Windows 10: Edge, Store and Feedback not connecting in Build 18204

Discus and support Edge, Store and Feedback not connecting in Build 18204 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I just joined the Skip Ahead Insider Preview and installed Build 18204. I was excited about the reset of Skip Ahead since I was on the Fast Ring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Schism082, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Schism082 Win User

Edge, Store and Feedback not connecting in Build 18204

Hello, I just joined the Skip Ahead Insider Preview and installed Build 18204. I was excited about the reset of Skip Ahead since I was on the Fast Ring before. My problem is, Edge doesn't connect to the internet. When I open it starts fine but says it "Hmmm...can’t reach this page." My other browsers work fine. Also, Store and Feedback say they can't connect to the Internet either. Edge worked fine on Build 17704. I don't want to rollback since I just got on Skip Ahead. I've searched the Internet for similar problems and tried a lot. I tried resetting and repairing Edge. Reinstalling through Powershell...
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}.
    Using Group Policy Editor "Allow deployment operations in special profiles. " Nothing works. I can wait til the next update and see if that fixes it, but would like to try to get it working now. Edge is my favorite browser (I have Chrome and Firefox.) Has anyone heard of this problem? With Builds after 17704? I know it's a preview so there will be bugs, but I never have problems. When's the enxt Skip Ahead build coming out? Please reply. Thanks

:)

Schism082, Jul 27, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Windows Store, Microsoft Edge

Hi,

This error code might appear when the system failed to connect to Windows Store. It might be caused by a third-party software or program that prevents accessing default applications. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows Store and Microsoft Edge. For your reference, check this
    article on how to run the troubleshooter for Microsoft Edge. Follow these steps on how to perform
    the troubleshooter for Windows Store:

• On Cortana search, type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the list.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Windows, select Windows Store Apps.
    • Click on Next, then follow the instructions.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jul 27, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge, Store and Feedback not connecting in Build 18204 - Similar Threads - Edge Store Feedback

2. Microsoft store and Feedback hub

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store and Feedback hub: My feedback hub and microsoft store wont open. i tried to reset feedback hub in settings apps and feature, but it just resets for hours. it wont even like open the app and close, they both just refuse to open. anyone have any idea?...
  3. Microsoft store and feedback hub won't connect to internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store and feedback hub won't connect to internet: I'm having trouble launching the microsoft store and the feedback hub. when I try to open microsoft store, it opens tries to load then says "Try that again, page could not be loaded" and gives me the option to report the problem or refresh the page, at the bottom of the page...
  4. Win 10 Edge and Feedback Hub will not connect to Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Edge and Feedback Hub will not connect to Internet: Hi - Just recently updated to Win 10 Pro - all ok. All my existing browsers Chrome and Firefox access the internet OK - as does the Windows Update. However, MS Edge and the Feedback Hub refuse to access the net. I can access my MS Account through my legacy browsers but...
  5. Edge BETA feedback question

in Browsers and Email
    Edge BETA feedback question: Edge BETA browser I want to include a screenshot in the feedback area. I already sent one screenshot, but now I want to send a different screenshot, but I can not figure out how to clear the current picture. Edit only lets me crop it. How do I do it? 145928
  6. Edge BETA feedback question

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge BETA feedback question: Edge BETA browser I want to include a screenshot in the feedback area. I already sent one screenshot, but now I want to send a different screenshot, but I can not figure out how to clear the current picture. Edit only lets me crop it. How do I do it? 145928
  7. Windows Store / Edge will not connect to internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store / Edge will not connect to internet: I'm getting error 0x80072EFD and 0x80131500 in Windows Store and Microsoft Edge also refuses to connect to website but everything else works fine (Chrome, Firefox). I upgraded to Windows 10 1809 before it got pulled. I tried all the helps out there (don't use a proxy,...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 18204 Backup (Windows 7) fails.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 18204 Backup (Windows 7) fails.: [ATTACH] Hi. This is my second problem on Disc G: the external drive where I save Backups. Previously I 've been received the error message "Access denied", now solved. But, actually, I'm unable to finalize any kind of Backup or System Image. Thank you in advance for...
  9. Windows Store, Edge, Feedback Hub won't connect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Store, Edge, Feedback Hub won't connect: Network connection is fine for desktop apps, but fails to connect for Edge, Windows Store and the Feedback Hub Network connections show as connected Network connections troubleshooters finds no fail Windows app troubleshooter thinks cache is corrupted, but resetting it...
  10. Here’s what’s fixed and broken in latest Windows 10 Build 18204

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s what’s fixed and broken in latest Windows 10 Build 18204: Microsoft today released its first Windows 10 preview build for the Redstone 6 Branch now known as 19H1 for Insiders enrolled in the Skip Ahead Ring. Microsoft has now opened the Skip Ahead Ring since the upcoming Windows 10 release RS5 will soon be available for public in...