Windows 10: edge recreates deleted bookmarks

Discus and support edge recreates deleted bookmarks in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; its an annoying bit of problem. everytime i delete a bookmark, that same bookmark seems to have a mind of its own and spawns. in same location. what is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Pathfinder, Jan 3, 2017.

1. edge recreates deleted bookmarks

its an annoying bit of problem. everytime i delete a bookmark, that same bookmark seems to have a mind of its own and spawns. in same location. what is wrong and how to fix it

:)

Pathfinder, Jan 3, 2017

2. how to remove all bookmarks from Microsoft Edge

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to delete the bookmarks from IE, just Edge. I'll delete the Favorites Folder and that should take care of the bookmarks in Edge. Thanks for the pointers.

Rubert Mumps, Jan 3, 2017
  3. 8prabhat8 Win User
    Does Edge browser have a bookmark manager?

I think that "product manager" at Microsoft is still sleeping edge recreates deleted bookmarks ;) ... you wont even find a single app on Microsoft app store ......

I think I have to write a script to recreate all my bookmarks on edge.... thankfully it seems Microsoft guys have already created selenium driver for edge ..that would come handy..

8prabhat8, Jan 3, 2017
  4. edge recreates deleted bookmarks

Have you got "Sync your settings" set? I know it only mentions IE but Edge could be included as well.

Alan Russell, Jan 3, 2017
  5. ah ha. it was on. ive just turned it off. this problem only occurs after i turn on laptop after turning it off for the night. now we must wait for 24 hours and see if said bookmark(s) will not show up. then i will report back with result

after some time has passed, it is determined that the problem is now resolved.*Party

Pathfinder, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

edge recreates deleted bookmarks

1. edge recreates deleted bookmarks - Similar Threads - edge recreates deleted

2. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons: I recently had to replace my hard drive and I am trying to load the Favicons file from my old user directory and get Error "0x800704C8 This operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". I was able to move the bookmark file so all my bookmarks show...
  3. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons: I recently had to replace my hard drive and I am trying to load the Favicons file from my old user directory and get Error "0x800704C8 This operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". I was able to move the bookmark file so all my bookmarks show...
  4. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. delete and recreate SID in the Registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    delete and recreate SID in the Registry: Hi I would like to know how to delete the local Administrator SID or all SIDs and recreate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-and-recreate-sid-in-the-registry/69955b8a-aea6-4653-9f16-e97e20a81230
  6. Search Edge Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Search Edge Bookmarks: Does anyone know how to open the Bookmarks folder in Edge and how to search the bookmarks ? Thanks in advance. Alan 53399
  7. Edge bookmarks disapearing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge bookmarks disapearing: I tried importing bookmarks directly from Chrome and tried importing from a file and get the same result with both. I have re-installed Windows Creators several times and still get the same results. Cleared everything from Edge and start over, same result. When I first...
  8. Change order of bookmarks in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Change order of bookmarks in Edge?: Is there any way to change the order of the bookmarks in Edge? I can't seem to drag and drop anymore. Matt 14442
  9. cant delete saved bookmark in edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    cant delete saved bookmark in edge browser: is there a way? I need to delete some old bookmarks no longer active. 63943
  10. Edge Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Bookmarks: How do I save my bookmarks in edge to transfer to another computer. I want my same setting if possible on another computer. Thanks 31196