Windows 10: Edge showing blank space and address bars, crash after few seconds

Discus and support Edge showing blank space and address bars, crash after few seconds in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I've got this weird problem with my Edge browser which is driving me crazy. So in the place where websites are supposed to show up I see nothing... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sa3er, Jun 25, 2017.

1. sa3er Win User

Edge showing blank space and address bars, crash after few seconds

Hi, I've got this weird problem with my Edge browser which is driving me crazy. So in the place where websites are supposed to show up I see nothing rather than a flat blank space while address bar and toolbar are visible and clickable. No matter what I do the browser automatically shut downs after a few seconds. Also when I type an address in the address bar and hit enter, nothing happens.

I already tried all available solutions on the internet, so please do not copy/paste or direct me to other pages. I've already tried them all and they are not working in my case.

I will send a screenshot along with the dump file and ProcMon log file (filtered to MicorosoftEdge). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Microsoft Windows Version 1703 OS Build 10.0.15063.138

Download dump file + ProcMon log file

:)

sa3er, Jun 25, 2017

2. Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge is not working in Windows 10.

This started a few weeks ago, The screen shows

blank, after a few seconds it crashes. Somebody

please help me with this issue.

SeeramDeonarine, Jun 25, 2017
  3. Microsoft Edge crashing since latest Windows 10 updates

Hmmn, typing WSReset.exe in the search bar brings up an option of "WSReset.exe run command" option. When chosen a new window opens with heading C:\windows\System32\WSReset.exe It shows a black blank window with nothing in it other than a flashing curser.
    If I <Return> on that, the windows store opens. MS Edge still crashes after 15-20 seconds

SteveMyers54, Jun 25, 2017
  4. torre Win User

torre, Jun 26, 2017
  5. sa3er Win User
    Thank you for your reply torre,

Yes, I'm afraid that was one of the first things I did. No luck. I was hoping experts like you could into the log/dump files and figure out where is that coming from.

sa3er, Jun 26, 2017
  6. torre Win User
    Bump to top for review by others.

No experience in comprehending log/dump files.

torre, Jun 26, 2017
  7. WillH Win User
    I have the same problem, but it occurred on both my Laptop and Desktop at exactly the same time, some 3 weeks ago.
    I applied all of the forum recommendations to resolve this but to no effect. I also restored a Reflect System backup from a time that Edge was working, but the problem persisted.
    I believe the issue lies with Microsoft somehow, and is not a problem with my computers, but have no idea how to go any further.
    I hope this info will help more experienced members give guidance.

WillH, Jun 27, 2017
  8. WillH Win User

The software program Rapport Trusteer seems to be the cause of the problem. Uninstalling this has let Edge operate properly.

WillH, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge showing blank space and address bars, crash after few seconds - Similar Threads - Edge showing blank

2. Microsoft Roblox crashing after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Roblox crashing after a few seconds.: After trying to open roblox it just stays at the "ROBLOX" screen for a few second then closes itself. On processes I saw windows problem reporting with the Roblox process. There were no error codes until I opened file location and tried running the Windows10Universal and it...
  3. Microsoft Roblox crashing after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Roblox crashing after a few seconds.: After trying to open roblox it just stays at the "ROBLOX" screen for a few second then closes itself. On processes I saw windows problem reporting with the Roblox process. There were no error codes until I opened file location and tried running the Windows10Universal and it...
  4. File explorer crash after few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer crash after few seconds: I have Windows 11 and my explorer crashes when you open it. It will last for just a couple of seconds then does nothing. I cant explore my files and I dont have an idea what cause of it. I need help on this....
  5. File explorer crash after few seconds

File explorer crash after few seconds: I have Windows 11 and my explorer crashes when you open it. It will last for just a couple of seconds then does nothing. I cant explore my files and I dont have an idea what cause of it. I need help on this....
  6. screen edges taskbar and microsoft edge's bar get extremely dark/black for few seconds

screen edges taskbar and microsoft edge's bar get extremely dark/black for few seconds: hi guysthis issue has been annoying me for a while now, it's not that i hate the, nope i actually love it, but it just keeps going on and off randomly, and honestly, it's scaring the **** out of me ! wondering if my gpu is dying ...basically i'm watching videos on yt or...
  7. Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started

in Windows 10 Support
    Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started: Recently I downloaded tenebrae setup, then ran that setup of course and then the setup created some folder that contains tenebrae.exe, Tenebrae_launch.exe and a folder called "tenebrae". Next to "tenebrae" folder, I created "id1" folder and then I put both pak0.pak and...
  8. Microsoft Edge crashing everytime I type in the search bar/address bar

Microsoft Edge crashing everytime I type in the search bar/address bar: Starting this afternoon, Edge has crashed every time I typed anything in the address bar or the search bar found on the New Tab page. I'd made no changes whatsoever to any settings. Also confirmed that it wasn't a RAM or disk space issue. I noticed that when I changed the...
  9. Problem with Edge address bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Edge address bar: When I input something there and click on Enter, it directs me to IP. And It doesn’t understand when I am typing. It is not the only problem. Windows Defender is not working as well...
  10. Mail and Calendar icon is blank, and the app crashes a few seconds after running.

Mail and Calendar icon is blank, and the app crashes a few seconds after running.: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Home 64-bit, in a Dell Inspiron, with Kaspersky Total Security antivirus. A few days ago, the Mail and Calendar app icons became blank, and now the applet crashes a few seconds after running it. I have tried uninstalling the antivirus, resetting...