Windows 10: Edge/StartMenu not working possible fix.

Discus and support Edge/StartMenu not working possible fix. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This might be odd but I been fighting lack of Edge, Start menu,ect on and off, nothing seems to work not DSIM,SFC, reset apps or windose updates but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZippyDSMlee, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Edge/StartMenu not working possible fix.

This might be odd but I been fighting lack of Edge, Start menu,ect on and off, nothing seems to work not DSIM,SFC, reset apps or windose updates but resetting permission/ownership of my user folder, appdata folder, and local/locallow/roaming fodlers to make sure it stuck did the trick instantly, which surprised me.

Anyone else notice this?

Using TakeownershipEX BTW.

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Oct 7, 2016
  2. TinaHdk Win User

Solved: Win10: Displays does not enter sleep mode at all

Good news - and bad news:

Now the Powersave function works on the monitors.

But:

Now it is NOT possible to access the Startmenu and Edge only opens a window and closes it immediatly.

Suggestions?

TinaHdk, Oct 7, 2016
  3. Ashe80 Win User
    Microsoft Edge freezes after hibernate

My current situation. On the last day possible I did a rollback to 8.1 but something was not working fine. Whole startmenu was not available, but the taskbar. So I did another update to windows 10 and then I forced the November update (did not want to wait
    for another 30days).

Since this I did not recognize freezes any more.

Not sure if this is a general solution but my windows 10 is working better now.

Since a week no freezes in edge or nextgen reader.

Ashe80, Oct 7, 2016
Thema:

Edge/StartMenu not working possible fix.

1. Edge/StartMenu not working possible fix. - Similar Threads - Edge StartMenu working

2. Windows 11 Startmenu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Startmenu: Microsoft what you done, another mess up again. We have been using the start menu layout on our windows 10 devices which working all fine. We have deployed few windows 11 machine and now its not same.If a user pins their own apps while we have MDM policy in place to pins some...
  3. Icons not showing in startmenu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons not showing in startmenu: Like title, some icons aren't showing in the start menu, I've tried following a few guides that suggest deleting "IconCache.db" however this simply doesn't exist on my computer, I've also tried following the guide below but to no...
  4. No entries in the startmenu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No entries in the startmenu: Hello!After installing programs, they don't appear in the startmenu. However, they are installed and I can add them manually to the desktop.Is there a way to re-create all startmenu entries?I even reinstalled Windows 11, but the issue persists.Thank you!...
  5. No entries in the startmenu

No entries in the startmenu: Hello!After installing programs, they don't appear in the startmenu. However, they are installed and I can add them manually to the desktop.Is there a way to re-create all startmenu entries?I even reinstalled Windows 11, but the issue persists.Thank you!...
  6. Startmenu not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startmenu not opening: Ever since Windows 10 came out I've had the issue of my startmenu not opening. I've been through 4 PC's since it was released and all have had this issue. Why can't they just have such an important part of the OS working? This issue comes and goes, sometimes a reboot will...
  7. Repair icons in the StartMenu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Repair icons in the StartMenu?: I disconnected my D: unit, and reconnect more later, and all programs installed in D: lost their icon in the start menu. Any fix? https://imgur.com/VTkIIuQ submitted by /u/FSFRS [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 Startmenu Tiles showing "down arrow" POSSIBLE SOLUTION

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Startmenu Tiles showing "down arrow" POSSIBLE SOLUTION: Hi everyone, many of this discussions were locked so I couldn't answer. I've ran into the problem with a specific domain user on a fresh installed Windows 10 1809. Where some of the tiles e.g. MSN Weather didn't show up and got a down-arrow. All availlable Windows Updates...
  9. Startmenu (left)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startmenu (left): Hello! Is there any way that the start menu opens like this always? (Want the Windows 10 start menu to show the expanded start menu) [img] 125495
  10. edge not lauch and working,my in my startmenu apps not launch and working

edge not lauch and working,my in my startmenu apps not launch and working: my microft edge not lauch and working,my in my startmenu apps not launch and working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/-/284117fb-d4a3-4361-846c-e47007499f9b