Windows 10: Edge Problem

Discus and support Edge Problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Let me start by stating I DO NOT HAVE A VIRUS OR MALWARE. I have had to force close edge a couple times due to various bad websites. When I reopen it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by byelton, Jul 30, 2015.

1. byelton Win User

Edge Problem

Let me start by stating I DO NOT HAVE A VIRUS OR MALWARE. I have had to force close edge a couple times due to various bad websites. When I reopen it it automatically opens back up the same site I was forced to manually close thereby forcing me to manually kill them again. The same thing happens when you restart windows with open browsing sessions. In versions of IE you were given the option to restore prior browsing session but not so with Edge. It just takes you back. I can't figure out how to stop this behavior. I want to either completely turn off it remembering my browsing sessions OR at least ask me before taking me back to where I was... How do I accomplish this?

:)

byelton, Jul 30, 2015

2. Edge keeps crashing

That does not work for me. I tried it several times.

RonCheney1, Jul 30, 2015
  3. bavalde Win User
    How to Resolve Microsoft Edge crashing to desktop

Hi,

I'm having the same experience, i.e. Edge crashes approx 5-20 after launch. Every time.

This is on AU (14393.10 Enterprise).

The "fix" suggested above (ie re-create a new user etc) is a rather ugly hack.

I'd rather not do it to be honest. Are there any other ways to fix this?

I've not seen this crash on any of the recent pre-AU Insider builds of Edge...

Baffled.

BR Bjørn

bavalde, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Edge Problem

You can't expect instant responses.

I know what you mean, I've had that happen as well. The easiest way to do this is to disable your internet connection, re-open the browser (which will now fail) and then close the tabs, and re-enable it. I hope MS provides a workaround for this.. There's one particularly nasty page that somehow locks the page to the point you can't even click the close button (most just re-pop up the a dialog that won't go away, this one actually prevented even attempting to close).

Mystere, Jul 30, 2015
  5. byelton Win User
    Well, your response is basically what I was dreading but expecting nevertheless...

Pretty typical of Microsoft to overlook stuff like this. And when they do have a "fix" it will probably require manually entering a new registry entry versus having a simple check box(s) or an on/off switch in the application settings or even a GP setting.

It is just exhausting to deal with stuff like this that should have been accounted for in Edge's design. I mean having customizable browser restore settings or at least asking before you just do it has been around for quite a while now even with IE.

byelton, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    Windows 10 is not like previous versions of Windows. It's a "living OS", and the entire idea from the beginning is that we would get this very early and have full input into it as it develops. This means that we get a basic version at first without a lot of features, and over time these features will be added and the OS (and apps within it) will evolve.

It's like buying a basic car, and then slowly customizing it over time.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge Problem

1. Edge Problem - Similar Threads - Edge Problem

2. Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?: I do extensive web browsing. Typically I look up specifications, parts lists, locating software for various HP systems. Sometimes after two days or maybe after two week I have to clear cookies as my lookups change language. I can click on the same URL 2 or 3 times and either...
  3. Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?: I do extensive web browsing. Typically I look up specifications, parts lists, locating software for various HP systems. Sometimes after two days or maybe after two week I have to clear cookies as my lookups change language. I can click on the same URL 2 or 3 times and either...
  4. Problem: host process for windows services 17, microsoft edge, microsoft edge update2 after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem: host process for windows services 17, microsoft edge, microsoft edge update2 after...: windows reports many bugs after complete reset and newinstallation via iso on usbstick.wjhat happen and how can i fix it? i am amateur. please explain me step by step.Quelle Host Process for Windows Services Zusammenfassung StoreAgentSearchUpdatePackagesFailure1 Datum...
  5. Problem: host process for windows services 17, microsoft edge, microsoft edge update2 after...

Problem: host process for windows services 17, microsoft edge, microsoft edge update2 after...: windows reports many bugs after complete reset and newinstallation via iso on usbstick.wjhat happen and how can i fix it? i am amateur. please explain me step by step.Quelle Host Process for Windows Services Zusammenfassung StoreAgentSearchUpdatePackagesFailure1 Datum...
  6. Edge WebView2 installation problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge WebView2 installation problem.: I was trying to use an app from the Microsoft Store, the day before I uninstalled edge by going to C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft and deleting every edge related folder. After that the app I was trying to open started malfunctioning and showed an error which said "To use this...
  7. Edge WebView2 installation problem.

Edge WebView2 installation problem.: I was trying to use an app from the Microsoft Store, the day before I uninstalled edge by going to C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft and deleting every edge related folder. After that the app I was trying to open started malfunctioning and showed an error which said "To use this...
  8. Edge WebView2 installation problem.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD: Hi - I'm having trouble with Windows 10, after cloning the OS from a 240GB SSD to a larger 1TB SSD.I have performed the cloning process twice now, with 2 completely different cloning apps first Macrium Reflect, then DiskGenius, and each time the result is exactly the...
  10. Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD

Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD: Hi - I'm having trouble with Windows 10, after cloning the OS from a 240GB SSD to a larger 1TB SSD.I have performed the cloning process twice now, with 2 completely different cloning apps first Macrium Reflect, then DiskGenius, and each time the result is exactly the...