Windows 10: Edge registry settings

Discus and support Edge registry settings in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there any list of registry settings for Edge? I am creating an unattended installation image for Win10, and despite the OS getting a new browser... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Octopuss, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Octopuss Win User

Edge registry settings

Is there any list of registry settings for Edge?

I am creating an unattended installation image for Win10, and despite the OS getting a new browser (with IE11 that still is present - wtf?), there are no settings for the answer file available. Just the old IE11 shit.
    I can't even get past the stupid first run page popup, which is annoying the living shit out of me.

:)

Octopuss, Jul 4, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Unable to access Windows Store and Microsoft Edge after editing the registry settings on Windows 10

Hi James,

As you are facing issues with accessing Microsoft Edge and Windows Store, provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you try to access Windows Store and Microsoft Edge?
    • Have you created a backup of registry on your device before editing it?

Let us try to restore the registry settings and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have a backup of the registry, I recommend you to refer to the below article to restore from it and check if it helps.

Refer to the article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

If that doesn't help,

Step 2: I suggest you to perform a system restore to the earlier point of this issue and check if the issue persists. When you perform a System Restore the time and date would be changed on your computer.

System Restore: Though it is said that System Restore does not affect your personal information such as email, documents, photos, videos, etc., but there is highly possible that some of your personal files are deleted
    while system restoring.

During System Restore, there may be errors and such errors may cause damage to the files that are present in the system. And, computer shutdown during restoring process may also lead to file loss. Sometimes when System Restore is failed, it may lead
    to loss of important files as well.

I recommend you to refer to the Microsoft article to perform System Restore:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Section: Restore from a system restore point.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the Windows Store and Microsoft Edge for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Edge registry settings

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

Edge registry settings

1. Edge registry settings - Similar Threads - Edge registry settings

2. where is settings in the registry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is settings in the registry?: hi,Does anyone know where is settings in the registry? If I want to add my Microsoft 365 subscription information, try to know how to add it via the registry. No articles online stating on how to do it....
  3. where is settings in the registry?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is settings in the registry?: hi,Does anyone know where is settings in the registry? If I want to add my Microsoft 365 subscription information, try to know how to add it via the registry. No articles online stating on how to do it....
  4. Edge executable file location in registry

in Browsers and Email
    Edge executable file location in registry: Where do I find the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe path in the registry? Thanks! 178354
  5. EnableFirstLogonAnimation Registry Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    EnableFirstLogonAnimation Registry Setting: I have found two entries in the registry for WIN10 64bit Build 1909. The first is: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\EnableFirstLogonAnimation The second is:...
  6. sermouse registry setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sermouse registry setting: We have been editing the registry in windows 10 to prevent sermouse from misidentifying incoming serial data and causing the "crazy mouse" symptom. This works fine but we have noticed recently that periodic windows updates will revert the START setting in the registry to its...
  7. setting registry settings to default

in Cortana
    setting registry settings to default: I downloaded iobit advanced system care and CCleaner to get more storage but it made some changes to the Windows registry due to which, my search bar is displaying correct results. I tried searching for troubleshooting and add or remove a program, but no or incorrect result...
  8. Registry settings in Regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry settings in Regedit: I am unable to get copyprofile to work on the Creator's version of Windows 10. I have been using registry settings to get it the way I want it. This is probably a silly request but I want to find it. Typically in my custom default profile, I open regedit to a full window...
  9. Network registry settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network registry settings: Hello all. After the upgrade my wireless adapter wasn't working. Reinstalled driver, problem solved. About 30 minutes later it was no longer working. Under device manager there were 3 instances of my adapter. Opened them up and it said device not migrated. Windows kept...
  10. Cortana registry setting?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana registry setting?: Does anyone know where is Cortana's core/MAIN settings are in the registry? Thank you! 80773

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge registry settings

2. microsoft edge registry settings

3. edge registry

4. edge renderercodeintegrity registry,
  5. where is edge in registry,
  6. edge disable renderercodeintegrity registry create new key,
  7. edge RendererCodeIntegrity regestry key,
  8. win 10 edge registry keys,
  9. registry settings to open tiff in edge,
  10. set registry key to point to the .net framwork install location,
  11. edge window size regedit,