Windows 10: Edge url bar wont stay viewable?

Discus and support Edge url bar wont stay viewable? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So I like Edge but hate the fact that the url address bar doesn't stay active at all. You have to click where the bar is to turn it on. That's so... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by BRKING, Aug 4, 2015.

1. BRKING Win User

Edge url bar wont stay viewable?

So I like Edge but hate the fact that the url address bar doesn't stay active at all. You have to click where the bar is to turn it on. That's so backwards. Is there a way to set it to always stay on?

:)

BRKING, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Linney Win User

Edge Fails to load web pages

Microsoft Edge wont stay open

Microsoft Edge wont stay open - Windows 10 Forums

Microsoft Edge reset option?

Microsoft Edge reset option?

What happens if you create and test with another Windows user rather than your current user?

Create a user account Windows 8.1 or 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-au

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929135

Linney, Aug 4, 2015
  3. The Url bar in Microsoft Edge is Not visable when I open Microsoft Edge each time

HI I am having a small issue. When I double click on the Microsoft Edge browser their is no Url bar at the top of the browser until I click my right mouse button in the top of the homepage then the url bar will appear across the top of the browser window.
    When I exit out of the Microsoft Edge browser and double click again on the Microsoft edge browser and it goes back into the browser once again the url bar is hidden once again from view until I once again go to the top of the browser window and click my right
    mouse button and the url bar will once again show up and stay visible for the whole time while I am in the browser until I exit out of the Microsoft Edge browser once again. What I would like to now is their a setting within Microsoft Edge browser that would
    make my url bar stay visible at the top of the browser windows permanently. If their is a setting or away to do this please feel free to explain in detail how to fix this issue please.

thanks very much for your help witch is always appreciated: Some imformation that might be helpful is below:

Windows 10 Home edition

64 bit operating system

Version: 1511

OS Build: 10586.36

Ps: This is what my system is currently updated to.

Howard_35_78, Aug 4, 2015
  4. CmmTch Win User

Mine is there all the time, if I move the cursor into it then it becomes white, otherwise it's dark (I have tenforums set to dark) I also have Edge set to dark

Attachment 28493

CmmTch, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Edge url bar wont stay viewable? - Similar Threads - Edge url bar

2. NumLk wont stay on

in Windows 10 Customization
    NumLk wont stay on: I have a windows 10 Dell Vostro machine. Problem is the NumLk setting wont stay "on", and during the day the numeric key pad cannot be used. Is there some way to keep it on permanently, maybe using the Registry to that effect, or by executing some macro at startup which will...
  3. Xbox Game Bar wont stay active

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Game Bar wont stay active: Good Morning, Ive been trying to use my hotkey for the xbox game bar and noticed everytime i tab it on and close out and go back to it, it never stays on and i dont know what to do. can someone help me please...
  4. How to display full URL in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to display full URL in Edge?: I have disabled 2 flags, but it seems to work only on some webpages, not on http? Code: #edge-omnibox-ui-hide-steady-state-url-scheme #edge-omnibox-ui-hide-steady-state-url-trivial-subdomains The problem is that I block port 80, so I need to add "s" to open it. HTTPS redirect...
  5. Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar: Been using browsers since 1994's Netscape and never thought I would be asking such a question *Biggrin But... I am unable to paste a URL into the Microsoft Edge address bar. It appears the issue goes back > 4 years; and although I have searched extensively for a solution,...
  6. Edge open URL in new Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge open URL in new Windows: Edge is not currently our default browser due to multiple incompatibilities with various applications. Some sites must open in Chrome for proper functionality. For sites that are Edge compatible we would like to create shortcuts to launch those web apps in a new Edge...
  7. Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar: This is an odd one, and a minor gripe, so please bear with me. As of yesterday when I click the URL searchbar (at the top) the transition to "most popular" and "log" happens in two chunks without a smooth scroll. The best way to describe this is if you click the "..."...
  8. EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL: When I put in Anadarko High School Class Of 1959, Anadarko, OK the page opens for a second and then is redirected to Welcome. This does not happen in Firefox, it opens the anadarko59 site and stays there. As far as I know, the anadarko59 URL is the only one this happens to...
  9. Microsoft Edge wont stay open

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge wont stay open: When I click the icon in task bar, EDGE search window will only stay open for about 5 seconds. Why? 10245
  10. Dragging an URL form Edge to the Desktop

in Browsers and Email
    Dragging an URL form Edge to the Desktop: Is it possible to drag URL's from Edge to the desktop? I got very used to doing this under Firefox and found it handy. Thank you. 100390

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge address bar wont stay permantely