Windows 10: Edge-When I right click back arrow it shows no history

Discus and support Edge-When I right click back arrow it shows no history in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In IE I could right click the back arrow and see my history and select a previous page, I can't do that in Edge. I right click-nothing, I left click... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by petrosil, Aug 9, 2015.

1. petrosil Win User

Edge-When I right click back arrow it shows no history

In IE I could right click the back arrow and see my history and select a previous page, I can't do that in Edge. I right click-nothing, I left click and hold and nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix?

Thanks

:)

petrosil, Aug 9, 2015

2. Microsoft Edge Most Recent Viewed Pages

When browsing with Internet Explorer I can see a list of most recently viewed web pages by right clicking on the back arrow. When using Edge if I right click on the back arrow nothing happens. Is this feature not available in Edge. I can view history
    after a number clicks and it is not tab specific. Finding a recent viewed page was easier in IE. Is my Edge working properly? Does right clicking on the back arrow do nothing if Edge is working properly?

Don New User, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Drop down of recent sites in Address Bar in Edge.

For years I've been right-clicking the Back arrow or Forward arrow on IE to get a list of recent pages, then clicked on the one I wanted to revisit. This is a regular part of navigating complex websites. This is missing in Edge. Clicking in the search-term
    text box in Edge makes a couple of "top" websites appear, but not a history of recent sites and pages. Lack of this feature is serious enough to make me use a different browser.

Richard_Brown, Aug 9, 2015
  4. cbwilsha Win User

Yes, everybody has a problem because that ability no longer exists. During testing, I turned in Feedback to MS three different times complaining about that but they haven't listened. I use that facility quite often each day in the work I do.

cbwilsha, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    Edge is a new browser, and doesn't yet have all the features you might expect in a browser that's been around for a long time. These features will come in later releases.

Mystere, Aug 9, 2015
  6. petrosil Win User
    Well thanks for replying. Crazy how few features it actually has, between Edge and the nag box that comes up every time I click a link in Outlook, I'm using Chrome more than ever. Actually gotten to like it the more I use it. For some reason, no matter how many times I click the box to "Always use IE" or make IE the default browser it doesn't take. For now Chrome is the default.

petrosil, Aug 9, 2015
  7. The ability still exists, in fact it's a little more expansive. You just access it differently. To see the list of recently visited pages, click the menu icon (3 horizontal bars in the top right, next to the 'Bookmarks' star), then the 'History' icon (Looks like a clock face with a counter-clockwise arrow around it) The list that pops up will be the last hours pages, then links to 'earlier today', 'yesterday' last week' etc.

Richard

Rickinnocal, Sep 15, 2015
  8. Edge-When I right click back arrow it shows no history

See my post below. The feature is still there.

Richard

Rickinnocal, Sep 15, 2015
  9. Did you find a way to press down, or right-click on the "back" arrow, to see a page visited in the last few minutes and quickly go back to that page? That's what even a bare bones browser should allow.

No way Microsoft simply forgot to include this basic function. I'm suspecting that Microsoft somehow gets ad revenue from each page we visit on many sites. Skipping a page robs M.S. of a penny or two. Remember, Win10 is free to us, but is loaded with revenue generators for Microsoft.

AllenChicago, Sep 16, 2015
  10. petrosil Win User
    I have to agree with you, this was done on purpose. Not sure if it was for ad revenue, to increase speed, make it leaner or what. Releasing the browser without such a basic function and two months later it is still missing? That leaves no doubt that it was intentional.

Don't even get me started on the dropped support for Accelerators. I've been very happy with Chrome, except for maybe the way they do Bookmarks, seems like I have to dig for the ones I imported from IE.

petrosil, Sep 17, 2015
  11. I only used Chrome for a short time because it didn't allow me to do a resizing of the desired object (a webpage, or coupon, etc..) before printing it. IE allowed this flexibility in the Print Preview window. Now, along comes Edge and it's just like Chrome in this regard. Thank-goodness Microsoft didn't lock us out of using Internet Explorer. I still have to use it frequently.

AllenChicago, Sep 17, 2015
  12. Actually that doesn't solve the problem.
    History was always available in IE as a separate function.

Right clicking the back arrow allowed you to go back several recently visited pages.
    The big advantage to this is when adverts insert themselves as history they stop the back arrow working and so you could skip them by right clicking.

I've just encountered the problem because my settings blocked an advert resulting in "Blank Page".
    This doesn't show up in history and because the right click back arrow function is no longer there I had no option but to start again searching for the website.

I found the back arrow right click very useful and used it all the time on sites that are loaded with adverts such as Ebay.

Shouldn't be too much of a challenge for MS to re-install it should it?

John

Chaserfree, Dec 11, 2015
  13. gpstoloff Win User

You're lucky, Rick. My Edge doesn't keep any history.

I've tried changing the clear settings to clear nothing, but no joy!

Any suggestions?

gpstoloff, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge-When I right click back arrow it shows no history - Similar Threads - Edge right click

2. Mouse wheel is stuck in click mode when click it shows a circle with arrows. How do i...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse wheel is stuck in click mode when click it shows a circle with arrows. How do i...: the mouse is stuck in 'click mode' - ie when i roll the wheel nothing happens, but when i click the wheel it changes the cursor to a circle with arrows within it. If i place this circle near the top or bottom of the page the page does start to scroll but i do not seem to be...
  3. Mouse wheel is stuck in click mode when click it shows a circle with arrows. How do i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse wheel is stuck in click mode when click it shows a circle with arrows. How do i...: the mouse is stuck in 'click mode' - ie when i roll the wheel nothing happens, but when i click the wheel it changes the cursor to a circle with arrows within it. If i place this circle near the top or bottom of the page the page does start to scroll but i do not seem to be...
  4. Mouse wheel is stuck in click mode when click it shows a circle with arrows. How do i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click: As I stated above, when I right-click it acts as left-click but only sometimes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-when-i-right-click-it-acts-as-left-click/09ca8885-9870-425e-a902-eb680bba6d6b
  6. MICROSOFT EDGE SHOWS WHOTE SCREEN when i click on microsoft edge app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MICROSOFT EDGE SHOWS WHOTE SCREEN when i click on microsoft edge app: MICROSOFT EDGE SHOWS WHOTE SCREEN when i click on microsoft edge app I tried restoring and do reset pc still didnt fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-shows-whote-screen-when-i-click-on/bbec87f7-dd22-4953-bc47-9364c7d70d3c
  7. New laptop, can't see history when right-clicking icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New laptop, can't see history when right-clicking icon on taskbar: Word, for instance, only shows "word" and "unpin..." Recently updated submitted by /u/Massivemicropenis5 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3ev3l/new_laptop_cant_see_history_when_rightclicking/
  8. How to delete recent items history when you right-click Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete recent items history when you right-click Explorer: Hi! Sorry if this is a noobish question, but I couldn't find the answer in any forum. When I right-click the Exlorer icon on the taskbar, it shows me some recent items. I would like to delete this history. How can I do this? Below in the attachments is an image showing the...
  9. Right mouse click and no 'Back' option?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right mouse click and no 'Back' option?: My Toshiba laptop crashed and with the Black Friday deals going on I purchased a new Lenova laptop. Hooked up my Microsoft cordless mouse 3000. The mouse works fine other than I've lost the right click 'back' button option. I have enough time invested searching the...
  10. Mouse Right Click Back Feature

in Browsers and Email
    Mouse Right Click Back Feature: Hi All, I posted a similar topic a short time ago..nobody ever replied to that, so I thought I'd try again. In internet explorer..when you clicked the right mouse button you were presented with (as I remember) back plus other option's, I posted a similar message in the...