Windows 10: Edge unresponsive after reboot but responsive after reopen

Discus and support Edge unresponsive after reboot but responsive after reopen in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, Im running windows 10 pro with the latest creators update. I didnt have any problems but suddenly and it was before updating to the latest... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ocelot, Jul 10, 2017.

1. ocelot Win User

Edge unresponsive after reboot but responsive after reopen

Hi,

Im running windows 10 pro with the latest creators update.
    I didnt have any problems but suddenly and it was before updating to the latest version of windows my edge is unresponsive after rebooting my system.

When I open edge after a reboot I can use the menus and scroll. When I load YouTube I can see the videos and scroll but cant open any of them I have to close edge and reopen it to fix the problem.

I made a reset, deleted edge and reinstalled, used ccleaner but the issue is not resolved.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Im not sure if it is related to my new gpu but I think the issue occurred after installing my msi 1080ti gpu but im not 100% sure....other than that no changes in my system.

Thanks!

:)

ocelot, Jul 10, 2017
  2. B.Mar Win User

Microsoft Edge latest problems

These are the problems after the last update: Upon opening it and loading a webpage, the page setting is magnified and unresponsive. The first tab has to always be closed so as to reopen a responsive and normal setting tab. After browsing for awhile, the
    tab reloads itself automatically. There are even pages that it would constantly reload automatically every 5 seconds.

Moved from Insider

***Post moved to the appropriate forum category, and subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

B.Mar, Jul 10, 2017
  3. Adobe Flash for Edge

I did all that on the response before I posted my question. It was already selected to on. I even turned it off closed Edge. Reopened Edge turned back on closed Edge reopened and tried my video again and still no video.

LeeChauvin, Jul 10, 2017
Thema:

Edge unresponsive after reboot but responsive after reopen

1. Edge unresponsive after reboot but responsive after reopen - Similar Threads - Edge unresponsive reboot

2. After the latest Windows 11 update my folders won't automatically reopen after a reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After the latest Windows 11 update my folders won't automatically reopen after a reboot: Hi,Ever since the latest update my folders don't reopen automatically after a restart. I have to open each of them again manually after each restart, although the "Restore previous folder windows at logon" box is ticked.. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?The two...
  3. After the latest Windows 11 update my folders won't automatically reopen after a reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After the latest Windows 11 update my folders won't automatically reopen after a reboot: Hi,Ever since the latest update my folders don't reopen automatically after a restart. I have to open each of them again manually after each restart, although the "Restore previous folder windows at logon" box is ticked.. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?The two...
  4. A way to reopen previously running programs after rebooting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A way to reopen previously running programs after rebooting: Hi, Is it possible to reopen programs I was running after shutting down my PC? I have some PDF files, Reference software (Mendeley) with multiple tabs open and also multiple file explorer paths (multiple browser tabs too, but this is easily retrievable). Would like to get...
  5. Reopen Apps after reboot/update etc

in Windows 10 Support
    Reopen Apps after reboot/update etc: I'm looking at possibly coming back from OS X to Win10. (1909 I believe) I've reset my Win10 machine & am setting back up, but one of the things I really like about OS X is when I have to reboot, all of my Apps that are active on my system, all reopen automatically, on the...
  6. Unresponsiveness After Update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unresponsiveness After Update?: This has been happening for a few days now: I believe after I've installed the April 2019 update for Windows 10, there are times where my computer will become unresponsive the first time I boot it up. By that, I mean it doesn't freeze up or anything, but whenever I click on...
  7. Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot

in Browsers and Email
    Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot: Microsoft Edge browser was reopening many windows and tabs over the past week whenever there was a reboot. On the last reboot it failed to open all of the windows and tabs. Control + shift + tab failed to open the web pages. What is the method to view the history and have it...
  8. Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Reopening all Microsoft Edge windows and tabs after reboot: Microsoft Edge browser was reopening many windows and tabs over the past week whenever there was a reboot. On the last reboot it failed to open all of the windows and tabs. Control + shift + tab failed to open the web pages. What is the method to view the history and have it...
  9. Edge non-responsive after Creators Update

in Browsers and Email
    Edge non-responsive after Creators Update: Edge is unresponsive after the Creators Update (opens to blank page, Home button won't work and can't even type anything in address bar). Most hamburger menu items on right work except New Window and Zoom and extensions lost. All previous settings like Home page, Save...
  10. Website not responsive on Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Website not responsive on Edge: For some stupid reason my clients website does not load properly on Edge. This is their website: Waterproofing Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Grimsby St. Catharines. The banner image always gets cropped out. I don't see the issue in Chrome/Safari/Firefox. Can someone...