Windows 10: Edge problem after CU upgrade. Could someone confirm or otherwise.

Discus and support Edge problem after CU upgrade. Could someone confirm or otherwise. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is an MS Edge Issue I've hit a peculiar problem on just one site... and out of all the sites I use it is the most important one to me.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mooly, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Mooly Win User

Edge problem after CU upgrade. Could someone confirm or otherwise.

This is an MS Edge Issue

I've hit a peculiar problem on just one site... and out of all the sites I use it is the most important one to me.

Following the upgrade I find that this site:

diyAudio

takes around 15 to 20 seconds to open. When open it takes a further 15 to 20 seconds to action anything such as clicking on a link.

Before the Creators Update there was no issue, the site was speedy and rapid. If I use IE it all works normally.

Could someone confirm please that they see the same slow behaviour on the above linked site.

:)

Mooly, Apr 5, 2017

2. N80 UMTS phone call problems after 20 minutes

When I call someone over G3 (UMTS), everytime after 20 minutes the other person could not hear me anymore.

I have replaced my 6680 with N80. The 6680 had not this problem.

Could someone confirm this problem? Otherwise my N80 need a repair.

Thanks in advance

slasher---01, Apr 5, 2017
  3. ikovac Win User
    Unable to download new Windows store apps

Well that is it. You pinpointed the issue. I think I could install new apps immediately after initial Anniversary Update, but later CUs broke it. And I am glad it is not our accounts, despite I got suggestions to open a new one. No way!

Edit: On one of my computers where I didn't install AdBlock extension in Edge the very first day after Anniversary update, now after a few CUs I get the same error! To me that is another proof CUs messed up initial Anniversary update.

I hope someone from MS will read this. I'll be glad to give any additional info if needed.

ikovac, Apr 5, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hi Mooly,

Edge opened your link just fine - no delay at all.

philc43, Apr 5, 2017
  5. Mooly Win User
    Thanks for trying. That's weird, don't know what to try next for that.

If I'm logged into the site I'm just seeing the top banner, if I delete my cookies and temp files I just get a white page for 20 seconds when initially opening. Very odd.

Mooly, Apr 5, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    Of course, I was not logged in to the site as I have never used or visited it before. You might need someone who has previously logged in via Edge to test it for you.

philc43, Apr 5, 2017
  7. Mooly Win User
    I've posted on the site itself about the problem but no one has responded as yet.

I'm going to try a few things now to see if I can nail this. Although I didn't want to do this I'm going to fully clear all Edges history (everything deletable) and try again. I've imaged the system as it stands now and so moving on from that I can try a clean install and see if that makes any difference.

Mooly, Apr 5, 2017
  8. Edge problem after CU upgrade. Could someone confirm or otherwise.

No problems here either with the same caveat as philc43. Not sure what help or clue this may be, but I noticed that when I first open the link my Microsoft rewards icon turns off. (x instead of a checkmark). It does come back on when I leave and come back though. Just never noticed this before anywhere else.

indianacarnie, Apr 5, 2017
  9. Mooly Win User
    Thanks for trying this guys.

I bit the bullet and deleted all in MS Edge (and also purged IE even though I never use it). I've just spent the last 35 minutes (longer than the upgrade took) re-entering all my site preferences and that seems to have done the trick. The problem site now opens instantly.

Something must have been carried over that the new version of Edge objected to.

Thanks again folks, I'll mark this one resolved.

Mooly, Apr 5, 2017
  10. Mooly Win User
    I've 'unsolved' this one because the problem is back. More to the point, its back on a clean install. Everthing in post #1 still applies though as to how it behaves although I can add more info now.

Its not just diyAudio that is affected. When I was rebuilding my favourites, SevenForums was the same, and this evening (now) TenForums is also playing up.

If I restart the PC, then it seems I sometimes get the normal quick access back. Both diyAudio and TenForums were just playing up, restarted and both now fine.

I've used Edge for months and months and never had an issue like this. I'm at a loss to even get a handle on this problem, I jus don't know where to look or what area the problem is in.

