Windows 10: Edge. Reproducible issue so weird that its hard to believe it happens.

Discus and support Edge. Reproducible issue so weird that its hard to believe it happens. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I can reproduce the issue I'm going to describe at will and on two separate machines. Each machine is running a clean install of the AU. (This issue... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mooly, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Mooly Win User

Edge. Reproducible issue so weird that its hard to believe it happens.

I can reproduce the issue I'm going to describe at will and on two separate machines. Each machine is running a clean install of the AU. (This issue did not happen prior to the AU release).

I'm not so much looking for a fix as just trying to get a handle on whether the problem is site related or browser related.... but then it did work in the past and so.....................

The site in question is diyAudio.com which is a normal bulletin board just like this one.

The problem is this.
    I'm finding a lot of posts on the site are locking up Edge whenever I click a word (with a view to looking it up) or highlight text on the page (with a view to copy and paste) but this is where it gets bizarre. Its only some posts that do this, and its only some sentences in those post that have the issue.

The posts that have the issue seem consistent day to do but the words or sentences that cause the lockup in any given problem post seem to vary day to day.

I hope your keeping up *Wink

If I log out of the site then the problem disappears. In other words for a non registered user the problem is not present. That's bizarre. If I log back in then the issue returns with the same posts being affected.

Any thoughts ?

Words in this sentence lock up Edge.

Edge. Reproducible issue so weird that its hard to believe it happens. [​IMG]

Words in this one do not

Every error here is due to this issue

:)

Mooly, Aug 19, 2016

2. Surface 3 with Windows 10 10162 powers off (hard power off) when in docking station

Hi Vinz,

today it happened again and I was able to reproduce. The device turned off while watching a video on chanel 9. I rebooted, started edge again, clicked the video > again off. I was able to reproduce this 5 times, event when using IE instead of edge.

Right now, I disconnected the Surface from the docking and it looks like its ok.

Could it be a heating issue ? Its inside the building and its warm, but not hot. The back of surface feels hot when in docking. Is a hard power off what should happen when it got to hot ?

Any Ideas ? Could this be an issue with win 10 or is the docking bad ?

BenAffleckIsBatman, Aug 19, 2016
  3. shanemcr Win User
    System and compressed memory and System interrupts processes use 100% of 1 CPU logical processor the whole time

I've done the shutdown workaround so it is not reproducing right now. It's hard for me to believe that my data will be more useful than the many instances previously collected. From web search this problem is rampant. But in any case I'll be happy to help
    in case my data happens to be useful.

shanemcr, Aug 19, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Hi @Mooly,
    I can only think of two possibilities.
    Are you using any add-ons in Edge?
    And, are you using the Beta build of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit?

Cliff S, Aug 19, 2016
  5. Mooly Win User
    Hi Cliff,

the 64 bit pro install has 'translate' as an add on but the 32 bit home installation has none. No MWB product on either. As the saying goes, 'its doin' my head in is this' *Wink

Mooly, Aug 19, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    I asked because with the Office add-on, that I never used, was making Edge sloooooow, along with the translate app(which I kept.
    Now that the Office is gone, Edge doesn't show up in reliability history any more. It wasn't the app itself, just the combination, so I kept the one more important to me.

Some people were having problems with the beta MBAE, that's why I asked that.
    Other then those 2, I have no more ideas right now.

Cliff S, Aug 19, 2016
  7. Mooly Win User
    Thanks for the insights Cliff but like you, I have no idea on this one.

I have reported it to MS using the feedback button in Edge and also to MS directly via a link I turned up while looking for where to report Edge issues. I've just had a reply to that, and they have registered on the forum to try and reproduce the issue. So fingers crossed.

Mooly, Aug 19, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Aug 19, 2016
  9. Mooly Win User
    Thanks.

And in the meantime, another user on the forum in question has reported that this problem has put in a fairly regular appearance for them as well.

