Windows 10: Edge shows up in windows search but not Firefox

Discus and support Edge shows up in windows search but not Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue. When i press just the 'E' key in start menu search the Edge browser pops up and i can launch it with... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tonightwetaco, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Edge shows up in windows search but not Firefox

Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue.

When i press just the 'E' key in start menu search the Edge browser pops up and i can launch it with a mouse click or just pressing enter. I am unable to do this for Firefox and would like to fix this.

on a side note, i am able to make CCleaner appear n a start menu search but only when i fully type out "ccleaner". Strangely, if i completely type out "firefox" it still doesnt come up.

:)

tonightwetaco, Mar 17, 2018
  2. xtx15966 Win User

Problem Importing Bookmarks from Firefox into Win 10 Edge browser.

I'm sorry but your answer is not an answer. Read the question.

Windows Edge does not show Mozilla Firefox on the import a HTML bookmarks option. Only shows IE as browser option. I have my bookmarks in firefox - new computer, installed firefox and imported them via HTML file. Need edge to show Firefox as browser
    to import bookmarks from.

Firefox does NOT show up in Edge as a choice to import from.

So the link you are supplying is the same answer I keep getting also.

Ed

xtx15966, Mar 17, 2018
  3. NicoMaz Win User
    Start menu, Cortana, search, settings, store not working in Windows 10.

I fixed the problem that i couldn't find the task view icon. Apperently it wasn't showing xD. I still cant find edge and store icon and i still cannot figure out why windows update isn't working. I tryed searching up something with the search it said there
    was no internet but when i bing search it it opens up mozilla firefox.

Thank you

-Nico

NicoMaz, Mar 17, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Edge shows up in windows search but not Firefox

A lot depends on how frequently you launch an app by clicking on the search results. It learns from your behaviour and puts your frequent choices at the top of the list. I have to type 'ED' before Edge comes up, but just 'S' for snipping tool. Firefox is 'FI'.

Edge shows up in windows search but not Firefox [​IMG]

First, look at the All Apps list in Start and make sure Firefox is there. Then try rebuilding your index. Search doesn't actually 'search' as you type, it consults a pre-built index. One of the places indexing looks is the All Apps list (as long as the Start menu is included in indexing, that is).

Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10

It's 'CC' for me, try launching it a few more times from the search results.

Edit: since researching you problem, Firefox now comes up with just 'F'.

5. dalchina New Member
    Your results also become a lot better focussed if you select Apps (top left).
    Unfortunately you cannot choose a default priority in Cortana search (whereas you can in Classic Shell's search - a (discontinued) but still excellent Start Menu replacement). (Bree is probably chuckling at that).

dalchina, Mar 17, 2018
  6. thanks for helping!

yes Firefox shows up in my list of apps.

I rebuilt my index as well.

I cant really train Windows to launch FF from search if I cant search it. I can launch it just by looking down the list and have done so several times, it still hasnt learned anything.

7. noting comes up even if i select Apps view when searching

8. Bree New Member

As a last resort, you could try reinstalling Firefox, but I'd explore all other avenues first.

9. maybe its something in my privacy settings? I kinda locked it down and disabled Cortana. Maybe something cant check something?

10. Bree New Member
    There's a 'Search and Indexing' troubleshooter, try that.

11. it could not identify the problem

12. dalchina New Member
    You can check if Windows search is working relatively easily (Cortana search depends on that database).
    Open Indexing Options, note an indexed location and add one item to it. The number of items indexed should increment soon afterwards (unless there's significant CPU use).

Also note Start Menu and Users should be listed.

dalchina, Mar 17, 2018
  13. Edge shows up in windows search but not Firefox

going to tick everything and let it run and populate and hope for the best.

14. start menu is listed but not users

15. dalchina New Member
    Ah... though that said, I'd have thought start menu alone should have been enough.

dalchina, Mar 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge shows up in windows search but not Firefox - Similar Threads - Edge shows search

2. Can you get your Windows hacked by a Google,Firefox, or Edge Search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you get your Windows hacked by a Google,Firefox, or Edge Search?: This is a genuine question from me that I always ask myself. If I stay on the results page, am I safe? Is it likely or is it not? Sorry for all the questions but I have one more, how does it work if possible? Google , Firefox , and Edge...
  3. Icons not showing up in windows search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons not showing up in windows search: [ATTACH]I dont quite know what to do with this [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-showing-up-in-windows-search/e7b50d44-3213-4805-a83b-bb70016749bf
  4. Firefox search function

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox search function: I have my firefox homepage set up with the address bar etc across the top, bookmarks bar on the second line then nothing on the lower screen except the firefox name and emblem with my google search box under that. The only issue I have not been able to remedy is when I open...
  5. Replace Edge with Firefox`

in Browsers and Email
    Replace Edge with Firefox`: In "Settings" there are help links but they will not open with Firefox even though it is default; only with Edge; how do resolve this? 161986
  6. Replace Edge with Firefox`

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replace Edge with Firefox`: In "Settings" there are help links but they will not open with Firefox even though it is default; only with Edge; how do resolve this? 161986
  7. Firefox Bookmark Search

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Bookmark Search: When I open up the bookmark manager, and do a search, how can I tell which folder the bookmark is in? 157783
  8. Windows settings are not showing up on search

in Cortana
    Windows settings are not showing up on search: Hello, I just installed win10 today on my new SSD. But there is an issue I am facing on search. On my previous OS, when I search "Disk Management" it doesn't appear. Same for "Adjust ClearType text" and many things. Seeking for help....
  9. "Cortana & Search settings" not showing up in windows search

in Cortana
    "Cortana & Search settings" not showing up in windows search: I am trying to disable bing results when I search using the windows 10 search bar. Every article I have found saying how to do this says that I must search "cortana" in the search bar and click on the result that says "Cortana & Search settings". However, there is no result...
  10. Firefox not showing up in default apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firefox not showing up in default apps: I read the blog and it's fix, and I do not know what the guy actually is doing. See: Some firefox problems - Page 22 - Windows 10 Forums