can I get it...
  4. having edge pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP: May i know when i key in on words file. from english input change to chinese input. sometime the microsoft edge will pop up itself. may i know what can i do to avoid microsoft edge pop up. after close the microsoft edge, i wish to continue key in the words file, the manage...
  6. MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP

MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP: May i know when i key in on words file. from english input change to chinese input. sometime the microsoft edge will pop up itself. may i know what can i do to avoid microsoft edge pop up. after close the microsoft edge, i wish to continue key in the words file, the manage...
  7. MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows Help And Support Pop Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Help And Support Pop Up: Hi I wanted to find out how would I be able to get rid of the Windows Help And Support Pop Up that appears when ever I use CorelDRAW 7. It occurs every time I click in the application itself. It has become a very big issue. Please can you assist me in how to get rid of this...
  9. Windows Help And Support Pop Up

Windows Help And Support Pop Up: Hi I wanted to find out how would I be able to get rid of the Windows Help And Support Pop Up that appears when ever I use CorelDRAW 7. It occurs every time I click in the application itself. It has become a very big issue. Please can you assist me in how to get rid of this...
  10. Edge annoying pop-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge annoying pop-up: Just Curious, but when if ever are you planning on deleting the annoying Microsoft New App? I keep saying "No Thanks", but it insists on coming back. I may be mistaken, but I'll bet there are others who feel the same way....