Windows 10: Edge sometimes doesn't open when I click it

Discus and support Edge sometimes doesn't open when I click it in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Does anyone find Edge on rare occasions does not open? I have it pinned to the taskbar and on very, very rare instances nothing opens. It's a very easy... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Scottyboy99, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Edge sometimes doesn't open when I click it

Does anyone find Edge on rare occasions does not open? I have it pinned to the taskbar and on very, very rare instances nothing opens. It's a very easy remedy, either reboot or quicker still if I go into taskmanager and kill the edge process. Then if I click on the pinned taskbar for edge it opens just fine and happy browsing.

I must re-iterate replicating the issue is tough because it is quite rare. Happened yesterday and before that a couple weeks ago. So I'm thinking it's just an 'Edge' thing that happens from time to time.

:)

Scottyboy99, Dec 9, 2015

2. Why won't link copy?

With Microsoft Edge, recently I have had the problem of not getting a link to copy when I right-click instead of left-clicking, which will open a new tab when I don't want a new tab. Sometimes the link will copy and sometimes it won't. But it always works
    when I open a new tab.

KramdenAntiVirus, Dec 9, 2015
  3. Microsoft Edge not working

When I try to open Edge its supposed to open and stuff but in my case its not opening

Please help me i can't open it when i click on it, Edge doesn't even open

Julian Azzam, Dec 9, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Edge sometimes doesn't open when I click it

I have had it happen to me too, and used the same remedies as you.<--confirmation

Cliff S, Dec 9, 2015
  5. Thank you so much for the reply. Whilst it's annoying to have the glitch it is re-assuring to know it's not a problem with my own machine per se.

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge sometimes doesn't open when I click it

1. Edge sometimes doesn't open when I click it - Similar Threads - Edge sometimes doesn't

2. When I click on an open app on my Taskbar it doesn't open on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on an open app on my Taskbar it doesn't open on desktop: When I click on the Microsoft edge icon on the Taskbar it doesn't open on the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-an-open-app-on-my-taskbar-it/9bc7fc4c-6c95-4da1-875d-9a55557709da
  3. When I click on an open app on my Taskbar it doesn't open on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I click on an open app on my Taskbar it doesn't open on desktop: When I click on the Microsoft edge icon on the Taskbar it doesn't open on the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-an-open-app-on-my-taskbar-it/9bc7fc4c-6c95-4da1-875d-9a55557709da
  4. Edge doesn't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge doesn't open: When I click edge chrome opens. Chrome has been uninstalled from my computer, but it still opens. Edge doesn't open. I have been through a lengthy process with chat and edge opened. Later back to chrome. Can w10 be reinstalled?...
  5. Edge doesn't open

Edge doesn't open: When I click edge chrome opens. Chrome has been uninstalled from my computer, but it still opens. Edge doesn't open. I have been through a lengthy process with chat and edge opened. Later back to chrome. Can w10 be reinstalled?...
  6. Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click: As I stated above, when I right-click it acts as left-click but only sometimes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-when-i-right-click-it-acts-as-left-click/09ca8885-9870-425e-a902-eb680bba6d6b
  7. Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click: As I stated above, when I right-click it acts as left-click but only sometimes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-when-i-right-click-it-acts-as-left-click/09ca8885-9870-425e-a902-eb680bba6d6b
  8. Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click

9. Mouse doesn't click sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse doesn't click sometimes: I have an issue with my mouse where it won't click sometimes, unless I ctrl+alt+delete+esc. But when I hop on a game if functions fine. Can anybody help me please? I also recently rebooted my pc recently and this has been happening before I did it....
  10. Sometimes when I double click my shortcuts on my desktop the program doesn't open up....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sometimes when I double click my shortcuts on my desktop the program doesn't open up....: Sometimes when I double click my shortcuts on my desktop the program doesn't open up. Instead the properties window pops up, and when I click a link in any Browser it does'nt open and instead it downloads a shortcut of the link. and this happen to all shortcuts on Desktop and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why when i click on EDGE it doesnt want to start sometimes