Windows 10: Edge reluctant to shut down

Discus and support Edge reluctant to shut down in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since Christmas, all the Insider preview builds have caused me grief. I had hoped 14316 would have a better Edge, my ordinary upgrades of W10 seem to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tinmar49, Apr 14, 2016.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Edge reluctant to shut down

Since Christmas, all the Insider preview builds have caused me grief. I had hoped 14316 would have a better Edge, my ordinary upgrades of W10 seem to work ok with Edge. When I left click on the top rhs cross, I expect Edge to instantly close, which only works about 50% of the time. Then I have to open task manager to kill it off. Sometimes it works the other way round. I close Edge, and it doesn't open. It is still running in task manager, and has to be forced to close. Any clues?

:)

tinmar49, Apr 14, 2016
  2. Pattheman Win User

Microsoft edge malicious Tab

Thanks very much,

Closing the app with Task manager worked fine! At first, edge was not in the app column. I had shut it down. As soon as I launched edge again there it was in task manager! deleted and it shut down!

Pattheman, Apr 14, 2016
  3. Microsoft Edge Browser crashes when trying to open anything

Original Title: "Microsoft Edge Browser"

Microsoft Edge Browser opens for just a short time and if I click on it ... anywhere, it doesn't matter where - it closes and shuts down.

The program does not allow me enough time to do anything. It shuts down.

If I attempt to add another page (+ tab) it shuts down.

Help!

Is there a way to remove the edge program and re install it from scratch?

This program is in an endless loop.

Thank you very much

Gloria A V Dueltgen, Apr 14, 2016
Thema:

Edge reluctant to shut down

1. Edge reluctant to shut down - Similar Threads - Edge reluctant shut

2. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  3. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  4. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Every browser besides edge shuts down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every browser besides edge shuts down: Every browser besides edge shuts down after 30 seconds to 2 minutes ( I don’t know the exact times) NOTE: I built my pc and did not buy a windows key. I don’t think that’s the problem because it worked on my friends computer and it’s fine for him. submitted by...
  6. Start, Edge, Settings not working or shut down immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start, Edge, Settings not working or shut down immediately: Having a problem the last week or so. Started with Edge browser shutting down moments after launching. IE and Chrome work just fine. While trying to figure this one out, also noticed the start menu will not pop up and the search box disappears when I click the start button....
  7. Edge browser shuts down on loading anything

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browser shuts down on loading anything: Just completed a clean install of TH2 (1511) on a Lenovo Via Nano-based netbook (blow, fan, blow...) prevously running Win7, activated using previous credentials via the genuineticket.xml method. The ISO source is the same one that I have used on several other machines...
  8. Edge won't shut down after Anniversary update

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't shut down after Anniversary update: I've upgraded to the Anniversary version 1607 Build 14393.51 and nothing will shut Edge down other than stopping the task in Task Manager. Has anyone else come across this? I can at least minimise it. 60043
  9. Edge Browser automatically shuts down

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser automatically shuts down: Is anyone experiencing this? As soon as I open the browser, it shuts down within a second or two. Sometimes I will get lucky and be able to view a page but as soon as I hit a button on my keyboard, it shuts down again. I have tried fixing the start tab page but nothing has...
  10. Reluctant HP Untility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reluctant HP Untility: Hello, Just migrated from Win 7 to Win 10. Several small problems, some just annoying, others more consistent, which get slowly sorted out. Most of my programs, even very old ones, survived - some after studious compatibility tweaking. However, there is one that has...