Windows 10: Edge sometimes doesn't open when I click it

Discus and support Edge sometimes doesn't open when I click it in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Does anyone find Edge on rare occasions does not open? I have it pinned to the taskbar and on very, very rare instances nothing opens. It's a very easy... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Scottyboy99, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Edge sometimes doesn't open when I click it

Does anyone find Edge on rare occasions does not open? I have it pinned to the taskbar and on very, very rare instances nothing opens. It's a very easy remedy, either reboot or quicker still if I go into taskmanager and kill the edge process. Then if I click on the pinned taskbar for edge it opens just fine and happy browsing.

I must re-iterate replicating the issue is tough because it is quite rare. Happened yesterday and before that a couple weeks ago. So I'm thinking it's just an 'Edge' thing that happens from time to time.

:)

Scottyboy99, Dec 9, 2015

2. Why won't link copy?

With Microsoft Edge, recently I have had the problem of not getting a link to copy when I right-click instead of left-clicking, which will open a new tab when I don't want a new tab. Sometimes the link will copy and sometimes it won't. But it always works
    when I open a new tab.

KramdenAntiVirus, Dec 9, 2015
  3. Microsoft Edge not working

When I try to open Edge its supposed to open and stuff but in my case its not opening

Please help me i can't open it when i click on it, Edge doesn't even open

Julian Azzam, Dec 9, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Edge sometimes doesn't open when I click it

I have had it happen to me too, and used the same remedies as you.<--confirmation

Cliff S, Dec 9, 2015
  5. Thank you so much for the reply. Whilst it's annoying to have the glitch it is re-assuring to know it's not a problem with my own machine per se.

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge sometimes doesn't open when I click it

1. Edge sometimes doesn't open when I click it - Similar Threads - Edge sometimes doesn't

2. Extra pages opening when I click on a link or object

in Browsers and Email
    Extra pages opening when I click on a link or object: For instance, when I just clicked on the tab to post a new thread, the page popped up, but another page also opened. See screenshot. This one pops up frequently. Another that will open frequently is the second screenshot, but there's no rhyme or reason. I might click on a...
  3. Left click also right clicks sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left click also right clicks sometimes: If I hold left click, then sometimes, it right clicks as well. I'm only touching the left mouse button, and yes, my primary buttons aren't switched. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling most of my mouse drivers and restarting my PC. Please send help....
  4. Sometimes when I double click my shortcuts on my desktop the program doesn't open up....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sometimes when I double click my shortcuts on my desktop the program doesn't open up....: Sometimes when I double click my shortcuts on my desktop the program doesn't open up. Instead the properties window pops up, and when I click a link in any Browser it does'nt open and instead it downloads a shortcut of the link. and this happen to all shortcuts on Desktop and...
  5. sometimes when i click with my mousepad it goes to the windows button

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sometimes when i click with my mousepad it goes to the windows button: sometimes when I click with my mousepad it goes to the windows button I and I don't know how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-when-i-click-with-my-mousepad-it-goes-to/37aabfea-e037-465f-a20d-7d1a68037a5f
  6. Why microsoft store and it's apps doesn't open when i click it?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why microsoft store and it's apps doesn't open when i click it?: Why microsoft store and it's apps doesn't open when i click it? sometimes when i click it , it goes to usual logo only window on my screen, and then the window disappear . sometimes it just don't show me any sign that app even opening itself, in other word when i click it...
  7. MS Edge doesn't load internet explorer when you click on open with internet explorer? after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Edge doesn't load internet explorer when you click on open with internet explorer? after...: MS Edge doesn't load internet explorer when you click on open with internet explorer? after update, worked before update?...
  8. Can't click sometimes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click sometimes: I've started having a problem in the past couple of days where I'll be working just fine and all of the sudden I can no longer click on things. What's odd though is I can still double click to open folders on the Desktop, but once they're open I can't do anything with them. I...
  9. Edge appears when I click on it, then disappears immediately

in Browsers and Email
    Edge appears when I click on it, then disappears immediately: Edge appears when I click on it--or something does--then immediately disappears. Is there a way to reinstall it? or correct this behavior? I recently had huge problems with setting permissions and to solve them I restored to an earlier restore point. Thanks. 37488
  10. Microsoft Edge opens two pages when clicked on. I can only close one.

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge opens two pages when clicked on. I can only close one.: I have Microsoft Edge set to open a blank page when opened. When I click on it in the taskbar, two blank page Edge windows open. One closes with X but the other one only closes with Task Manager. How do I fix this? 49758

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why when i click on EDGE it doesnt want to start sometimes