Windows 10: Edge search Change from Bing to Google

Discus and support Edge search Change from Bing to Google in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Changing search in settings ADVANCED when you click on the add new all lines are greyed out .What to do ,or what causes that?I DO Not like Bing 18806 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by duker, Aug 23, 2015.

1. duker Win User

Edge search Change from Bing to Google

Changing search in settings ADVANCED when you click on the add new all lines are greyed out .What to do ,or what causes that?I DO Not like Bing

:)

duker, Aug 23, 2015
  2. DONMS Win User

How to use Google to do searching with Bing as default & Google search added in the setup

I have kept the Bing browser as the default search engine in Edge. I have also added Google search engine as an alternate in the setup. I wanted to give the Edge/Bing search a fair try, so I thought I could get access to both Bing & Google search easily
    if I set it up this way. However when using the Edge search box w/wo Cortana it will do the searches using Bing as expected since this is the default but from this page I have not found a way to go from a Bing search to a Google search. Can you please help
    me?

DONMS, Aug 23, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Microsoft Edge missing

You are using Edge. Bing is the search engine. See if you can change the search to Google or Yahoo.

lacrumb, Aug 23, 2015
  4. wpcoe Win User

If I understand what you want, i.e. to add/change to a different default search provider (like Google), what seems to work is that you first have to use Edge to display that search engine's page, e.g. type in google.com in the address/search bar and let the page load. Then go back to the advanced settings and you should see Google as an option. Unless you actually go to the Google search page first, you can't use it in the settings. I read why, but have forgotten the details.

wpcoe, Aug 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Edge search Change from Bing to Google - Similar Threads - Edge search Change

2. Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions: I use Windows 10, and when I open Search it's cluttered with MS Edge and Bing suggestions. I already use Edge, and have been for quite awhile. I don't use Bing. I detest it. Is there some way I can remove those suggestions? The Search function doesn't even wait for me to...
  3. Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions: I use Windows 10, and when I open Search it's cluttered with MS Edge and Bing suggestions. I already use Edge, and have been for quite awhile. I don't use Bing. I detest it. Is there some way I can remove those suggestions? The Search function doesn't even wait for me to...
  4. Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. change start menu search from bing to google

in Cortana
    change start menu search from bing to google: when you open the windows 10 start menu and start typing it will search with Bing search provider I want to change this to google. also it will open edge and I want to disable this and use my own browser. how do I make these 2 options happen. I don't like bing and it gives...
  6. Win 10 change from Bing to Google

in Cortana
    Win 10 change from Bing to Google: How to change from Bing to Google and uninstall Bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-change-from-bing-to-google/c04f91b0-8a78-44de-851b-c56809180c47"
  7. cant change windows edge from bing to google

in Browsers and Email
    cant change windows edge from bing to google: how do i change my edge to google is my question.Also i did the upgrade but it also keep my old operating system and even though im administrator it wont allow me to remove it should i do a fresh install. 9682
  8. Google search for Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Google search for Edge: I have set Google as my search engine for Edge but when I launch Edge I get msn.com with the Bing. I have followed the tutorial and its not working. In settings under "search in the address bar with" it shows Google. Is it that you just use the address bar and it...
  9. can i change the search engine on edge from bing to yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    can i change the search engine on edge from bing to yahoo: can i change the search engine on edge from bing to yahoo and how do i do it ? 25583
  10. Edge not completely discarding Bing when changed to Google

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge not completely discarding Bing when changed to Google: After installing Win10 I changed my default search engine from Bing to Google (Settings, View advanced settings, etc). Edge now opens with Google for the first tab but any subsequent tabs revert back to Bing/MSN. This also happens, incidentally, with Internet Explorer. I...