Windows 10: Edge startup page does not work

Discus and support Edge startup page does not work in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The Edge startup page ("top sites and suggested content") only shows a blank screen - see below Startup page worked immediately after Win10 update.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cubsfan, Aug 7, 2015.

1. cubsfan Win User

Edge startup page does not work

The Edge startup page ("top sites and suggested content") only shows a blank screen - see below
    Startup page worked immediately after Win10 update.

On 8/1/15 MS tech ran CCCleaner in failed attempt to solve anti-virus notification errors, and since this, I have not been able to bring up this content.

I have tried changing Edge settings (for new tab and "open with") without success.

I don't know if CCCleaner deleted a needed file or if it changed a hidden setting.
    Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Edge startup page does not work [​IMG]

:)

cubsfan, Aug 7, 2015

2. How do I remove MSN newsfeed from edge startup?

The answer you give does not address the problem. The problem at startup is that Microsoft Edge connects to Bing or MSN or sometimes a blank page at startup. I want to know how to stop Microsoft Edge at Startup displaying any webpage. My computer never
    connected to a web browser of any kind at start-up before. Your solution only changes the start up page to a page saying Approximately "It cannot connect to the site" mssconnect.com etc..

Mike Corkill, Aug 7, 2015
  3. microsoft edge startup page not working

Microsoft ... So what is the solution ... Why can't this problem be resolved OR Have a working solution ... The solution given is very "a shot in the dark" ... And does not work ... What is the definite solution - A SOLUTION which will Work !!!!!!!!!!!!

NeelChandra, Aug 7, 2015
  4. CmmTch Win User

First thought that came to mind was system restore for a date immediately before the CCCleaner event, provided there is a restore point before that time.

Check this tutorial, System Restore Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Brink has created a great resource with the tutorials.

Good luck *Smile

CmmTch, Aug 8, 2015
  5. cubsfan Win User
    Thanks Steve,
    excellent idea -- worked!

cubsfan, Aug 8, 2015
  6. CmmTch Win User
    Glad to hear it worked, and thanks for posting back that the problem is fixed.

CmmTch, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge startup page does not work - Similar Threads - Edge startup page

2. MS Edge startup page cannot be changed after 21H1

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Edge startup page cannot be changed after 21H1: Hi ALL, I just got updated to 21H1 and all is ok except i now find that when starting MS Edge instead of going to the page I've specified (news.google.com) it starts up at the MS Start page. If I click on the Home icon it does go to the page I want but not when Edge starts...
  3. pc startup and edge home page

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc startup and edge home page: i keep on getting this error message poping up on my computer when i start it up vm8SdnJJB and when i go on my microsoft edge home page it put my screen in a white blank.what is this and how do i get rid of it...
  4. Why does Edge automatically exits a page?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Edge automatically exits a page?: After logging into certain pages, Edge exits. For example, I log into my account at Navyfederal.com, it goes to the next screen and then Edge automatically exits back to the log in screen. This is a new computer with new windows 10/edge....
  5. Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup

in Browsers and Email
    Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup: I did something to my computer and now every time I wake it up from sleep it automatically launches a Bing page on Edge that appears to be set to a search for the screen image that was on the startup page. It never did this before so I must have inadvertently changed...
  6. Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup: I did something to my computer and now every time I wake it up from sleep it automatically launches a Bing page on Edge that appears to be set to a search for the screen image that was on the startup page. It never did this before so I must have inadvertently changed...
  7. Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge: Hello, I have set Microsoft Edge to open with a blank page. However when I set the option to open new tabs with a blank page, it continues to open MSN.com. I have gone to the Edge Menu (3 dots) > Settings > Open New Tabs With , then I have selected "a blank page". Yet time...
  8. Edge Jumping to Startup Page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Jumping to Startup Page: Occasionally I minimize Edge browser and when I maximize it, it jumps from the web page I was on when minimized to Edge start up page. I have Bing designated as start up when Edge opened. Any thoughts? 115735
  9. Microsoft Edge Startup Page Profile Picture

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Startup Page Profile Picture: Hi, The upper right profile picture on the default Startup Page of Microsoft Edge doesn't update. It keeps displaying the first profile picture I used when I installed Windows 10. Maybe it's a detail for most of the people but being a nitpicker, and not being given any...
  10. Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge: How to: Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge How to Change Microsoft Edge Startup Page in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the...