Windows 10: Edge running in background

Discus and support Edge running in background in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why is Microsoft Edge running in the background? Is this necessary or a virus?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ralphwills, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Edge running in background

Why is Microsoft Edge running in the background? Is this necessary or a virus?

:)

ralphwills, Aug 3, 2018

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Edge running in background

How do I disable Microsoft edge so it doesn't continually run in the background?

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open
      Settings
      , and click on the
      Privacy icon.

• Select Background apps at the bottom left corner.

• Turn off Microsoft Edge and check if it helps.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Edge running in background

1. Edge running in background - Similar Threads - Edge running background

2. Command prompt, microsoft edge and powershell runs in the background?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command prompt, microsoft edge and powershell runs in the background?: so I checked task manager, and found that command prompt, microsoft edge and powershell were running in the background consuming my cpu. It deletes itself as soon as I see it. I managed to end task all of them fast enough, but they keep coming back afterwards. I tried...
  3. Edge running in background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge running in background: Since first getting this Lenovo desktop both Internet Explorer and Edge have caused my screen to go black as soon as they opened. This wasn't much of a problem as there are other browsers... The last two years no problems, but from about March and forward every time Win 10...
  4. Mail not running in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail not running in background: So the Mail app has stopped checking for new messages in the background. Now it only gives me new mail notifications AFTER I open the app. Kind of defeats the point of notifications. Anyone know why it could have stopped working and how to fix it?...
  5. Disable Microsoft Edge from running in the background in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Microsoft Edge from running in the background in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge keeps running in the background. It, therefore, launches faster and is useful if you want to receive notifications. While Windows 10 keeps it in a suspended state, it still can consume some power and resource. In this post, [...] This post...
  6. Apps running in background .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps running in background .: I would like to stop the possibility of certain programs to run in the windows background. How can I do that? I stopped everything from Task Manager - Startup, but it did not work. Always when I open the computer or give it a restart, the same programs run in the...
  7. MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge running in the background even after Egde closes: Just recently switched to using Edge and just giving it a try. This is NOT the new Chromium-based Edge, but still using the standard Edge. What I noticed, that even when closing all Edge tabs and the whole entire browser, some Edge processes are still running or showing up...
  8. Apps Running in Background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps Running in Background: Recently, I've had a lot of Windows apps running in the background- photos, calculator, and the store app, just to name a few- despite the fact that I have my computer set to not run apps in the background. Well, recently I found out that every time I turn on my computer, my...
  9. MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..: I have tryed everything to prevent it from running in the Background and when it is running in the Background there are 2 files associated with the name [Runtime broker] under MS Edge.. any way to close these when i close Edge.. or should i leave it like it is? :P 107449
  10. Stop Windows Edge from Running in the Background

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Windows Edge from Running in the Background: Can we stop 'Windows Edge' from running in the background? Should we? 15142

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge running in background

2. edge runs in background

3. why is edge running in background

4. ege running in bacjground,
  5. ms edge running in backgroud after closing,
  6. microsoft edge running in background,
  7. edge running in backgroud,
  8. microsoft edge running in background on windows phone,
  9. edge is running in background,
  10. why is edge running in the background