Windows 10: Edge to get background downloading (mobile)

Discus and support Edge to get background downloading (mobile) in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This could be a handy feature on the mobile version of Edge, would like to see this appear on other apps also When it comes to mobile browsing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by paulsalter, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Edge to get background downloading (mobile)

This could be a handy feature on the mobile version of Edge, would like to see this appear on other apps also

When it comes to mobile browsing, there are some who want no limits, including the background downloading of files. Although for many this option is of minimal concern, for others it is a highly requested feature. Therefore, questions about what Microsoft next-gen browser – Microsoft Edge – will and will not support is of vital interest.
    Back in April, the Microsoft Edge team (known previously as Project Spartan), answered that background downloading was "not currently planned" for Windows 10 Mobile, but they were interested in feedback on the matter.
    Today, that answer appears to have shifted to background downloading is in the works. However, you should not expect this feature immediately.

http://www.windowscentral.com/micros...ound-downloads

:)

paulsalter, Jun 21, 2015
  2. 2bil Win User

Mobile Edge update 09/12/2017 kills Pandora

Pandora will no longer play in background after forced update to Edge in Windows 10 Mobile 09/12/2017

3. Ringtone Downloading Issues

I am getting the same error, too. I happens whenever I try to download themes, backgrounds and games, as well as ringtones, from the Windows Mobile website. It appears as though I get this error when I attempt to download anything from the Windows Mobile
    webiste.

Arky McCarthy, Jun 21, 2015
Thema:

Edge to get background downloading (mobile)

1. Edge to get background downloading (mobile) - Similar Threads - Edge background downloading

2. How to stop getting downloads from Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop getting downloads from Edge: I have multiple Downloads from Edge and a file from there are multiple download that I have no idea about them and how they got there in File Explorer can I delete them? and how to stop from happening again? The bottom here ' Microsoft word online ' is the file and from the...
  3. How to stop getting downloads from Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop getting downloads from Edge: I have multiple Downloads from Edge and a file from there are multiple download that I have no idea about them and how they got there in File Explorer can I delete them? and how to stop from happening again? The bottom here ' Microsoft word online ' is the file and from the...
  4. How to stop getting downloads from Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. background downloads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    background downloads: i have data caps, so i have metered connection turned on for windows 10, but so far this month windows downloaded almost 10 gigs in the background, im assuming it was windows 11, since i have the this computer isnt compatible with windows 11 thing showing up on windows update...
  6. Edge running in background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge running in background: Since first getting this Lenovo desktop both Internet Explorer and Edge have caused my screen to go black as soon as they opened. This wasn't much of a problem as there are other browsers... The last two years no problems, but from about March and forward every time Win 10...
  7. How to get colored the background of the Top-Sites in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to get colored the background of the Top-Sites in Edge?: Hello together, I use Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0 and mostly the background color of the Top-Sites is white like here: [img] Sometimes, it is really rare, they are colored like yesterday, but only for a short time: [img] Does anyone know, why it is like this? I...
  8. downloading in the background?

downloading in the background?: Hello. I keep seeing my gigs being used even though I am not doing anything on my computer. I have already done the following: 1. Shut off background apps 2. Turned off automatic download of apps 3. Turned off live tiles 4. Turned off automatic updates for my...
  9. Edge running in background

Edge running in background: Why is Microsoft Edge running in the background? Is this necessary or a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/edge-running-in-background/3f945703-6d88-4779-a8c2-e5ff74accc2e
  10. Edge default background colors

in Browsers and Email
    Edge default background colors: Is there any way to change the colors of edge other than 'light' (which I have selected) or 'dark'? My favorites bar turns dark/black and I can not even see the favorites I have pinned there. *Shock See pic > [img] 8058