Windows 10: Edge Uninstall?

Discus and support Edge Uninstall? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi All, I was wondering if there is a way to uninstall Edge without breaking W 10. I have been able to uninstall some things that I don't use, like... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mimart7, Jul 30, 2015.

1. mimart7 Win User

Edge Uninstall?

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a way to uninstall Edge without breaking W 10. I have been able to uninstall some things that I don't use, like IE 11, the new Media Player.

:)

mimart7, Jul 30, 2015

2. Edge keeps crashing

That does not work for me. I tried it several times.

RonCheney1, Jul 30, 2015
  3. bavalde Win User
    How to Resolve Microsoft Edge crashing to desktop

Hi,

I'm having the same experience, i.e. Edge crashes approx 5-20 after launch. Every time.

This is on AU (14393.10 Enterprise).

The "fix" suggested above (ie re-create a new user etc) is a rather ugly hack.

I'd rather not do it to be honest. Are there any other ways to fix this?

I've not seen this crash on any of the recent pre-AU Insider builds of Edge...

Baffled.

BR Bjørn

bavalde, Jul 30, 2015
  4. AlanWade Win User

Edge Uninstall?

I Think you will find that Edge is intregated with Windows, but if you dont like it just make your favorite browser the default and problem solved *Smile

AlanWade, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    I am not sure about Edge. Just don't use it as AlamWade suggested.

6. If you use Outlook 2010 and IE 11 well you cant it will only open links in browsers other than IE 11 so WOULD like to uninstall Edge if thewres a solution to this.

woldsweather, Dec 18, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Edge is integrated into the OS just like IE used to be with the previous versions of Windows and it can't be uninstalled and if you did find a way it might make the OS very unstable.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Dec 18, 2015
  8. LMiller7 Win User

Edge Uninstall?

It probably is possible to physically remove Edge from Windows 10. But how or if it could be done isn't the real issue. The issue is in what state will the OS be after this is done. What important functionality will be lost? The details of how Edge are integrated into the system are not documented outside of Microsoft. When you start ripping out portions of the OS that were never designed to be removed you must accept that things may break. Considering the minimal disk space savings I wouldn't take the chance.

LMiller7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge Uninstall?

1. Edge Uninstall? - Similar Threads - Edge Uninstall

2. i uninstalled edge from settings because there was san uninstall option and thats usually...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i uninstalled edge from settings because there was san uninstall option and thats usually...: when i go to the microsoft store and search edge it shows already installed. And when i try to download it form google it says my laptop doesnt meet the inimum hardware requirement. but my laptop isnt even that bad. it has an intel i-5 1135g7 8gb ram...
  3. i uninstalled edge from settings because there was san uninstall option and thats usually...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i uninstalled edge from settings because there was san uninstall option and thats usually...: when i go to the microsoft store and search edge it shows already installed. And when i try to download it form google it says my laptop doesnt meet the inimum hardware requirement. but my laptop isnt even that bad. it has an intel i-5 1135g7 8gb ram...
  4. Uninstall microsoft edge update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall microsoft edge update: I used to be a big fan of Microsoft Edge and it was my go-to browser. However, I'm disappointed with the recent update. They've removed useful features like "Define" and added unnecessary ones like Ask Co-Pilot when right-clicking after selecting text. We already have...
  5. Uninstall microsoft edge update

Uninstall microsoft edge update: I used to be a big fan of Microsoft Edge and it was my go-to browser. However, I'm disappointed with the recent update. They've removed useful features like "Define" and added unnecessary ones like Ask Co-Pilot when right-clicking after selecting text. We already have...
  6. Uninstall microsoft edge update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. This Windows file controls the uninstallation of Edge, Web Search and other features

in Windows 10 News
    This Windows file controls the uninstallation of Edge, Web Search and other features: Microsoft plans to introduce fundamental changes to its Windows 10 and 11 operating systems in the coming months. Two of the main changes allow users to uninstall Microsoft Edge and Web Search from the operating system. Downside is that these changes will become available for...
  8. How to uninstall usless microsoft edge permanently, I have successfully uninstalled it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall usless microsoft edge permanently, I have successfully uninstalled it...: My pc runs better withiut this garbage cluttering it up. Its really pissing me off that I cant use my own piece of technology as I see fit...
  9. How to uninstall usless microsoft edge permanently, I have successfully uninstalled it...

How to uninstall usless microsoft edge permanently, I have successfully uninstalled it...: My pc runs better withiut this garbage cluttering it up. Its really pissing me off that I cant use my own piece of technology as I see fit...
  10. Can’t remove or uninstall Extensions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t remove or uninstall Extensions in Microsoft Edge: [IMG]Some users have reported that they can’t remove or uninstall extensions in their Microsoft Edge browser on Windows 11/10. While some users found a suspicious “Apps” name extension that is added in the browser without their knowledge, which they can’t remove, others found...