Mooly, Apr 7, 2017
  11. mrgeek Win User
    Your site opens fine. I had a huge issue with Edge after the CU install. I ended up complete in-installing and re-installing and it's been running so well, I made it my default browser. Read the first 2 posts here, as to what I did. It can hurt but WAY less time consuming than re-installing the OS just for Edge. -
    Edge non-responsive after Creators Update

mrgeek, Apr 8, 2017
  12. Mooly Win User
    Thanks for the reply and link. Interesting.

Hmmm... well I unplugged my router this morning for a little while, and guess what... at the moment all is behaving normally. I don't know what to think at this stage although today so far is the best (its just normal) its been.

I'll see how it all goes and keep this updated.

Mooly, Apr 8, 2017
  13. Mooly Win User

Still all good. Second boot of the day and being going around 45 minutes now. Lots of opening and closing of tabs. All super rapid just as it used to be......

Mooly, Apr 8, 2017
  14. Mooly Win User
    I'm going to mark this resolved (again). The router reboot inexplicably appears to have fixed the issue. Why a clean install should have been affected as well as the upgrade install I have no idea, but it appears that it was.

Mooly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge problem after CU upgrade. Could someone confirm or otherwise. - Similar Threads - Edge problem upgrade

2. Could someone help me with this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could someone help me with this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/computer-mouse-and-keyboard-not-working/c8971831-b64e-4782-a264-fa8ceae38f30?messageId=e53e9330-17c5-4d55-86c8-e7a94c8fb7de...
  3. Could someone help me with these problems?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Could someone help me with these problems?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/adenrjc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kzuxnj/could_someone_help_me_with_these_problems/
  4. Windows 10 v2004 CU confirms 20H2 would be a minor release

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 v2004 CU confirms 20H2 would be a minor release: Windows 10 May 2020 Update is the next feature update and it is expected to begin rolling out between May 26 and May 28. Naturally, there are questions on what Microsoft has in mind for its second of two annual updates. Long story short, Windows 10’s 20H2 (version 2009)...
  5. am probleme cu virusii

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    am probleme cu virusii: buna ziua. am incercat sa descarc un joc si de atunci am probleme cu virusii. incep sa scap de ei dar nu reusesc. in calculator imi tot apare ca trebuie sa scanez cu antivirus si sa elimin acei virusi dar ei nu mai dispar. ma poate ajuta cineva? sau pot primi ajutor direct...
  6. Is this a problem? Phishing or otherwise

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this a problem? Phishing or otherwise: I got a message in the notification area on my Windows 10 HP laptop. It was a request from Microsoft (Maybe Microsoft) requesting me to log onto my Microsoft account using my password. They wanted to me to verify my account so I would not loose access to it. I was logged on...
  7. That annoying Edge icon in IE11 on CU

in Browsers and Email
    That annoying Edge icon in IE11 on CU: Has anyone figured a way to turn this crap off? [img] Yes, I know that Edge is Microsoft's "preferred" browser. No, I'm not interested. I need IE for work purposes because of legacy ActiveX components, so that annoying icon does no good. I'm trying to get the new...
  8. Seeing something new in Windows Update after upgrade to CU

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Seeing something new in Windows Update after upgrade to CU: I upgraded to CU a few days ago and just got my first notification of updates. (I used gpedit to prevent automatic install of updates.) On the Updates and Security Settings panel I'm seeing a new symbol: [img] Is that exclamation point now standard on that panel or does...
  9. BSOD and I think Defender is the problem. Can someone confirm?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and I think Defender is the problem. Can someone confirm?: My laptop keeps crashing and it started after I upgraded to Windows 10. I have re-installed, installed all the patches, updated all the latest drivers (it think), but it consistently send me to BSOD. A lot of time after BSOD, I find that Windows Defender is disabled, so my...
  10. Can you confirm advanced recovery options work after upgrading to CU?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you confirm advanced recovery options work after upgrading to CU?: Hi, could you advise your experience of this please? If you upgraded from the Anniversary Edition to the Creator's build, when you boot to the Advanced Recovery options (e.g. via SHIFT + left click Restart) does clicking on the boxes for - Command Prompt - System...