Mooly, Aug 19, 2016
  10. Mooly Win User
    Mooly, Aug 22, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    I just tried according to you screenshots,
    It is reproducible on my machine too*Eek

Cliff S, Aug 22, 2016
  12. Mooly Win User
    That's great. Yes *Smile At least I don't feel like I'm going mad anymore.

I've not had any further reply from MS although I have kept updating with links and screenshots showing the problem. Now that its not related to one site perhaps they will take more notice.

Mooly, Aug 22, 2016
  13. Cliff S New Member

When you highlight the word(I typed it myself) in the text editor, there is no problem. Just in the other members post.

existing

Cliff S, Aug 22, 2016
  14. Mooly Win User
    Yes, its very odd indeed. Have you any thoughts on what could cause an error like this ?

I just tried working along the post and this is the point it seems to breakdown. Past this point and it crashes.

Mooly, Aug 22, 2016
  15. Cliff S New Member
    I have no idea, but on my machine Windows already sent a report(Report ID) to Microsoft(see your reliability history)
    Code: Description The program MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe version 11.0.14393.51 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel. Process ID: c78 Start Time: 01d1fd088e3bae5c Termination Time: 11 Application Path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe Report Id: ef69885a-68fc-11e6-a086-c03fd53709f0 Faulting package full name: Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_38.14393.0.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe Faulting package-relative application ID: MicrosoftEdge[/quote]

Cliff S, Aug 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Edge. Reproducible issue so weird that its hard to believe it happens. - Similar Threads - Edge Reproducible issue

2. Its weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Its weird: When ever i go in fullscreen then the colors mess upLike the colors revert or smthYellow>blueBlue>orangeIts just weird. Like im colorblind https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-weird/e918f188-8ba3-46b2-aa87-6f01d6b26477
  3. Its weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Its weird: When ever i go in fullscreen then the colors mess upLike the colors revert or smthYellow>blueBlue>orangeIts just weird. Like im colorblind https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-weird/e918f188-8ba3-46b2-aa87-6f01d6b26477
  4. I can't believe that this issue still happens in 2023.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't believe that this issue still happens in 2023.: If I have Automatically pick an accent color from my background checked, everytime the wallpaper changes there's a huge lag spike across the system, this can be noticeable while typing, or simply moving the mouse, I have been suffering from this issue for months now and I...
  5. Bsod, believe its a bad motherboard?

Bsod, believe its a bad motherboard?: So the error code 0xc000221. I know this points to a faulty hdd add or ram. The reason I think it's the motherboard is because I've tested the ram and the ssd that is supposedly causing the error I bought new and used it in my last system with zero issues for about 4 months....
  6. weird happens

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    weird happens: I had to change my wi-fi password after I found out someone was stealing my signal. This was no easy thing but I got it done. Since then my internet speed has dropped from around 590 mbs to around 95mbs (hard wired) My wifes computer is still running at approx 590mbs (hard...
  7. So, this happened

So, this happened: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IncludeKarma [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhpzjh/so_this_happened/
  8. So basically this weird thing happens sometimes on my pc

So basically this weird thing happens sometimes on my pc: Its a normal day, playing valorant, listening to spotify and doing stuff on discord and suddenly my discord disconnects and valorant too, Internet is working fine, browsers are working fine but these 2 applications DISCORD and VALORANT are not. the trouble is not with the...
  9. Cannot watch videos on Edge. Issue not happening on Edge Legacy

Cannot watch videos on Edge. Issue not happening on Edge Legacy: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lolpo555 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/if42nv/cannot_watch_videos_on_edge_issue_not_happening/
  10. Weird Defender Issue i Believe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird Defender Issue i Believe: Hello All Updated my System 1809 Pro build to 17763.134, restarted, Then My Fans kicked up to high speed for a good 5-10 minutes, Defender still shows after Full Scan Threats found, despite i checked with every single other portable program and also Eset online scan So far...