Windows 10: Edge running W/o being started when firefox running

Discus and support Edge running W/o being started when firefox running in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have noticed Edge runs whenever I start firefox. I first noticed this when running CCleaner. I can see Edge shutting down as CCleaner finishes. I am... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by designs11, Jul 24, 2018.

1. designs11 Win User

Edge running W/o being started when firefox running

I have noticed Edge runs whenever I start firefox. I first noticed this when running CCleaner. I can see Edge shutting down as CCleaner finishes. I am wondering if Edge is somehow watching and reporting what I do on Firefox.

:)

designs11, Jul 24, 2018

2. IE, Edge and Chrome run, but Firefox won't

Monday, I applied the April update to my Lenovo G700 laptop.I normally use Firefox as my default browser, but this morning. it won't even run. Yesterday, I found that IE, Edge and Chrome work with Mail, but Firefox wouldn't; today, Firefox won't even run,
    whether from the Start menu or my taskbar shortcut. All I get is a "This app has been blocked by your System Administrator." message. Obviously, there's some setting that isn't set properly, but I don't know what it is or how to set it. Could anyone suggest
    a solution that would let Firefox run?

Thanks

RogerBlair1, Jul 24, 2018
  3. share666 Win User
    Cannot run Edge - Browser Broker fails

I have Windows 10 - version 1709 OS build 16299.192 X64

Every time I start Edge it fails - I have attached a file listing information from the event viewer. I do not have any software restriction policies.

If I set up another user account I can run Edge with no problems.

Not sure what my next steps are.

Thanks.

share666, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Edge running W/o being started when firefox running

i7 running hot? Gimme a break.

• Intel Core i7 920 w/ HT (C0/C1 stepping)
    • Scythe MUGEN-2 w/ stock fan (1 x 120mm)
    • Arctic Silver Compound 5 (copious amounts)
    • DFI LanParty DK X58
    • NZXT Zero 2 w/ stock fans (3 x 120mm)
    • ~40C
    • ~60C
    • Picture (has low and high)
    Ambient is around 24C. Load is WCG/BOINC running 100%.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Edge running W/o being started when firefox running

1. Edge running W/o being started when firefox running - Similar Threads - Edge running being

2. How to activate secondary GPU when running applications like Chrome or Firefox or Edge/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate secondary GPU when running applications like Chrome or Firefox or Edge/: I have a laptop running Windows 10 Build 19043 with Intel Core i3 3217U CPU having integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 GPU and a secondary GPU Nvidia GeForce GT 720M.both graphics have recently downloaded drivers from coresponding manufacturers` websites. here is the...
  3. How to activate secondary GPU when running applications like Chrome or Firefox or Edge/

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to activate secondary GPU when running applications like Chrome or Firefox or Edge/: I have a laptop running Windows 10 Build 19043 with Intel Core i3 3217U CPU having integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 GPU and a secondary GPU Nvidia GeForce GT 720M.both graphics have recently downloaded drivers from coresponding manufacturers` websites. here is the...
  4. How to activate secondary GPU when running applications like Chrome or Firefox or Edge/

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how to run applications w/o the microsoft app store opening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to run applications w/o the microsoft app store opening?: Microsoft app store when i try to open application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-applications-wo-the-microsoft-app-store/dcbeed62-f49a-44c6-88cd-0242a928e2c4
  6. how to run applications w/o the microsoft app store opening?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to run applications w/o the microsoft app store opening?: Microsoft app store when i try to open application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-applications-wo-the-microsoft-app-store/dcbeed62-f49a-44c6-88cd-0242a928e2c4
  7. Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator": Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, Build 18363.418 Firefox and Chrome have both ceased to start unless "run as administrator". I can see the window form for the application, but is goes away almost instantly. Task manager shows no process still running after that, so it goes away...
  8. Why is my computer is running so S-L-O-W?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is my computer is running so S-L-O-W?: All of a sudden, my computer is running so S-L-O-W? For example . . . In my Yahoo Mail, most messages won't open at all. And in my Movies, nothing will start? I did check my WiFi strength, and that's OK. Local stuff, like pictures are fine. But, if I have to go to the...
  9. Noises when running Edge Canary

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Noises when running Edge Canary: I was among the first to join the final customers of the new Edge Chromium in the Canary version. And, the truth is, it's going really well. But, I think we have to highlight what is still wrong, so that it must be improved and made of it, among all, the ultimate browser of...
  10. Firefox 69 on Windows 10 - extremely slow to start & facebook won't even run - Edge runs normal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firefox 69 on Windows 10 - extremely slow to start & facebook won't even run - Edge runs normal: The latest version of Firefox, 69.0.1, takes many minutes to start. Some websites will run on it, but facebook doesn't. In fact, windows 10 "locks up" if I try to run Firefox. I can't even open the Task Manager to stop the Firefox session or try to reboot the pc. I can't be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run firefox alongside edge