Windows 10: EDGE V-E-R-R-Y slow

Discus and support EDGE V-E-R-R-Y slow in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 05/20/17 - I am on the latest Win 10 maintenance. Edge used to be very fast and now its the opposite. Have cleared all cookies, etc. Also communicated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bioya1, May 20, 2017.

1. bioya1 Win User

EDGE V-E-R-R-Y slow

05/20/17 - I am on the latest Win 10 maintenance. Edge used to be very fast and now its the opposite. Have cleared all cookies, etc. Also communicated this to Microsoft but they apparently don't care enough to respond. Anyone else have this and know the solution? (Besides using Chrome).
    THanks!

:)

bioya1, May 20, 2017
  2. sebgb Win User

GPS is V E R Y inacurate!!! E75

Hi, Gps works based on triangulation, the very moment one sat comes up in the coverage area you position is recalculated as well as when connection with one is lost. This changes are reflected in the changes in your speed and position while you stand still.
    It is noticeable even on purpose bilt navigators not as obvious as on mobile phones. As it was said before A-Gps helps (mostly for traf assist), but there are alternatives for symbian from popular top-market leaders that work great on nokias.

I'm currently testing the nokia built in nav and maps and I have to say the navigation experience is good, maps could do with improvement but overall it performs well. I have two other navigation software installed on my e75 with better maps but there is
    no big difference in accuracy between any of them. As a conclusion gps on e75 is above average if you use good maps and software while the phone has a few letdowns that hopefully will be sorted out in future firmware updates. Don't get me wrong I love it.

sebgb, May 20, 2017
  3. timauton Win User
    GPS is V E R Y inacurate!!! E75

That happens with every GPS. GPS receivers with WAAS augmentation are better - good to within 5-10m rather than 10-50m, provided they can see the WAAS satellite - but they still wander. I don't think the 5800 has WAAS, as it's not as accurate as my Bluetooth
    GPS, which does have WAAS (actually EGNOS as I'm in Europe, but it's the same thing).

If you're using Google Maps to decide on your true position, you should know that the satelite images are often a few metres out of place.

timauton, May 20, 2017
  4. EDGE V-E-R-R-Y slow

indianacarnie, May 20, 2017
  5. - could you fill out as much of the My System Specs forum thingy, that might give a clue as to the source of your problem
    - as much info as you can track down, if possible..??

BugMeister, May 20, 2017
  6. mrgeek Win User
    When Edge is behaving abnormally, I just do the reset in post 2. Easy to do, like uninstall/reinstall program. Just be sure to export your favorites and maybe take a screenshot of your settings so you can re-create. Good Luck

mrgeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

EDGE V-E-R-R-Y slow

1. EDGE V-E-R-R-Y slow - Similar Threads - EDGE slow

2. After last Edge WebView Kit / Edge / Office 365 this morning our Explorer became super slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After last Edge WebView Kit / Edge / Office 365 this morning our Explorer became super slow: After some updates on 06/02/2024 our Windows 10 Explorer became super slow on local and network drives. Every click takes a while, especially navigating through folders.The updates were:Office 365 de/enEdgeEdgeWebViewWe uninstalled Edge and Office 365, but could not get rid...
  3. After last Edge WebView Kit / Edge / Office 365 this morning our Explorer became super slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After last Edge WebView Kit / Edge / Office 365 this morning our Explorer became super slow: After some updates on 06/02/2024 our Windows 10 Explorer became super slow on local and network drives. Every click takes a while, especially navigating through folders.The updates were:Office 365 de/enEdgeEdgeWebViewWe uninstalled Edge and Office 365, but could not get rid...
  4. After last Edge WebView Kit / Edge / Office 365 this morning our Explorer became super slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. edge load utube very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge load utube very slow: Utube has been very slow to load and view video in last couple of days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-load-utube-very-slow/0a716e40-8289-4f5d-aaf7-db0d0e330612
  6. edge load utube very slow

edge load utube very slow: Utube has been very slow to load and view video in last couple of days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-load-utube-very-slow/0a716e40-8289-4f5d-aaf7-db0d0e330612
  7. Discord, Epic Games, Roblox, Chrome, and Edge are Slow or Not Loading at All

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord, Epic Games, Roblox, Chrome, and Edge are Slow or Not Loading at All: I have an MSI GE76 Raider Laptop and the new Windows 11 version 22H2 broke a bunch of things. It first got stuck on the install screen, then an hour later let me into my computer, but since then discord won't load, install, or update, epic games won't load, and google chrome...
  8. Discord, Epic Games, Roblox, Chrome, and Edge are Slow or Not Loading at All

Discord, Epic Games, Roblox, Chrome, and Edge are Slow or Not Loading at All: I have an MSI GE76 Raider Laptop and the new Windows 11 version 22H2 broke a bunch of things. It first got stuck on the install screen, then an hour later let me into my computer, but since then discord won't load, install, or update, epic games won't load, and google chrome...
  9. Mobile hotspot connected with laptop gives slow speed on chrome and fast speed on edge browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile hotspot connected with laptop gives slow speed on chrome and fast speed on edge browser: Hello everyone! I am using window 10 Pro on Lenovo ThinkPad x270 core i7 6th Generation. I am using 4G LTE Internet on mobile with 30 mb per second speed. when I connect my mobile hotspot with my laptop, The Internet speed becomes very slow on chrome browser and It is very...
  10. Mobile hotspot connected with laptop gives slow speed on chrome and fast speed on edge browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot connected with laptop gives slow speed on chrome and fast speed on edge browser: Hello everyone! I am using window 10 Pro on Lenovo ThinkPad x270 core i7 6th Generation. I am using 4G LTE Internet on mobile with 30 mb per second speed. when I connect my mobile hotspot with my laptop, The Internet speed becomes very slow on chrome browser and It is very...