Windows 10: Edge sometimes moves a tab to a new window. Why?

Discus and support Edge sometimes moves a tab to a new window. Why? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there some way that I can stop Edge from moving a tab to a new window when I click on the tab? I have not been able to work out what I am doing... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by vivski, Nov 19, 2015.

1. vivski Win User

Edge sometimes moves a tab to a new window. Why?

Is there some way that I can stop Edge from moving a tab to a new window when I click on the tab? I have not been able to work out what I am doing differently when this happens. Usually it just shows the tab when I click on it, but it is very frustrating to have my tab moved when I did not want it to. I have looked in settings but cannot see anything related.

Could it be to do with using the pen of a Wacom Intuos tablet?

:)

vivski, Nov 19, 2015

2. Why doesn't EDGE automatically go to a new tab when you right click & pick Open In New Tab on phones or PCs?

We all obviously want to go see it but we also want to leave what's open open. Internet Explorer has always had a Setting at Tools > Internet Options on the General tab after clicking the TABS button and down in the TABBED BROWSING section that has
    said ALWAYS SWITCH TO NEW TABS WHEN THEY ARE CREATED.

On my Nokia Lumia 950-XL, I see it swirling the tab icon down in the lower left as it creates the new tab and starts downloading the page but then I need to manually do stuff to go see it. Why make a user do that?

Did the EDGE Windows 10 Desktop & Mobile design staff & management not get the memo or read all of the user polls?

I'll add this in the Internet Explorer category forum since there isn't any EDGE forum listed yet for some reason. That's weird.

I mean for this to apply to the forums of both normal computers and Windows phones like my Nokia Lumia 950-XL with is my 2nd. My first was a Lumia 635.

I don't see a choice of EDGE as a Category for this Discussion, which is totally weird, so I'll just stick it in Internet Explorer.

Edge sometimes moves a tab to a new window. Why? [​IMG]

Jeff A. Davis, Nov 19, 2015
  3. BeckyLM Win User
    Attempting to open a new tab in existing Edge session causes entire browser to close

We did this, I spent hours on the computer with a tech. He was unable to fix the issue, but it seems to have been resolved on it's own. The problem is no longer happening, but absolutely nothing was changed.

BeckyLM, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

Edge sometimes moves a tab to a new window. Why?

1. Edge sometimes moves a tab to a new window. Why? - Similar Threads - Edge sometimes moves

2. Sometime Microsoft Edge, open new tab in other tab, but can not click back to previous page?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometime Microsoft Edge, open new tab in other tab, but can not click back to previous page?: Sometime Microsoft Edge, open new tab in other tab, but can not click back to previous page?Just feedback!Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometime-microsoft-edge-open-new-tab-in-other-tab/1eddc0fd-19b5-4d60-9038-326661d64070
  3. Sometime Microsoft Edge, open new tab in other tab, but can not click back to previous page?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometime Microsoft Edge, open new tab in other tab, but can not click back to previous page?: Sometime Microsoft Edge, open new tab in other tab, but can not click back to previous page?Just feedback!Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometime-microsoft-edge-open-new-tab-in-other-tab/1eddc0fd-19b5-4d60-9038-326661d64070
  4. MS Edge NEW TAB Content

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Edge NEW TAB Content: I keep "Hiding" news feeds that I consider left wing propaganda, but they keep coming back, sites like CNN and its ilk. How can I make this "hide" option permanent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-edge-new-tab-content/f1e20e7f-1b44-45c2-8bd7-7bcfdc0eeec2
  5. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  6. Change New Tab in Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Change New Tab in Edge Chromium: In Edge Chromium, when I click on a new tab, can I have it go to Google instead of Bing? 157181
  7. MS Edge New Tab Blank

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MS Edge New Tab Blank: Have set new tabs to show recent sites, but new tabs are only blank. Was working until recently. Have toggled settings, restart edge, restart windows all without luck. Edge v44.18362.449 on Windows 1909, Feb. cumulative updates. Dell 9365 laptop. submitted by /u/Bioman52...
  8. When moving tabs in Edge they can disappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When moving tabs in Edge they can disappear: I use Edge browser but encountered an annoying issue. When I move tabs to a new window in YouTube to watch a video while doing other things and then try to move it back to the main browser where I have other opened tabs, the tab which I want to move disappears but the audio...
  9. New tab automatically moves to top

in Windows 10 Customization
    New tab automatically moves to top: In previous versions of Windows, there was an option to set that the new tab goes on top. Is there a setup on Windows 10 that does bring the tab to the top? Thank you...
  10. Ms edge new tab page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge new tab page.: In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this. Henry Attachment 95508 59826

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge moves to a new window

2. edge tab moves new window